Rubberized Undercoating

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I am not fond of “films” and I don’t care for rubberized stuff even though there are some benefits. I’ve applied some Eastwood internal frame stuff to the inside my trucks frame frame and done Rustoleum rust reformer in several spots.

However. There’s a lot of compelling reasons for me to give this a go, so I probably will.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Hi, besides installing Xpell film protection for the paint, I was considering installing rubberized undercoating for the vehicle. I have light surface rust on the rear diff like others have mentioned. I was thinking this would give a lasting protecting as well as clean up the underside.

Are their any issues with warranty in having this professionally installed?
That is the absolutely the worst thing you can do. That will only supercharge the rusting by trapping in moisture.

Ruberized umdercoating should NEVER be used on vehicals. Never.

bdara

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 LARIAT 502A PowerBoost
Occupation
Engineer
Got a quote from local shop in VA.. damn prices around here suck..

"To undercoat your F-150 in Value Guard Undercoating it will be $799.00 and i will need your truck here for 2 days."
I wish I was quoted $800. I have a quote from my local (michigan) Line-X location for $975. They use the valugard 160. Is the Valugard 160 more expensive? Why are some people quoted sub $400?

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I was about to go with 3Ms rubberized undercoating, which is supposed to have some rust protection, but decided to run fluid film last minute. I used the 3m to do the wheel wells so they're black instead of space White It worked great and seemed very oily, so I have no doubt it wouldn't have been a bad option. After seeing some tests, I think either fluidfilm or cosmoline are the best options. I had my 04 F150 with Linex and that has worked well, but wasn't perfect after a decade which is fine.
Sponsored