Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Feast or famine indeed. For you coming up is 4.3.2 and it seems to need more distance than 15 feet. I am in the middle of a road trip and got OTA 4.3.2 after a 200 mile leg yesterday.

Curious how some are getting OTAs bang, bang bang and others are still being ignored.
I actually fell behind on updates with my buddy Big Dog Daddy. Him being a 2021 and mine being a 2022, it was a reversal of fortune.
Then suddenly, as you described, bang bang and we are parallel.

I kinda liked trailing him a bit. It was good to see the OTA stepchildren have their day. 😁
Sponsored

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
Would anyone be able to check my VIN inside of FDRS when they have some time? 1FTFW1E50MKD00781

I've taken my truck to the dealer for them to try to figure out my broken OTA updates. They told me they didn't see anything wrong, that it was up to date. I took it back in a second time when a forum member showed me the photo below. I'm not really concerned about what radio version I have, I'm just trying to get the updates installed as my warranty is about to run out, I'm at 35,800 miles. They are saying they do not see the updates for my truck like i provided in the photo. I'm confused and not understanding.. I thought FDRS was a global system? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ford F-150 New Power-Up OTA Update 4.2.4 1683575567381

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Feast or famine indeed. For you coming up is 4.3.2 and it seems to need more distance than 15 feet. I am in the middle of a road trip and got OTA 4.3.2 after a 200 mile leg yesterday.

Curious how some are getting OTAs bang, bang bang and others are still being ignored.
This is entirely speculation, my truck also queued up 4.2.2 the day after a 60 mile drive. This leads me to wonder if in the background are these trucks now reporting their battery SOC level to the cloud, and when a certain threshold is reached the OTA system is then allowed to create a trigger for install? Again, just speculation.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@LostBoy

They, your dealership, know exactly what your screenshot is. And yes, FDRS discussed on this forum IS exactly the same as FDRS at the dealership.

They are being dishonest with you because they are unwilling to just say that they won't update your truck for free. And I don't blame them for not doing it. I do blame them for being dishonest.

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
@LostBoy

They, your dealership, know exactly what your screenshot is. And yes, FDRS discussed on this forum IS exactly the same as FDRS at the dealership.

They are being dishonest with you because they are unwilling to just say that they won't update your truck for free. And I don't blame them for not doing it. I do blame them for being dishonest.
That's all it really comes down to. If you dont want to do it then please just say that instead of lying to me LOL. Just wanted to make sure i had all of my ducks in a row. I asked them to show me what they are seeing.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
hmmm first a guy living in coastal texas got it, now a louisiana guy
there is hope that little old us up her in north east tesxas might get the update soon

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here I was all excited that I just got home and 3.5.3 finally installed on my drive home. First OTA since November.
You actually should be excited.
Finally finishing the 3.5.X buffet likely has you prepped now for the Gatlin Gun 4.3.X volley.

And even if they don't come quickly, you have all the good stuff now.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
I kinda liked trailing him a bit. It was good to see the OTA stepchildren have their day. 😁
Well this stepchild FINALLY got the languishing 3.5.3!! Full screen Car Play!! 😋
Ford F-150 New Power-Up OTA Update 4.2.4 IMG_0190
Ford F-150 New Power-Up OTA Update 4.2.4 IMG_0191

This is entirely speculation, my truck also queued up 4.2.2 the day after a 60 mile drive. This leads me to wonder if in the background are these trucks now reporting their battery SOC level to the cloud, and when a certain threshold is reached the OTA system is then allowed to create a trigger for install? Again, just speculation.
BDD - I think you are on to something there. I was using my On Board Power Station to power a dog grooming trailer for a client. They were having electrical issues I was troubleshooting. It’s the first time I let the truck remain ‘on’ for 3 hours while sitting in a parking lot.
When I wrapped up the job (successfully, I might add) drove off and after a few minutes looked over at the screen to change the song and I saw the glorious image of a CHECK MARK! 😲😵😲 I had to do a double take. The Alexa symbol was next to it. My immediate thought was, “did that long powered running keep the battery topped off long enough for the system to trigger the update??”
🤔

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Well this stepchild FINALLY got the languishing 3.5.3!! Full screen Car Play!! 😋
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0191.jpeg

BDD - I think you are on to something there. I was using my On Board Power Station to power a dog grooming trailer for a client. They were having electrical issues I was troubleshooting. It’s the first time I let the truck remain ‘on’ for 3 hours while sitting in a parking lot.
When I wrapped up the job (successfully, I might add) drove off and after a few minutes looked over at the screen to change the song and I saw the glorious image of a CHECK MARK! 😲😵😲 I had to do a double take. The Alexa symbol was next to it. My immediate thought was, “did that long powered running keep the battery topped off long enough for the system to trigger the update??”
🤔
denton....darn everyone around me is getting them
how does ford dole them out?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0191.jpeg

🤔
Glad to hear your truck is catching up. That's great, expect the 4.x.x updates to come soon.

On the battery SOC thing, it's really just a theory, but I keep reading people here say "I was driving here or there and then my truck updated" . I really wish Ford would put out a comprehensive technical document explaining the OTA process functions. It seems to be a big mystery that's under lock and key, and only known by Ford's software development department.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
denton....darn everyone around me is getting them
how does ford dole them out?
I know how you feel, but take comfort my fellow A&P. I had been waiting since September with two failed attempts!
Sponsored