Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

rudyk

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I also received my device from WillB17...Works like a charm! I just dropped the skid plate and had plenty of room to use my hand to remove the plug. No tools/pics necessary(other than a 15mm socket, extension and wrench, to drop the skid plate). Took about 5 mins. I wrapped the new connection with plenty of electrical tape and zip tied the device to the frame a few times to avoid any unnecessary movement/banging. Thanks WillB!!
Sponsored

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
Just Installed the device created by WillB17 today. It is so nice not to hear that darn speaker growling any more. Thank you the others who have contributed with tip & tricks to getting the connector to release with the screwdriver it really helped especially with my wreck-it-ralph sized hands.... Ahhhhhhhhh, the sound of silence.
I agree. I now have more respect for the dentists and proctologists. They have to work in tight places where their hands do not naturally fit and manipulate in all manners. Thankfully the tips provided here made it a decent task. Thanks to all.

Pepito113

First Name
Eloy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
glad you noticed the name! I was wondering if it was worth the time :D I am also starting to do red white and blue shrink as a fun touch haha
Can’t wait to get mine. Hopefully soon. ?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Can’t wait to get mine. Hopefully soon. ?
Going out this week for sure! I finally got pins and housings and now waiting for my speaker caps to finish! Thanks for holding out so far

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Going out this week for sure! I finally got pins and housings and now waiting for my speaker caps to finish! Thanks for holding out so far
No rush here fine sir. I appreciate the desire to do things first class and the patience to wait for it to be.

BradM

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost
Are you guys leaving WILLB17 mod in place when taking truck in for service?

BradM

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost
Hi Guys, glad everyone is enjoying the parts. I am getting some feedback about people wanting to cover the speaker plug, so I will be developing one in the next day or so. For those that have already purchased a device from me, I will be messaging and sending one your way once its been created, all I ask is that shipping is covered, and of course you can decline the part as well.

All future orders will include a speaker cap, expect a small bump in price (probably $2-3 to cover materials)
Are you removing the mod when taking truck in for service?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I probably would, but I have a long relationship with my dealership. If I didn't, I'd probably be prudent if the truck had some kind of issue that was going to require troubleshooting.

For things like oil changes, they likely wouldn't even notice

Sponsored

Dreamer99

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 4x4 Lariat
Hey all, I just ended up doing a cheaper fix today that's more of a happy medium.

I took about a 4 inch square of 80ml butyl sound deadener I had leftover (Dynamat or similar),
and covered the speaker.
Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 7.26.49 PM.png

I love it because
1) Windows Up driving < 25 mph - if I'm on quiet road, hybrid is in electric mode, and music + AC off.... I can BARELY hear it.

2) Windows Down driving < 25 mph - I can hear it, which means pedestrians will too, so it still is doing it's job.

Same with backing up - I can hear the beeping just barely windows up, but definitely can windows down (so pedestrians can too)

This is wayyy better than before - where if the windows were up and I went from 26 to 25 mph, it was like my truck started a long descending fart that lasted until I came to a stop.

Just thought I'd share. Costs about 10 cents of material and 5m of your time..
Does this speaker make the noise going forward and the beeping in reverse?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Does this speaker make the noise going forward and the beeping in reverse?
It makes a sort of airplane noise, or an artificial electric engine noise anytime you are driving in electric mode under 25MPH, and beeps in reverse

Stuckey in NC

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Can't wait to install mine. Really appreciative of Will putting these together.

My powerboost is going to the dealership again in a few weeks for transmission issues (shudder, harsh shifts, ect) and I will be removing this device before dropping it off.
Sponsored