First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
The dealer can get that report till it is delivered. Doesn't matter if retail or stock. A retail order is a sold unit.

Daily22ssv
Whoever told you that at your dealership is not knowledgeable or just out right lazy.

The dealer has to pay Ford for the vehicle when they order it and you have to pay the dealer.

The truck does not belong to you, till you sign the paper work and hand them a check. They give you or the bank, if financed, the COR (certificate of origin). You need that to title the vehicle. Whoever has the COR currently owns that vehicle.
Thanks Bob! I will speak to the dealership again about it. I did write a check and signed all paperwork and Finance paperwork with Ford. The vehicle is bought. What they are telling me once ticket is pulled they can't see it anymore. I did witness my sales guy enter tracking on my vin at purchase. A few days later this tracking no longer worked I wasn't the only one this happened to. Ive been having a hard time believing onec its bought tracking vanishes. This whole thing make no sense.
They may be right then for I have never heard of this. There is still the matter of the COR, did they give that to you already?? You can't title it till you have that.

Guess I don't know as much as I thought I did. Lol
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
They may be right then for I have never heard of this. There is still the matter of the COR, did they give that to you already?? You can't title it till you have that.

Guess I don't know as much as I thought I did. Lol
I'm going to the dealership after lunch today was the day the vehicle was supposed to arrive and ask more questions. What is the COR? I do have the full contract on purchase and payment start date. Is there anything else I can ask dealer for? Like the name of tracking program? Maybe they are looking in the wrong program.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm going to the dealership after lunch today was the day the vehicle was supposed to arrive and ask more questions. What is the COR? I do have the full contract on purchase and payment start date. Is there anything else I can ask dealer for? Like the name of tracking program? Maybe they are looking in the wrong program.
@Daily22ssv

The truck does not belong to you, till you sign the paper work and hand them a check. They give you or the bank, if financed, the COR (certificate of origin). You need that to title the vehicle. Whoever has the COR currently owns that vehicle.

Order Fulfillment vehicle visibility, see below.

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 1610138067845

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
@Daily22ssv

Order Fulfillment vehicle visibility, see below.

1610138067845.png
Yes all paper work is signed check was written loan payment starts beginning of February. Just returned from dealer the vehicle visibility program still won't show any information. It did work and show all info the date I purchased it. Dealer has many 21s arrive in stock but still haven't had a platinum powerbost come in yet. Did your truck arrive yet?

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Yes all paper work is signed check was written loan payment starts beginning of February.
... and you don't have the truck yet? Please don't take this the wrong way, but man, :oops:, I would never sign anything (except maybe a nominal deposit) until the truck was at the dealership ready for me to drive home. For all you know the truck will arrive at your dealership with damage from the transit there.

Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
... and you don't have the truck yet? Please don't take this the wrong way, but man, :oops:, I would never sign anything (except maybe a nominal deposit) until the truck was at the dealership ready for me to drive home. For all you know the truck will arrive at your dealership with damage from the transit there.
Yeah I know
Yeah I know. I rolled the dice on it. The delivery has to be signed off by me I can still cancel. A lot more work to do so if that happens. Hopefully it will work out!

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just got this from the dealer this afternoon. This is my last update I can get, arrived and waiting to be truck loaded and driving the last 100 miles to the dealer. Owner called them and asked them to put a priority on my truck so maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

1610066300220.jpeg
Bob, did the fordtracker change from in transit to delivered once it hit the rail yard. My dealer seems to thing mine is at the trucking stage.

Micelda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum; 2021 BMW X3
Here’s a few initial pix, Ecoboost Platinum. Having them put a bedliner in and they have clean it up. After waiting since Sept, I wanted to take her for a spin. I was surprised at how high I sat, at least in comparison to my 2013
Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 6A3DD181-DFC1-493C-AB6C-E40EFA249BC6

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 6DEA9E30-3F2E-4864-AC69-F041E155B860

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints D7A43031-ED57-4C41-93B7-63F07E0AD8C6

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints C5E7659F-6EE1-4887-934C-D24900788231

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 89DFDDD3-1FE7-4338-B9F3-C89DD38DEFAD

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 18DC6F8E-3E82-4964-8289-A4766E41605D

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 695FB061-6C90-4502-8BAD-561253597641

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 9D596F0A-A419-40EA-B4BA-F8629300E288

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 0116AF2A-AAFB-4596-8FC5-5BA4F5F4C45C

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Here’s a few initial pix, Ecoboost Platinum. Having them put a bedliner in and they have clean it up. After waiting since Sept, I wanted to take her for a spin. I was surprised at how high I sat, at least in comparison to my 2013
Absolutely beautiful tuck dude! I know you are one happy fellow now!!!

Make sure you look it over with a fine tooth comb before you leave, check wheels and everything.

How many miles was on it??

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes all paper work is signed check was written loan payment starts beginning of February. Just returned from dealer the vehicle visibility program still won't show any information. It did work and show all info the date I purchased it. Dealer has many 21s arrive in stock but still haven't had a platinum powerbost come in yet. Did your truck arrive yet?
I don't believe they will try and screw you over. Even if they did you still have protection from that. Maybe they did it that way to protect rebate or PCO but in the future, know that is not the best way.

Last check this afternoon it had not arrived yet, it was off loaded and waiting for truck transport the last 100 miles. Will have no visibility till it rolls into the dealership now.

Crapblaster
I guess we are at the exact same stage. No, tracker won't change till it arrives at the dealer. I will be checking to see how long it takes for it to show delivered from the actual time it arrived at the dealership. I will post that here also. You should do the same and we can see if similar.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
A reminder guys, please update your info on the truck tracker as your trucks come. I know some have arrived, yet none on the tracker show received.

I know it doesn't matter to you any longer but critical for those behind you trying to see the time frames and such.

Thanks!

Micelda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum; 2021 BMW X3
Absolutely beautiful tuck dude! I know you are one happy fellow now!!!

Make sure you look it over with a fine tooth comb before you leave, check wheels and everything.

How many miles was on it??
Funny you ask how many miles were on it, I was surprised to see that there were 12.7 miles on it when I jumped in, especially since it was delivered at 9 am. We’re they putting miles on them at the factory?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Funny you ask how many miles were on it, I was surprised to see that there were 12.7 miles on it when I jumped in, especially since it was delivered at 9 am. We’re they putting miles on them at the factory?
If they have a similar process as GM, vehicles are picked at random at the final stage of assembly. ( final QC Check if you will)
(Software installs/updates, alignment, headlight aiming, power train test)
A vehicle will be singled out and taken out for spin.
10 mile ride sounds close. The Arlington TX Suburban ride was about 8 miles a few years ago.
Somewhere in the paperwork delivered with the car should show that as that inspector has to sign off as well.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bryan is right but also a lot of the early builds were sent to other storage area's for additional QC checks before shipping.

Most all had to have a some software corrections and then were sent to the rail yards for loading. This delayed my delivery a good 4 to 5 weeks.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Fordtracker shows mine delivered this morning. I will have to call and check to see if it really is.
Sponsored