Sponsored

Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ?

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Thanks, but I don't think 3 days is enough to start to figure out what's possible and to get the parts. I'd rather have that for when I'm assembling it all. So if someone has access at the moment, I think it would be good if they post the diagrams so we can figure out what's necessary, including the exact modules necessary that will work. I plan to do all of what you have in mind also. I think it will take some homework ahead of time to get this done.

If you give me some time, maybe 1-2 weeks I will be doing this very soon. All of my parts are in besides a piece of washer hose they forgot to send, and the jumper from the front cam to pre ran coax jumper behind the grille. I’m working with Jessee to get that part number.

I bought the access to the service manuals 3-4 times, spending several hours a night researching. I have downloaded and saved all wiring diagrams needed and connector faces and pin outs, as well as harness overviews. I will be doing a video of all of this, and a write up. I have pics of all of the parts needed and the part numbers.

I will also list where I bought my wire and such needed to build the harness that goes from the IPMA to the third brake light. Disregard the info I posted about the brake light harness above as I was wrong.

I have spent weeks researching and asking questions, Jessee has helped me so much and I couldn’t have even touched this without him. He also sold and programmed an IPMA shipped to me.

PersonalT, I noticed that on your list you have the APIM listed but that is not needed for the cameras. You have to replace the IPMA.
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Thanks, but I don't think 3 days is enough to start to figure out what's possible and to get the parts. I'd rather have that for when I'm assembling it all. So if someone has access at the moment, I think it would be good if they post the diagrams so we can figure out what's necessary, including the exact modules necessary that will work. I plan to do all of what you have in mind also. I think it will take some homework ahead of time to get this done.
You will learn a ton more by studying the wiring diagrams and connectors than you would by looking at pics that show how to disassemble the front end. The wiring diagrams are fairly intuitive and by studying them and being able to use the links in PTS to constantly move back and forth between info and pages, I gained an apprentice level of knowledge on automotive wiring. I have probably gotten 6 different 3 days subscriptions since September of last year. $120 isn’t trivial, but what I learned amounts to a helluva lot more than that

elmerhiggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
You will learn a ton more by studying the wiring diagrams and connectors than you would by looking at pics that show how to disassemble the front end. The wiring diagrams are fairly intuitive and by studying them and being able to use the links in PTS to constantly move back and forth between info and pages, I gained an apprentice level of knowledge on automotive wiring. I have probably gotten 6 different 3 days subscriptions since September of last year. $120 isn’t trivial, but what I learned amounts to a helluva lot more than that
I'm sure I would but I don't see how that would be the best use of time , or most efficient. Usually someone does a mod and posts a diy writeuo. I'm new to the f150 game but surprised at how few write-ups there are on the country's most popular vehicle.

elmerhiggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
If you give me some time, maybe 1-2 weeks I will be doing this very soon. All of my parts are in besides a piece of washer hose they forgot to send, and the jumper from the front cam to pre ran coax jumper behind the grille. I’m working with Jessee to get that part number.

I bought the access to the service manuals 3-4 times, spending several hours a night researching. I have downloaded and saved all wiring diagrams needed and connector faces and pin outs, as well as harness overviews. I will be doing a video of all of this, and a write up. I have pics of all of the parts needed and the part numbers.

I will also list where I bought my wire and such needed to build the harness that goes from the IPMA to the third brake light. Disregard the info I posted about the brake light harness above as I was wrong.

I have spent weeks researching and asking questions, Jessee has helped me so much and I couldn’t have even touched this without him. He also sold and programmed an IPMA shipped to me.

PersonalT, I noticed that on your list you have the APIM listed but that is not needed for the cameras. You have to replace the IPMA.
That sounds great. Good luck on mod and will wait to hear on progress! Thanks!!

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I'm sure I would but I don't see how that would be the best use of time , or most efficient. Usually someone does a mod and posts a diy writeuo. I'm new to the f150 game but surprised at how few write-ups there are on the country's most popular vehicle.
I think it’s because it’s still a relatively new vehicle and there’s just not a lot of people doing these mods, I mean sure, on this one specific forum there seems to be at least a large handful of people doing it, but even the other big F150 forum doesn’t seem to have the knowledge base or know how that this one does, specific to the gen 15 F150.

