s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
Hey all,

For those that have gone the route of having your truck undercoated with LineX - how did it turn out? Have you found that it has held up well against the elements, that it has done its job in protecting the parts it coated? What did it cost you, and would you do it again?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Pictures of the LineX undercoating not required, but appreciated.
Sponsored

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I called my LineX dealer out of curiosity about lead time on a bed lining. While I had him on the phone, I asked him if he thought the undercoating was worthwhile and cost. Dude acted like I was from outer space. He said he's never done one in (I cant remember) amount of years and that he wasn't even equipped to do so. I was pretty surprised being that I live in a relatively big city (SLC) and he's the only dealer in town.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Following as something I am considering….
I am making appointment at local Linex for underbody using value guard as soon as I get my window sticker.

I plan on keeping this truck a long time, so I want to get the frame protected. Bad winters with salty roads and all.

Quoted $350 with lifetime warranty for under carriage. They remove spare tire and wheel liners. Touch up as needed.

I think its a no brainer for 350.

As long as you dont use rubber based undercoating, protection against salt is a must.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
On a side note....

Not all LineX dealers use the same material for undercoating.

I called around, and only 1 of the 3 I called uses Value Gaurd. All 3 use something different.

So going with that one. Research tells my this is the best option. Your opinion may vary.

Just dont assume they use what you think they use.

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
I got lineX sprayed right after I got my truck because I use the bed to carry stuff from time to time. I’m in Toronto, Ontario and for the basic line, I was charged $575.
Here’s after 1 year of use… no washing.

Ford F-150 LineX Undercoating - Worth It? D96BB88E-4C75-43AB-B100-2FD79CA3E453

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
If you are going to use Line X to undercoat, I am, you want to find a Line X dealer that does it regularly and uses a product called Valugard 160. The number 160 is important as Valugard makes a number of different undercoats.

Cosmoline is the best product for undercoating if you were to do it yourself and Valugard 160 is the product that most resembles Cosmoline.

Ask them about the frames of the truck and they should tell you they do inside the box frames first thing. Usually with a 360 degree wand. This is the most critical as you cannot see in the frame.
Sponsored