Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
i know i know but that's too tacky of a method for me lol
:rolleyes:
TACKY? Ohhhhh, la tee da! Let us guess? Farley comes over to watch you work on your truck, so it’s gotta look beautiful? Maybe try some lace skirts to cover your jacks and the manly wood. 😂
(y)
Yeah, definitely dealing with a set of only-in-the-first-world hangups here, difficult to have any sympathy for such self-induced problems that have obvious, easy, practical, and perfectly functional solutions.
Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4

Sponsored

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
How much lift and what size tires are we talking about? Small ramps are a good option when you don't need to get the wheels off the ground. I made some solid wood ramps from 2x12 lumber because it's much more reliable than all of the lightweight plastic, foam, or cheap steel ramps I've seen. Race Ramps in particular wind up crushing over time even with light use.

My main jack at home is a Harbor Freight Daytona 3-Ton Long-Reach Low-Profile Professional Floor Jack, it has a 24.25" maximum lift height. It lifts my F150 from the factory lift points without issue, but I'm only leveled on stock size tires.

I didn't really like the idea of buying a floor jack from Harbor Freight, and I spent a lot of time looking for better options before I bought it. In the end I wound up accepting the fact that it was a really good jack in spite of who was selling it.

If my truck was significantly higher, I would lift it from the rear axle, lower control arms, lift kit crossmember, ect; or I would build a small extension for the lift pad on my floor jack.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
4x4s and 6x6s of various sizes are always handy to have. You can jack up and stick 12" 6x6s under each tire w/ parking brake engaged to get some additional height without stands.

AB_GA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
what is the solution for floor jacks and lifted trucks?? my standard floor jack will not reach high enough for my truck.
i want to hear what solutions out there are lol
I permanently have 2 ~3'pieces of 6x6 with me at all times.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Probably can lift from the control arm if just popping the wheel off, just make sure you get a jack stand under somewhere on the frame. I always jacked my Expedition up where the control arm meets the frame….idk if that frowned upon or not but never had any issues.

BrookSyrnyk

First Name
Brook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
Pipeliner
what is the solution for floor jacks and lifted trucks?? my standard floor jack will not reach high enough for my truck.
i want to hear what solutions out there are lol
Ford F-150 Lifted truck problems.. floor jack won't reach IMG_8044

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales