Sponsored

I'm really getting sick and tired of this..

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
FWIW I have received updates when rolled out since I bought the truck last December and also replaced the battery recently and have never had to go back and set any features up to my liking since setting it all up after bringing it home. Not even so much as a radio preset.
Sponsored

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 3.0L Powerstroke
You mentioned your stereo settings also resetting sometimes. How often do you drive your truck...or....how healthy is your battery? I know for sure that those stereo settings will reset if your battery drops low enough to drain the capacitors in the PCM and then they're reset the next time you use your truck. I don't know if the collision assist is part of that system. Forscan is likely the way to defeat this though.

I haven't experienced anything in traffic yet but I love it when you're reversing out of a parking spot and it SLAMS the brakes because it saw a car driving the opposite direction across the street. Everyone looks at you like you're on crack.

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
You mentioned your stereo settings also resetting sometimes. How often do you drive your truck...or....how healthy is your battery? I know for sure that those stereo settings will reset if your battery drops low enough to drain the capacitors in the PCM and then they're reset the next time you use your truck. I don't know if the collision assist is part of that system. Forscan is likely the way to defeat this though.

I haven't experienced anything in traffic yet but I love it when you're reversing out of a parking spot and it SLAMS the brakes because it saw a car driving the opposite direction across the street. Everyone looks at you like you're on crack.
Drive the truck daily, not a million miles but a few miles daily. Truck is 17 months old and I guess the battery could be low, I would doubt it.... But Ill check...

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 3.0L Powerstroke
Drive the truck daily, not a million miles but a few miles daily. Truck is 17 months old and I guess the battery could be low, I would doubt it.... But Ill check...
That could do it. A few miles isn't enough to charge the battery and will actually pull more than you get back. A whole bunch of those trips back to back and bring the battery down. You could go for 30+ minute drives every so often or get a battery tender and keep it plugged in when not using the truck.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Here I am back to where I want to be... Again.... Nov 1st, 12:55pm
Let's see how long it lasts...
20231101_125517.jpg
Ive not had any pre collision system but my radio changes station on its own and at times turns itself off even changing bands SIRIUS/fm/am at random times

Sponsored

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That could do it. A few miles isn't enough to charge the battery and will actually pull more than you get back. A whole bunch of those trips back to back and bring the battery down. You could go for 30+ minute drives every so often or get a battery tender and keep it plugged in when not using the truck.
Three tests over the last couple hours...

(Edit and I should add I havent driven truck since coffee this morning at 7:15 or so.)

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 3.0L Powerstroke
Three tests over the last couple hours...

(Edit and I should add I havent driven truck since coffee this morning at 7:15 or so.)
Woah, I've never had a resting reading that high on mine. Then again I don't think my battery is healthy. If you take a reading tomorrow morning at the 24 hour mark it should read around 12.7v (or higher, I guess). Sounds like your battery isn't the problem though.

Over time these short trips will begin to bite you though. Check out this Youtube vid on it from FordTechMakuloco about his 2021. Very informative!

Last edited:

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
Right about now, I want my Chevy Chevette back!! :LOL::LOL:

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN, FPD, CCSO
Got to agree the nanny crap is getting old.
Last month I was off road in the desert and came to a washed out part of the road. To turn around I had to back over some sagebrush. Truck kept slamming on the brakes and wouldn't let me do it.
I finally figured out how to turn that off but what a pain.

I know it's all driven by .gov regulation but sometimes I don't like this truck much.

konoplya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
I'm in the same boat, but it saved my ass today actually. Was in deep traffic on the freeway, wasn't going that fast, but this biker split lanes and whizzed right by me, so I naturally looked at what the hell is happening, meanwhile the car in front of me went full stop and the truck alert came on and brakes applied. If it wasn't for that, I'd be in the guy's trunk.

I actually don't mind the alert, but the auto-braking I used to turn off.. and it used to stay off even after shutting the truck off and then restarting. But then I guess the software upgraded and every time I shut off the truck and restart, the auto-brake setting gets turned back on. So I got tired of turning it off every time and just left the whole thing be. I guess I'm glad I didn't have it turned off today though.

Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
to my understanding, the truck battery is the main thing that’ll hold all of your truck settings. bad battery means you’ll more likely lose your saved settings. good battery meaning you’ll more than likely have your settings saved throughout the year.

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
I'm in the same boat, but it saved my ass today actually. Was in deep traffic on the freeway, wasn't going that fast, but this biker split lanes and whizzed right by me, so I naturally looked at what the hell is happening, meanwhile the car in front of me went full stop and the truck alert came on and brakes applied. If it wasn't for that, I'd be in the guy's trunk.
Do you have the sensors in the front bumper? I do not so I get an alert (which sometimes works correctly, sometimes gets triggered by squirrels or ghosts, I swear!) but no braking, as best I can figure (at least, I haven’t tried it, lol!)

The reverse auto-brake is shut off on mine too. I have to back into a narrow side-driveway often and the ferns and bushes along the path would cause the truck to slam stop. First time it gave me a heart attack, like I had hit my house!

konoplya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Do you have the sensors in the front bumper? I do not so I get an alert (which sometimes works correctly, sometimes gets triggered by squirrels or ghosts, I swear!) but no braking, as best I can figure (at least, I haven’t tried it, lol!)

The reverse auto-brake is shut off on mine too. I have to back into a narrow side-driveway often and the ferns and bushes along the path would cause the truck to slam stop. First time it gave me a heart attack, like I had hit my house!
I don't have any sensors at the front, just the front lane keeping camera by the rearview mirror at the top. I have sensors in the back but i don't think my truck brakes for obstructions. I'll have to look, perhaps i have disabled that option. I know when the dealer gives me a loaner those things break when i back into spaces that have bushes behind. Super annoying.
Sponsored