Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
FORD CONFIRMS TENTATIVE AGREEMENT WITH UAW

OCT 25, 2023 | DEARBORN

Statement attributable to Ford CEO and President Jim Farley

DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 25, 2023 – We are pleased to have reached a tentative agreement on a new labor contract with the UAW covering our U.S. operations.

Ford is proud to assemble the most vehicles in America and employ the most hourly autoworkers. We are focused on restarting Kentucky Truck Plant, Michigan Assembly Plant and Chicago Assembly Plant, calling 20,000 Ford employees back to work and shipping our full lineup to our customers again.

The agreement is subject to ratification by Ford’s UAW-represented employees. Consistent with the ratification process, the UAW will share details with its membership.
Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Ford wasn’t going to let Kentucky Truck Plant sit idle. The Super Duty is Fords lifeblood. Looks like both sides settled some.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i will be blasted, but all three need to move to better states that are right to work.
gm idled the suv plant in airlington to. GMS bread and butter

insanity,

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
i will be blasted, but all three need to move to better states that are right to work.
gm idled the suv plant in airlington to. GMS bread and butter

insanity,
Not by me. UAW is trash. I didnt hear anything about producing a better product, just more $$ and more time off for the same shit work.

......and people will be shocked by the '24 price increases.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
2025 vehicles from the big 3 will have price increases to pay for the wage increases.

I hope both sides come to some sort of agreement and get back to work.

Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Not by me. UAW is trash. I didnt hear anything about producing a better product, just more $$ and more time off for the same shit work.

......and people will be shocked by the '24 price increases.
Exactly this. I am not overly impressed with the build quality of my truck. Lots of assembly lack of attention to detail. If unions demand sky high wages they better be putting out a high quality product…or start putting out high quality product.

and every vehicles price increasing due to labor increases…I guess I’ll be keeping my 21 for a lot longer then - assuming it keeps running.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Exactly this. I am not overly impressed with the build quality of my truck. Lots of assembly lack of attention to detail. If unions demand sky high wages they better be putting out a high quality product…or start putting out high quality product.

and every vehicles price increasing due to labor increases…I guess I’ll be keeping my 21 for a lot longer then - assuming it keeps running.
Cutting corners on quality is a Ford decision to cut costs here and there.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs
Cutting corners on quality is a Ford decision to cut costs here and there.
I’m talking about the literal assembly. Trim pieces not aligned or snapped in correctly, the carpet cut lines, paint imperfections( I know they are robot painted but they are union inspected/passed).

the quality and timeliness of work better go way up.

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Wow! This contract shows the power of a Union and its effects on people’s standard of living. The next step after settling with GM and Stellantis is to organize Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai which all have factories in Right to Work for Less States. Congratulations Brothers and Sisters

Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs
Wow! This contract shows the power of a Union and its effects on people’s standard of living. The next step after settling with GM and Stellantis is to organize Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai which all have factories in Right to Work for Less States. Congratulations Brothers and Sisters
I guess if we want to see more expensive vehicles and reduced build quality…

nothing UAW, or any union has done, has impressed me. We have one union plant in our network and it is our most expensive, highest safety incidences, most redundant salaried “supervisors”, we cannot flex the plant when demand surges to bring in temp labor due to union requirements, and the quality of product they produce is less than our other plants - more first time pass rejects, more rework, and yet lower output?

I am sure there are some good things unions do, but I haven’t seen it since labor laws have updated over the last 60 years.

my biggest overall gripe is the constant union bailouts by taxpayers. You’re welcome for using my labor to keep your pensions afloat, I guess.

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman
GM builds the highly profitable Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra light-duty full-size pickups at Silao. In the most recent contract, the wages range from 184.35 pesos to a maximum of 679.53 pesos per day. In dollars, that's about $9.15 to $33.74 per day.

Where is OUR cut of the pie when purchasing from GM.

Labor is not profiting from the selling of vehicles. It's the board rooms and officers of each and every parts supplier to the Auto MFG's and the Auto MFG's board room and officers.
Sponsored