• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Yea, got that marketing email. Got my hopes up and ended up being a total waste of my time.
Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
EAA gave me X Plan access immediately ;) I get they may not have X Plan pricing, my dealer merely said if it is available they will give it to me.
That's the way I bought my last several fords, quick, easy and no hassles. Not that my local dealer has been anything but good to work with.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ford has only said they will ramp up as much as possible to 80,000 by 2024. So it will depend how they allocate resources and are able to get parts. They will not tie them to a specific number.

Palmer said he expects 80,000-90,000 in 2023 during the InsideEVs interview. That indicates about 7,000/mo capacity. If they start in April and ramp production to 7,000/mo over the first six months in a linear fashion (1,000 in April, 2,000 in May, 3,000 in June, etc) that would be over 40,000 in 2022. I'm generically familiar with manufacturing ramp up times. In my experience 6 months is what it takes to get you really hitting on all cylinders. That jump up to 50% capacity happens fairly quickly and then the climb to 100% takes a while. I haven't been responsible for vehicle manufacture but I wouldn't expect it to be terribly different. I think a linear ramp to proposed capacity is fairly conservative.

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
This was in my Ford account with my Lightning reservation. Looks like assumed pro model pricing in Canada. Everyone got this or something similar?
Ford F-150 Lightning October 26 is apparently NOT when 2022 F-150 Lightning ordering begins (order bank opens) 49B4DAB5-C687-4753-A38A-EC8A5C7DF0EE

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Word of caution, Ford will likely not allow the x-plan program on Lightning due to demand. That happened on the Bronco. A dealer can try to match that price if they want but just a heads up before you join mustang club of america or something like that.
I joined the mustang club about 60 days ago just in case X Plan is offered on the Lightning. Just a FYI to everyone thinking about it, Ford requires you to be a member for 90 days for X Plan. However, I assume that is 90 days from purchasing, not ordering, the Lightning. Does anyone know for sure?

Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
What are these emails you guys are getting? I reserved the minute the site went live( in Canada) and have a Ford account but I haven’t gotten anything. We also have no scheduled lightning tours up here so I have no idea what’s going on and the dealers seem to know less.
It was just a generic marketing email touting the benefits of the Lightning. Nothing you haven't seen before.

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
Now that it's been confirmed that MSRP = Invoice, anyone know what places like Stephens Auto are doing that were previously stating they'd sell for $500 over invoice?

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
But is something like this legally binding? Reading the Jalopnik story with the Bronco it sounds like people got email confirmation and a big markup when their vehicle came in
No, not legally binding. But they have a good reputation around here and I’m sure they will honor that commitment.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Now that it's been confirmed that MSRP = Invoice, anyone know what places like Stephens Auto are doing that were previously stating they'd sell for $500 over invoice?
You should ask them, but my guess, is they will sell at MSRP. There is sufficient profit to be made on a vehicle which is essentially presold, and won't spend more than a couple of days on their lot.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
This was in my Ford account with my Lightning reservation. Looks like assumed pro model pricing in Canada. Everyone got this or something similar?
49B4DAB5-C687-4753-A38A-EC8A5C7DF0EE.png
This might be specific to the way Canada does things; the pricing information is not in the US reservation details.

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
It was just a generic marketing email touting the benefits of the Lightning. Nothing you haven't seen before.
Just got that generic email today. Scary that I’m a month and half behind in Canada getting that email but maybe Lightning tour is coming?

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Pardon my ignorance, but is this ordering bank opening to all reservation holders?
Sponsored