Sponsored

Priority update - Audio 23-PU1024-6CHAUD-Now low volume, poor audio quality, no bass response

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
Was the 6ch aud update ACM or DSP?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Davecp114

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
Thanks to everyone for providing your feedback and helping to make this concern known. I believe all of the comments here made a difference. If you received this update, I’m sure you’re a little happier with the sound quality…..I know I am. If you haven’t received this one yet….there’s light at the end of the tunnel! I hope @Ford Motor Company learned something with this one. We have spoken!

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
There it is, as Jesse thought the F188 went to AJ
Thanks
FYI, my truck does not have the issue, and I had a DSP update show up in FDRS a couple weeks ago that took me to F188 = ML8T-14C589-AD. It seemed like it was actually a rollback to a 2021 version.

Sponsored

Fordman0976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt powerboost
How do you know update to fix audio issue was received? My audio on 21' still with no bass responde

OP
OP
Davecp114

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
So no Tundra in your near future afterall?

😉
Not yet….i guess! It’s one thing to have a software problem that causes something to not work as designed but nothing is so prominent as a problem with the audio system. I love to listen to music while driving and every day since this issue happened has been disappointing. I’m glad that they got this one fixed….i just wish it didn’t take a month to do it. The OTA process has had good periods and like this….some really bad ones. I think most people are ok with glitches from time to time. More transparency from @Ford Motor Company when this happens would be welcomed. They couldn’t even list that this most recent update was the audio system fix in the description when they rolled it out. This is just a small example of how Ford does things….everything is a huge secret and they tell you what they believe is best for you as a customer vs asking customers what they want. I get trade secrets, etc but customers would appreciate knowing that their concerns are being addressed and where the process stands while the bugs are getting worked out. No one expects perfection all the time….customer service is more about how a company addresses problems when they arise and keep customers informed while a fix is being devised. So many commented here that Ford said “this is the first we are hearing of this” when they called to report the problem. How companies deal with a problem is how they make happy customers. I get better update information for my iPhone. I think it’s fair to expect better from Ford when it comes to a truck that cost upwards of $60,000.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
And... I confirm to have the DSP update (or rollback, however it shall be phrased) as of Friday night.
If I recall correctly, I was stuck on an an update that did not complete. I think it was 6.5 or something similar. Friday on the way home from work my screen showed that an update was scheduled for 1am (my typical scheduled time). As soon as I got home I adjusted it to 1 hour from then. I just HAD to see if that would be the long awaited FIX!
Unfortunately, I was sequestered by the old lady to do other things yesterday so the truck had to wait. I got in this morning and lo & behold, I didn't need to crank it up to 25! It sounded like it did almost two months ago. Or, at least I think it does. I'm not a professional audiophile and my hearing isn't what it once was, but I dang sure know it was much better.
Also, to confirm, I can't find any update number or info. Only the same statement the others have already posted.
Oh - and the new FordPass app? Meh. Not sure if I like it. It took some hunting around to find the update. I guess I'll need to learn a new site map.
Sponsored