I don’t generally care to just install something without understanding all of the how and why behind everything, but I also understand that I’m pretty uncommon in that aspect.

Maybe you could write up the DIY?

Sponsored

elmerhiggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I think it’s because it’s still a relatively new vehicle and there’s just not a lot of people doing these mods, I mean sure, on this one specific forum there seems to be at least a large handful of people doing it, but even the other big F150 forum doesn’t seem to have the knowledge base or know how that this one does, specific to the gen 15 F150.

I don’t generally care to just install something without understanding all of the how and why behind everything, but I also understand that I’m pretty uncommon in that aspect.

Maybe you could write up the DIY?
That makes sense.

Im pretty handy and would love to do it in my younger days and have done plenty for other models and makes but I just don't have the time now. I've now kind of turned into the ones who used to copy and follow what I used to do. Hoping there are adventuring minds out there with a little time to spend to make these trucks better. It's pretty cool that you can turn a base truck and add options that a truck twice it's cost would have. Exciting.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
That makes sense.

Im pretty handy and would love to do it in my younger days and have done plenty for other models and makes but I just don't have the time now. I've now kind of turned into the ones who used to copy and follow what I used to do. Hoping there are adventuring minds out there with a little time to spend to make these trucks better. It's pretty cool that you can turn a base truck and add options that a truck twice it's cost would have. Exciting.
Understood and agreed. I spent the last 6 months turning my lariat mid into a lariat high and now I’m trading it in for a PB platinum lol. BUT I did learn a ton

I also started a new job recently that basically evaporated all of my free time so I get that too lol. That’s part of the reason I’m upgrading my truck since I won’t have time to do the parts anymore

elmerhiggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Understood and agreed. I spent the last 6 months turning my lariat mid into a lariat high and now I’m trading it in for a PB platinum lol. BUT I did learn a ton

I also started a new job recently that basically evaporated all of my free time so I get that too lol. That’s part of the reason I’m upgrading my truck since I won’t have time to do the parts anymore
That's awesome. And I understand there are some folks who have literally added blue cruise to ther trucks! If there was a diy writeup for that..I'd do it!

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
That sounds great. Good luck on mod and will wait to hear on progress! Thanks!!
Thank you! Leaving this here for anyone that needs it. I know PersonalT will. Thanks to Jessee for this part number. Once I get this part I will pick a nice day and do the install!

- [ ] SHORT FRONT CAM JUMPER - ML3Z-10E929-CDB (THIS IS THE JUMPER FROM THE FRONT CAM TO THE PRE INSTALLED HARNESS BEHIND THE GRILLE) $11

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne

I think that part is ML3Z10E929CCA. I can shoot you a picture of the part when I get home.

For the third brake light, do you mean the tail gate camera or cargo? I was hoping I was going to find the cargo camera prewired to the headliner connector but I have not dug in to it. The tail light camera has two different wiring diagrams in the writing manual. But I assume that sauce that camera already works I can find it at ipma.

I was starting my journey at the front of the truck. I'm trying to add the parking aid sensors when I add the front camera. Assuming I got the right pins from digikey, I am just waiting for paint for sensors.

Me writing apim is a brain fart, I have a computer system apim I run many times a day at work so every time I go to write ipma I end up writing apim if I don't pay attention. Will fix. I added some of the Digi key pins I ordered for parking sensors at 1590 and ipma to that sheet but have but yet verified

Sponsored

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I think that part is ML3Z10E929CCA. I can shoot you a picture of the part when I get home.

For the third brake light, do you mean the tail gate camera or cargo? I was hoping I was going to find the cargo camera prewired to the headliner connector but I have not dug in to it. The tail light camera has two different wiring diagrams in the writing manual. But I assume that sauce that camera already works I can find it at ipma.

I was starting my journey at the front of the truck. I'm trying to add the parking aid sensors when I add the front camera. Assuming I got the right pins from digikey, I am just waiting for paint for sensors.

Me writing apim is a brain fart, I have a computer system apim I run many times a day at work so every time I go to write ipma I end up writing apim if I don't pay attention. Will fix. I added some of the Digi key pins I ordered for parking sensors at 1590 and ipma to that sheet but have but yet verified
The jumper part number is in my last post, it’s the jumper needed from the front camera to the existing installed harness. The jumper part number you sent (CCA) is to go from the IPMA to the under hood connector which connects to the existing installed harness.

