First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My dealer hasn’t contacted me yet, but I’m seeing “Delivered” when I track and it shows a final delivery date of 1/5 for my Plati!!

With any luck I will drive it home tomorrow after work, kinda pissed that I found the truck being delivered with no update from my dealer. But I’ll get over that as I get to see it.
Whoop whoop, congrats Bill!!

I would be calling them and checking with them.

It always cracks me up when a dealer can't figure out how we know more than them sometimes.

Tim
He is talking about under the red lettering, it says the following items will not be scheduled this week. Lariat models and up. I had missed that too.

I'm sure it will be just for this week because they say they are cleaning up orders. They must have a lot of the lower models that got pushed back before the holidays.
Sponsored

Jaross

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 STX supercrew fx4
Hopefully this gets things moving for me because I ordered my truck back on September 3rd. and no VIN or production date.

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Patience has gotten better now but I'm just worried about something bad happening, like damage or something stupid like that. Lol

I then say, this is 2021, think positive! (y)

This is my latest update, sure hope they truck it from Atlanta and not rail it to Birmingham. I'm almost in the middle of those cities and it will add a couple more days if they go on to Bham. Dealer thinks they will off load at Atlanta.

1609885939827.jpeg
Bob, where did you pull this information from? I assume this is the train car your truck is on or car carrier?

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
Good to see production is moving along. What’s the standard ETA from placing an order with my dealer and receiving a VIN?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bob, where did you pull this information from? I assume this is the train car your truck is on or car carrier?
Yes it is. My dealer sends it to me off their Ford order status program. Every dealer can send you thins but most are too lazy. I wish we had access to it! Lol :sneaky:

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Good to see production is moving along. What’s the standard ETA from placing an order with my dealer and receiving a VIN?
As long as they have allocation about a week.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Tim
He is talking about under the red lettering, it says the following items will not be scheduled this week. Lariat models and up. I had missed that too.

I'm sure it will be just for this week because they say they are cleaning up orders. They must have a lot of the lower models that got pushed back before the holidays.
I'm reading that as the Diesel Engine on Lariat & Above will not be scheduled?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Whoop whoop, congrats Bill!!

I would be calling them and checking with them.

It always cracks me up when a dealer can't figure out how we know more than them sometimes.

Tim

I think it is just the diesel though, which is good.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thanks Bob, did you have to request it, or did they send it to you automatically? I only ask because I'm going to try to call my dealer tomorrow but I'm not sure what report to request. I hate my dealership. I'm only dealing with them because they have a truck coming in "any day now" with all the bells and whistles I want. The salesman does the whole process and he isn't too chatty with info. If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have a clue if my truck was even manufactured.
You and me both.

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When I asked my dealer a couple of weeks ago when does Ford usually pull orders I was told Tuesdays & Wednesdays with clean up on Thursdays. The only action on mine since I ordered first week of November was dealer placed order as priority code 11 and Ford changed it to priority code 2 and that is as far as it has gotten.

LedZepp81

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Platinum
You right, missed that. Looks that way for this week.

It does say the allocations will roll so those without a VIN should start seeing some serious action.
I take that as only diesel in lariat and above, gas would be fine as it’s not mentioned. I don’t know maybe I’m reading it wrong. Happy to see things rolling!

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the update. For the Canadian retail orders someone mentioned about a month(+) ago that they heard Ford front loads the US market first. I really did not want to believe it but from what I can tell there is not a single Hybrid in any Canadian dealership Inventory. Could be wrong but I can’t find one anywhere in Canada. Now that the Regional commodity is not showing any percentage, I wonder if we will start seeing some VINS for hybrids? You would think things would start soon

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Guess I am not the best to decipher these things, after looking closer I have to agree with you guys. It looks to me like no diesel option in the Lariat and up, not no Lariat and up truck models.

Wishiwas
I know your pain and been there done that.

I have to request the info, I have to remind him and he seems ok to do it but probably because I got the owner to agree to it when I ordered.

There is usually one person that does all the vehicle ordering and he is the one with the access to the status report program. Not sure the other sales people even have passwords to this program at most dealerships.

So your sales person has to ask their order guy, to run a check and send him the info to send to you. Multiply that by how many orders they have and you can see how you may not get much help in this area.

Fortunately there are sites out there that allow us to see some of the updated info, on our own, once you get a VIN.

The production info is sent to them by the regional office to help them know what options/models will be available to order for that week against their allocations.

This is my 4th truck to have ordered from them and I have kinda buddyed up to the owner, who wants to keep me happy I guess. So I have taken a little bit of advantage on the poor boy. :sneaky:

All to get this type information for the site and all us early ordering nuts. ?

Once my truck arrives I will lose that leverage and someone else will need to take the reins.

Any takers??:unsure:

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Guess I am not the best to decipher these things, after looking closer I have to agree with you guys. It looks to me like no diesel option in the Lariat and up, not no Lariat and up truck models.

Wishiwas
I know your pain and been there done that.

I have to request the info, I have to remind him and he seems ok to do it but probably because I got the owner to agree to it when I ordered.

There is usually one person that does all the vehicle ordering and he is the one with the access to the status report program. Not sure the other sales people even have passwords to this program at most dealerships.

So your sales person has to ask their order guy, to run a check and send him the info to send to you. Multiply that by how many orders they have and you can see how you may not get much help in this area.

Fortunately there are sites out there that allow us to see some of the updated info, on our own, once you get a VIN.

The production info is sent to them by the regional office to help them know what options/models will be available to order for that week against their allocations.

This is my 4th truck to have ordered from them and I have kinda buddyed up to the owner, who wants to keep me happy I guess. So I have taken a little bit of advantage on the poor boy. :sneaky:

All to get this type information for the site and all us early ordering nuts. ?

Once my truck arrives I will lose that leverage and someone else will need to take the reins.

Any takers??:unsure:
And this is why you need a good relationship with the dealer!
Sponsored