Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
I got a special present in the mail from WillB17 today. It worked like a charm. Disconnecting the speaker, however, was challenging and without the instructions on here, I don't think I would have been able to do it.

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) IMG_20211102_181930146_HDR

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
I got mine from WillB17 and it looks great, Can not wait to install. Good workmanship and looks well made.

Sponsored

Pepito113

First Name
Eloy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I got a special present in the mail from WillB17 today. It worked like a charm. Disconnecting the speaker, however, was challenging and without the instructions on here, I don't think I would have been able to do it.

IMG_20211102_181930146_HDR.jpg
I have to read them again. Any tricks or tips you learned?

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
I have to read them again. Any tricks or tips you learned?
I crawled back under to take some pictures so hopefully this helps. I did not want to go as far as re-connecting the speaker again because I still have PTSD from yesterday so my apologies:

1. Here is the general layout underneath the front of the car towards the driver's side. For my Powerboost FX4, the speaker is right over the active air dam and between the frame and a skid plate. I do not know if non-FX4 have the skid plate.

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) IMG_20211103_073729247_HDR

2. The tab you need to press when it is still connected to the speaker is on the opposite side of what you can see, which is the trickiest part. So I ended up using the hooked o-ring pick to pull down on the connector to press the tab, and then I used the flathead screwdriver to lever against the active air dam to pop off the connector. It did not come out slowly for me. It didn't budge and made me regret my life choices, and then all of a sudden it popped off. The rest was all downhill because there was enough slack in the wires where attaching the new device was not even an issue.

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) IMG_20211103_073855090

I tried a bunch of different tools such as pliers, but these ended up being the only effective ones:

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) IMG_20211103_073634617_HDR

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Hi Guys, glad everyone is enjoying the parts. I am getting some feedback about people wanting to cover the speaker plug, so I will be developing one in the next day or so. For those that have already purchased a device from me, I will be messaging and sending one your way once its been created, all I ask is that shipping is covered, and of course you can decline the part as well.

All future orders will include a speaker cap, expect a small bump in price (probably $2-3 to cover materials)

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I crawled back under to take some pictures so hopefully this helps. I did not want to go as far as re-connecting the speaker again because I still have PTSD from yesterday so my apologies:

1. Here is the general layout underneath the front of the car towards the driver's side. For my Powerboost FX4, the speaker is right over the active air dam and between the frame and a skid plate. I do not know if non-FX4 have the skid plate.

IMG_20211103_073729247_HDR.jpg

2. The tab you need to press when it is still connected to the speaker is on the opposite side of what you can see, which is the trickiest part. So I ended up using the hooked o-ring pick to pull down on the connector to press the tab, and then I used the flathead screwdriver to lever against the active air dam to pop off the connector. It did not come out slowly for me. It didn't budge and made me regret my life choices, and then all of a sudden it popped off. The rest was all downhill because there was enough slack in the wires where attaching the new device was not even an issue.

IMG_20211103_073855090.jpg

I tried a bunch of different tools such as pliers, but these ended up being the only effective ones:

IMG_20211103_073634617_HDR.jpg
PBXL, with your permission I'd like to create instructions based on your post that I can include with the devices I am sending out. Let me know if that's okay with you.

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek

IMG_20211103_073729247_HDR.jpg
I was able to easily push down on the tab using a medium sized flathead screwdriver going through the square hole in the "box frame" that you can see in the picture above. Just use another screwdriver levered against the air dam to gently push the plug off the speaker.

A small zip-tie through the holes on the sides of the resistor and I secured it to the frame quite nicely.

Thanks @WillB17!!!

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
Hey all, I just ended up doing a cheaper fix today that's more of a happy medium.

I took about a 4 inch square of 80ml butyl sound deadener I had leftover (Dynamat or similar),
and covered the speaker.
Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 7.26.49 PM

I love it because
1) Windows Up driving < 25 mph - if I'm on quiet road, hybrid is in electric mode, and music + AC off.... I can BARELY hear it.

2) Windows Down driving < 25 mph - I can hear it, which means pedestrians will too, so it still is doing it's job.

Same with backing up - I can hear the beeping just barely windows up, but definitely can windows down (so pedestrians can too)

This is wayyy better than before - where if the windows were up and I went from 26 to 25 mph, it was like my truck started a long descending fart that lasted until I came to a stop.

Just thought I'd share. Costs about 10 cents of material and 5m of your time..

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Hey all, I just ended up doing a cheaper fix today that's more of a happy medium.

I took about a 4 inch square of 80ml butyl sound deadener I had leftover (Dynamat or similar),
and covered the speaker.
Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 7.26.49 PM.png

I love it because
1) Windows Up driving < 25 mph - if I'm on quiet road, hybrid is in electric mode, and music + AC off.... I can BARELY hear it.

2) Windows Down driving < 25 mph - I can hear it, which means pedestrians will too, so it still is doing it's job.

Same with backing up - I can hear the beeping just barely windows up, but definitely can windows down (so pedestrians can too)

This is wayyy better than before - where if the windows were up and I went from 26 to 25 mph, it was like my truck started a long descending fart that lasted until I came to a stop.

Just thought I'd share. Costs about 10 cents of material and 5m of your time..
Not cheaper if have to buy it from scratch. It's expensive for a decent size sheet. You were just lucky you had a left over piece from a project.

PFD664

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Crew 502a Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Just Installed the device created by WillB17 today. It is so nice not to hear that darn speaker growling any more. Thank you the others who have contributed with tip & tricks to getting the connector to release with the screwdriver it really helped especially with my wreck-it-ralph sized hands.... Ahhhhhhhhh, the sound of silence.
Sponsored