The third brake light I’m referring to is the rear cargo cam (above the bed) and needs to have a harness built from the IPMA to the 3rd brake light. 5 wires. I have bought the wire and things necessary already to build it.

You also will not be able to only add one camera. You will have to do the whole 360 cam system at once. I plan on running all the coax and wiring, then installing the IPMA last.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
The jumper part number is in my last post, it’s the jumper needed from the front camera to the existing installed harness. The jumper part number you sent (CCA) is to go from the IPMA to the under hood connector which connects to the existing installed harness.

The third brake light I’m referring to is the rear cargo cam (above the bed) and needs to have a harness built from the IPMA to the 3rd brake light. 5 wires. I have bought the wire and things necessary already to build it.

You also will not be able to only add one camera. You will have to do the whole 360 cam system at once. I plan on running all the coax and wiring, then installing the IPMA last.
Interesting. All these part numbers are really similar - :ROFLMAO: Looking at the wiring diagram and connector locator you are right in that there should be a small jumper connector from camera (C1683) to C1281. With C1281 beign right at the buttom you are right in that the cable should be short. So the part you mention seems right - ML3Z-10E929-CDB. My cable is a bunch longer. I bought ML3Z10E929CCA as the front camera harness from some of Jessie's earlier posts (one from April 2022). This may be a case of him using that harness on his truck because his XL wasnt prewired. Seeing how long ML3Z10E929CCA was, I assumed it went all the way to connector C1591. What I should do is crawl around truck and see if either side of C1591 and C316 are prewired. I almost feel like I could run ML3Z10E929CCA all the way and get it to mate with the IPMA harness - assuming they are the right genders. Though I think they might not be.. Time to dig around on C1591 and C316 I guess as a next step. Or maybe pull some of the trim by the emblem and see if I canfind C1281 - You have a connector diagram for that? I assume it is just the one wire?

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 11.45.07 AM
Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 11.55.47 AM
Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 11.46.15 AM

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Interesting. All these part numbers are really similar - :ROFLMAO: Looking at the wiring diagram and connector locator you are right in that there should be a small jumper connector from camera (C1683) to C1281. With C1281 beign right at the buttom you are right in that the cable should be short. So the part you mention seems right - ML3Z-10E929-CDB. My cable is a bunch longer. I bought ML3Z10E929CCA as the front camera harness from some of Jessie's earlier posts (one from April 2022). This may be a case of him using that harness on his truck because his XL wasnt prewired. Seeing how long ML3Z10E929CCA was, I assumed it went all the way to connector C1591. What I should do is crawl around truck and see if either side of C1591 and C316 are prewired. I almost feel like I could run ML3Z10E929CCA all the way and get it to mate with the IPMA harness - assuming they are the right genders. Though I think they might not be.. Time to dig around on C1591 and C316 I guess as a next step. Or maybe pull some of the trim by the emblem and see if I canfind C1281 - You have a connector diagram for that? I assume it is just the one wire?

Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 11.45.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 11.55.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 11.46.15 AM.png

Alright, so the CCA jumper he had listed is needed. Don’t get that confused. It goes from the IPMA jumper CAA.

From the IPMA you have CAA which plugs into IPMA. Then it had a lead that connects to CCA. That jumper connects to connector c1591 on top of the fender on the driver side. From that connector there is a pre installed jumper that goes to the grille. The plug has a dummy plug on it and is inside of a grommet beside the active grille shutter plug. FROM THAT you run the small CDB jumper to the front emblem camera.

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? 59ACE1EB-E4BB-435C-9CEA-D3C485B52293

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? 9B8CE053-64DC-4D55-9369-BC8D89532D9E

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
It took forever and I have drove Jessee crazy and spent hours upon hours researching this. I WILL absolutely do a write up on it once I do it. I’m hoping this weekend. So hopefully I can answer everyone’s questions.

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
Does anyone know what plug or part number either of these two brown connector are? It's for the rear view camera on the XLT and up trims. My XL doesn't have it but i'm trying to add it along with the other 360 bits.

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? IMG_2887
Sponsored