Sponsored

I'm really getting sick and tired of this..

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Does anybody know how to turn this s*** off permanently?

20231101_124646.jpg
@JJSnell

Sorry to derail this thread of people complaining about nanny mode, but I don’t see where anybody has actually answered your question.

Yes we can / have / do permanently disable this and all the other hand-holding nonsense.

We use a Windows Laptop and an OBD interface with a utility called ForScan to do it.

It is easier than you think.

When you toggle settings off in Sync 4 sometimes they will auto enable again after software updates.

Now you know.

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/forscan-14th-gen-f150s-481816/#post6669208
Sponsored

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
@JJSnell
Sorry to derail this thread of people complaining about nanny mode, but I don’t see where anybody has actually answered your question.
Yes we can / have / do permanently disable this and all the other hand-holding nonsense.
We use a Windows Laptop and an OBD interface with a utility called ForScan to do it.
It is easier than you think.
When you toggle settings off in Sync 4 sometimes they will auto enable again after software updates.
Now you know.
https://www.f150forum.com/f129/forscan-14th-gen-f150s-481816/#post6669208
Thanks Ape, you musta missed my other post. I am a licensed user of Forscan and have my cable ready to go if someone actually knows where to turn it off. I cant find it in Livinitups spreadsheet... do you know where?

Ford F-150 I'm really getting sick and tired of this.. 1699042520788

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Thanks Ape, you musta missed my other post. I am a licensed user of Forscan and have my cable ready to go if someone actually knows where to turn it off. I cant find it in Livinitups spreadsheet... do you know where?
Give this a shot to start, there are many values that deal with FCW across a few different modules, so hard to say which one or combination would disable it, and just it the easiest. Keep in mind, FCW is sort of the ground level foundation for many other features that are built on top of it, so trying to disable it might render everything above it useless as well.

This should force it to Off across the field and on the vehicle side.

706-31-01 00xx xxxx xx--

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
First of all, Livnitup's common tab only represents a mere fraction of what can be done.

Please clarify exactly what you want because disabling the chimes, disabling the behind bumper radar (FCW), disabling the front low speed bumper sensors (LSCM), and disabling the automatic braking (CMBB) are very different things that can be targeted in different ways across different modules.

Pre collision assist relies on the same radar sensors as adaptive cruise control. Do you care about using that? If you want to disable pre collision assist only, I would do a deep dive into the IPMA and IPC. I'm not convinced 706-31-01 is the only change required, but I would disable it for all profiles not just driver 1.

I would leave the menu enabled in the APIM, that way when the system is disabled you can verify that by visually acknowledging the permanently greyed out toggles in Sync 4.

Changing anything APIM related only hides the interface and won't disable it.

IPC

Changing anything IPC related, might only suppress chimes and warnings.... although driving on ice would be more fun to have a pre-charged brake booster without any warning 😅

That said,

@JJSnell

As a test, I would try this only first to see if the pre collision warning toggles in Sync 4 then default to off or become non-selectable. Sync 4 will have to be rebooted in the wrench tab with ForScan before changes become present.

Disabling it in only the IPC might be sufficient to disrupt the entire system the same way a bad orange mirror LED can deactivate the entire BLIS system.

Step 1:
IPC 720-01-02 xxxx 1x--

Step 2:
Reboot APIM

Step 3:
Record results

Last edited:

RustyL

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 - Space White
Occupation
Graphic Design
So many frustrating things with the SYNC 4 system. Back up camera freezing, system rebooting on its own to name a couple. I feel the next update needs to remove the asking me if I want to continue in a specific drive mode or not. When I restart the truck, it should just remain in the last used drive mode. If it's smart enough to ask us, it should be smart enough to leave it alone.

Sponsored

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
The posts on this thread scare me 'cause we've had our Powerboost since FEB '21 & have not had any issues like what have been written 'bout here. We've only had one involuntary update that we're aware of & hope that it stays that way. We like our hybrid just the way she is ----- thank you.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The posts on this thread scare me 'cause we've had our Powerboost since FEB '21 & have not had any issues like what have been written 'bout here. We've only had one involuntary update that we're aware of & hope that it stays that way. We like our hybrid just the way she is ----- thank you.
I personally believe there are many thousands like you. :)

Afterall, Ford has built many many thousands of Powerboost, and even here on the forum there are plenty that have had the same experience you describe.

WMcDonald

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I don't swear but I am really getting sick and tired of this s***. Every month it seems this truck makes changes on its own. I change it back and a month later it goes back to how it wants to be set up. I've had multiple posts on this happening and really it's been more for gripes but does anybody know how to turn this s*** off permanently?
I'm 53 years old. Knock on wood, I've only been in one accident in my life, and that was when a lady pulled out in front of me and no warnings or anything would have helped it. I T-Boned her and that was that.
I know how to drive cars. I don't tailgate. I can pretty much handle myself. But this truck making changes on its own is really pissing me off and I'm tired of it.

20231101_124646.jpg
Mine does the same thing... And I feel the same way about it.

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Well that's the roulette wheel of today's products. Tons of guys refuse to have sunroof cuz of a bad experience and I love em, no problems...
I've ordered 150 laptops before... All Dell, all the exact same model. Crack em open and some have Intel chips, some have Samsung chips and some no name brands.
Can pretty much guarantee our APIMs and other parts are sourced from all over the world and not the same, even if we have an "apples to apples" matching Platinum truck.
Count your Blessings.

Eighthtry

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
You are a brave man for screwing with the wheel and tire sizes. Technology does not like intervention.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I turned off the driver assists the 2nd day I got my truck and they've never turned back on, I've also done a handful of ForScan changes since then and gotten many OTA's, nothing has made them turn back on.

I hope the OP figures this out, I don't think it's normal behavior.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Yah? What's the area and code do you know?
I got ForScan and cable ready to go...
My guess is somewhere in IPMA, since that's where the line is to disable the rear brake assist, granted that's also a selectable option in the regular sync menus

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My guess is somewhere in IPMA, since that's where the line is to disable the rear brake assist, granted that's also a selectable option in the regular sync menus
Right but thats the jist of my post.
I turn it off and it comes back on. I have auto updates disabled, so I'm at a loss.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
You would hate me and my house then. 😁 I love automation.
I love automation too, I automate my house as much as I can. But it is something I want and can control, I won't allow automation to take control and decide for me.
Sponsored