Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
So I got this from my dealer today. I have had the VIN for over a month(Ordered Oct 18
Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 2021-01-07_16-00-18
....Platinum 4x4 Antimatter Blue (no max tow). I always see it in "Order Processing" on the tracking site with no build date.

Does this mean the truck is likely to be built the week of Feb 1? AM I understanding this correctly?

Henryrlee

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F-150 platinum ordered 2004 F350 2021 plt exp
Occupation
Us army retired
So I got this from my dealer today. I have had the VIN for over a month(Ordered Oct 18
2021-01-07_16-00-18.jpg
....Platinum 4x4 Antimatter Blue (no max tow). I always see it in "Order Processing" on the tracking site with no build date.

Does this mean the truck is likely to be built the week of Feb 1? AM I understanding this correctly?
Looks like you have one coming. I ordered a platinum on Oct 1 and still nothing

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Looks like you have one coming. I ordered a platinum on Oct 1 and still nothing
Technically I ordered in August...but for some reason the dealer didn't get it in until mid-October. Just wish I would see it move out of "Order Processing"!!

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I have a Lariat 502a PowerBoost with pretty much all the options. Ordered at the end of October with a priority code of 19. Finally got a build date of Feb 1 issues today as well (still pending a VIN). Looks like a lot of builds happening that week.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
2021-01-07_16-00-18.jpg

You would be correct! Congrats!!

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Just got this from the dealer this afternoon. This is my last update I can get, arrived and waiting to be truck loaded and driving the last 100 miles to the dealer. Owner called them and asked them to put a priority on my truck so maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

Ford F-150 (Jan 7) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 1610066300220

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Patience has gotten better now but I'm just worried about something bad happening, like damage or something stupid like that. Lol

I then say, this is 2021, think positive! (y)

This is my latest update, sure hope they truck it from Atlanta and not rail it to Birmingham. I'm almost in the middle of those cities and it will add a couple more days if they go on to Bham. Dealer thinks they will off load at Atlanta.

1609885939827.jpeg
Where does one get a report like this? I wonder if my VIN would show up in it...

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Where does one get a report like this? I wonder if my VIN would show up in it...
That is the report the dealer has access to only. You can try calling and asking for report but if you purchased the vehicle like I did the report is no longer tracking in that system after the purchase order is made. This is what I'm being told by dealer. My purchase was December 21st the report at that time showed vehicle delivery between 1/8 to 1/17. We will see how accurate it is.

LIVRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, escape
Occupation
Engineer
That is the report the dealer has access to only. You can try calling and asking for report but if you purchased the vehicle like I did the report is no longer tracking in that system after the purchase order is made. This is what I'm being told by dealer. My purchase was December 21st the report at that time showed vehicle delivery between 1/8 to 1/17. We will see how accurate it is.
Did you purchase before delivery?

Sponsored

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Did you purchase before delivery?
Thanks LIVRaptor. Yes. I purchased before delivery. I hadn’t planned on it, I figured I was able to wait till it was delivered to dealership . Instead, they quickly completed the deal asap. the sale is on their 2020 books now.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks LIVRaptor. Yes. I purchased before delivery. I hadn’t planned on it, I figured I was able to wait till it was delivered to dealership . Instead, they quickly completed the deal asap. the sale is on their 2020 books now.
The dealer can get that report till it is delivered. Doesn't matter if retail or stock. A retail order is a sold unit.

Daily22ssv
Whoever told you that at your dealership is not knowledgeable or just out right lazy. If you want accurate information you need to speak with the person who actually orders the vehicles for that dealer. The salesmen are not all honest with their customers as you can imangine.

The dealer has to pay Ford for the vehicle when they order it and you have to pay the dealer.

The truck does not belong to you, till you sign the paper work and hand them a check. They give you or the bank, if financed, the COR (certificate of origin). You need that to title the vehicle. Whoever has the COR currently owns that vehicle.

Unless you purchased directly from Ford and paid them, that information is available to the dealer.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
The dealer can get that report till it is delivered. Doesn't matter if retail or stock. A retail order is a sold unit.

Daily22ssv
Whoever told you that at your dealership is not knowledgeable or just out right lazy. If you want accurate information you need to speak with the person who actually orders the vehicles for that dealer. The salesmen are not all honest with their customers as you can imangine.

The dealer has to pay Ford for the vehicle when they order it and you have to pay the dealer.

The truck does not belong to you, till you sign the paper work and hand them a check. They give you or the bank, if financed, the COR (certificate of origin). You need that to title the vehicle. Whoever has the COR currently owns that vehicle.

Unless you purchased directly from Ford and paid them, that information is available to the dealer.
Thanks Bob! I will speak to the dealership again about it. I did write a check and signed all paperwork and Finance paperwork with Ford. The vehicle is bought. What they are telling me once ticket is pulled they can't see it anymore. I did witness my sales guy enter tracking on my vin at purchase. A few days later this tracking no longer worked I wasn't the only one this happened to. Ive been having a hard time believing onec its bought tracking vanishes. This whole thing make no sense.
Sponsored