Sponsored

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
Let me get a BAP with black pillars and hood, that would be awesome. I'm not a fan at all of the lower two tone though.

I'll admit the pictures don't look like it, but it made me think of the avalanche as well when I first saw it. It's just too much going on. Color design should follow body features, not just randomly switch color halfway down the side.
Sponsored

Reactions: 780

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
By the time a customer finally actually takes delivery of one of these it will have already aged poorly
And that will be after Ford informs the customer that the two tones is no longer an option and the grill was no longer available and Ford is shipping it out to the customer expecting the customer to be happy not getting what was ordered.

Ford52Pu

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1952 Ford F1
Occupation
Retired
If I ever get my 22, I'll have two 50 years apart!

Back Ordered

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Engineer
Good grief, maybe they should focus on actually getting 2022 orders fulfilled before they have wet dreams about a dumb paint option. I’ve been waiting 6 months and mine isn’t even scheduled yet, so I could care less about 1970s paint schemes.

Sponsored

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A PowerBoost 7.2kw
If it is, it will only be offered to anything built at Kansas City Assembly.
why? So annoying this day in age we can’t have all colors available at all production plants. Drove me crazy I couldn’t order a space white powerboost.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
why? So annoying this day in age we can’t have all colors available at all production plants. Drove me crazy I couldn’t order a space white powerboost.
My thoughts exactly about ford not offering Race Red with black appearance package

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
This would of been a better idea as heritage.
Ford-F-150-BFP-Retro-05.jpg
Ford-F-150-1987.jpg
That's exactly what I thought, immediately. I'm not sure what Ford was thinking here.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
They also had 8 foot boxes...but that's a different discussion.
1972FordF100Ranger_01_700.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
I am NOT what one would call a die hard Ford Freak.
Growing up, my first love was with Chrysler Corp. and when I started buying pickups, almost exclusively Chevrolet Squarebodies.

But, This Generation of F100s, to me, was the best looking pickup EVER built.
They looked good dirty or clean, bent or straight, shiney or rusted out.
Odd as it may be, I also think the 64 Galaxie 500XL was the best looking car ever built. And that was the only vehicle I ever liked in RED.
Never had the opportunity to own either one of these, but I've had quite a few other interesting and powerful Chrysler toys over the years.

Now my toys are bit more subdued (age?).
65 Ranchero-Family owned since new-Factory v8/4spd/bucket seats
66 ElCamino- Wheezy old never rebuilt 73ish 307 and a Tremec 5spd. Nice hiway car.

Sponsored

NoCo150

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I think it would look better with a white upper option color.

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
- But wait, you can't take a 1970s era paint job and throw it on today's f150, it'll look ridiculous, we want this to be universally appealing.
I think this entire take is accurate, but here's an example I saw recently on the road of a modern version of classic vehicle - Land Rover Defender 110 - with retro paint job, including white roof, that looked pretty good (including steel wheels).
Ford F-150 2023 F-150 Heritage Edition Announced to Celebrate 75th Anniversary of F-Series Trucks 141593-1
Ford F-150 2023 F-150 Heritage Edition Announced to Celebrate 75th Anniversary of F-Series Trucks P1000551

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
I think this entire take is accurate, but here's an example I saw recently on the road of a modern version of classic vehicle - Land Rover Defender 110 - with retro paint job, including white roof, that looked pretty good (including steel wheels).
141593-1.jpg
P1000551.jpg
The defender is a niche vehicle, so designers will get a little more "creative" or "risky" with special editions than something as mass market as the F150.

We're all enthusiasts, so many would love the idea of a massive white stripe running down the side of the truck, but I suspect Ford wants to sell a lot of these heritage editions.

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
The defender is a niche vehicle, so designers will get a little more "creative" or "risky" with special editions than something as mass market as the F150.

We're all enthusiasts, so many would love the idea of a massive white stripe running down the side of the truck, but I suspect Ford wants to sell a lot of these heritage editions.
Yeah it seems like the Bronco is where they'll do some of the fun updated-retro designs
Sponsored