Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
@Kanuck the strange thing about this ota is that I just had an FDRS check yesterday and the only available update was the HVAC module. I'm not sure which module this OTA targeted, either the DSP or ACM. But in the past updates like this would always show up in FDRS first before being sent OTA. I'll check the F188 in the morning and let you know.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
So we have stealth updates now that hide from FDRS? 🤣

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Ford IT dept is just mad at us because we can figure out what they are doing before they can...LOL They are throwing curves at us trying to confuse us.

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
I just got this one also. 6 min. inhibit. I have whatever the basic B&O system is, not unleashed.
After getting phantom feature notifications nearly daily for a month, I almost didn’t check this one but, well, y’know.

Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) IMG_5338

Sponsored

tjtennispro

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 V6 Lariat
Occupation
Tennis Pro
I just got this one also. 6 min. inhibit. I have whatever the basic B&O system is, not unleashed.
After getting phantom feature notifications nearly daily for a month, I almost didn’t check this one but, well, y’know.

IMG_5338.jpeg
Do y’all have automatic updates set to off? Is that how you’re able to initiate the update?
Secondly I’ve gotten my 4th update this month as of yesterday. My truck wasn’t parked on the street today, that
Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) IMG_6453
encouraging.
One of the updates disconnected me from my WiFi though. I set it back to WiFi but kinda wondering if I shouldn’t have… the floodgates finally opened and I’m not sure my WiFi has been on.
I took this picture after reconnecting to WiFi. Despite using my Noco 10 it does seem that my truck updates after a good 30 min drive.
Parking brake and turning headlights off is a habit now. What’s sucks though is the headlights switch back to auto if you open any door except the driver side after flipping them off.

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
Do y’all have automatic updates set to off? Is that how you’re able to initiate the update?
Secondly I’ve gotten my 4th update this month as of yesterday. My truck wasn’t parked on the street today, that
IMG_6453.jpeg
encouraging.
One of the updates disconnected me from my WiFi though. I set it back to WiFi but kinda wondering if I shouldn’t have… the floodgates finally opened and I’m not sure my WiFi has been on.
I took this picture after reconnecting to WiFi. Despite using my Noco 10 it does seem that my truck updates after a good 30 min drive.
Parking brake and turning headlights off is a habit now. What’s sucks though is the headlights switch back to auto if you open any door except the driver side after flipping them off.
OK. I have auto updates on and scheduled to install at 0100. Your truck won’t notify you OR install an update unless, after it downloaded it, you’ve started the engine. After a notification, I go to Software Updates and hit install now & I install it. If I don’t hit install now, it’ll do it at 0100.
The WiFi turning off thing was fixed by a power up that improved connectivity. Whether it’s on or off doesn’t seem to effect updates.
Did I hit all your questions? Cheers!

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited 900A
I got up through 4.2.4 back in October and then just kinda stalled out. Nothing for a few months, so I reached out to Rugedraw and he had a guy take a look at my history. I had an IPC update that they said looked wonky, and without it, I would get go no further. It was at that point I decided to go ahead with trying FDRS to do updates. I got everything installed I could, and the experts looked at it again and said the IPC was still hung.

Long story short, I was able to get with the guy to have him help me get it resolved. 3 hours later I had all the updates and all is working well. Many of the things that were updated were these audio updates and the driver/passenger door control updates, etc etc. So I guess I am at the equivalent of OTA 6.8+. I have not had them check to see if anything else is now pending in the last 2 months since it was updated, but BC works well, my BO Unleashed sounds really good for my ear, and everything is functional as expected. I think my Sync is 23291....

After all the crap from early on, it is nice to at least get to par on updates.

EDIT : I forgot to say that the expert guy seemed to think that, if I am recalling correctly, my IPC SW seemed like it was maybe corrupted with some bad code. That is why he had to do some really creative things to get it unwound and functioning properly.

Last edited:

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Sponsored

tjtennispro

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 V6 Lariat
Occupation
Tennis Pro
OK. I have auto updates on and scheduled to install at 0100. Your truck won’t notify you OR install an update unless, after it downloaded it, you’ve started the engine. After a notification, I go to Software Updates and hit install now & I install it. If I don’t hit install now, it’ll do it at 0100.
The WiFi turning off thing was fixed by a power up that improved connectivity. Whether it’s on or off doesn’t seem to effect updates.
Did I hit all your questions? Cheers!
thanks so much. This is the first time I’ve seen this screen. Ford is really getting us caught up fast. 3 updates first month. Nothing for 13 months. This will be my 5th update this month.
Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) IMG_6460

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I just received 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD and before installing I received a scheduled "inhibited install" notification in Fordpass. When reading the install prerequisites, I noticed a couple of changes in the wording. They nolonger mention that Parking brake needs to be set, now they simply say your foot can't be on the brake pedal. Secondly they now simply say the lights need to be off, where as before they said the headlights needed to be switched off. And in what seems to be a backwards step, it now says that once an update starts you may not be able to lock, unlock, or enter the vehicle. Lol, in one of the future proofing updates we received last year, we were told that now you can enter your vehicle during an inhibited install. Make up your mind Ford! :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20240326_203232_FordPass.jpg
Looks like I’ll be due for this update in a few days 😂

Baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost (High) BAP
Occupation
Manufacturing/Design Engineer
Can’t find this one on the spreadsheet does anyone know what it is? May just be overlooking it
IMG_5676.png
Definitely a new one that I haven't seen yet. I think there has been 4 or 5 new updates since @rugedraw has been on vacation... I do not have access to FDRS but I am sure we will get some more info after he gets back!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Can’t find this one on the spreadsheet does anyone know what it is? May just be overlooking it
IMG_5676.png
Looks like we are up to 3 updates Rugedraw needs to look into.
Sponsored