I'm new to this... kindly school me

Indy443

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Powerboost
I'm sure all of you are far more versed in the process than I am, but you've gotta start somewhere. My '23 XLT PB with BAP was blended yesterday (12/5), leading me to believe I'm about one month out from taking delivery (optimistically). This is the first new truck I've bought from a dealer as I've traditionally gone used (I'll either trade in or private sale my '08 Tundra that I've been in for the last 6 years). I've been stashing for the last couple of years and will leave the dealer owing nothing on the PB.

I'm not versed in the warranty game but want a plan that covers about 8 years or 125K+ miles. Is the day to buy an ESP day 1 of ownership, or is that doubling up on the Ford warranty that comes with the truck? I've been looking at Flood, Zeigler and Compass for plans.

What other things should I be prepared to do on the day I pick up the truck? Do I have any leverage to request anything before leaving the lot?

Basically kindly school me on best practice based on your experiences. Thank you I'm pretty excited about this.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
My opinion is that nothing beats the Ford ESP. You can get that for $50 above cost from Granger Ford, perhaps a few other dealers. Most dealers however are going to burn your wallet up on this, so it pays to shop! And you can do it all online as well. Nothing special for getting it immediately, except then you won't let it skip your mind.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I believe that as long as you order within the fist 12 months of ownership you get the best price for your selected years/mileage combination. I would also opt for the PremiumCARE plan with a deductible that you are comfortable with.

DCBoost

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum PB (ordered)
Regarding the ESP: Feel glad you don't live in Florida. Must be a licensed Florida Ford dealer and pay the full MSRP of the plan. Sucks.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Try this site for Ford ESP too.

https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com

No matter when you get the ESP everything (time or mileage) reverts to the first day of the truck. You may look at it like overlap but the ESP is good to have from the very start if you plan on getting it anyway, and keeping the truck past normal warranty. If you sell/total the truck you can get a prorated amount back for the unused ESP so not much to lose IMHO. With the level of electronics nowadays how much is piece of mind worth.

On a plus note Ford just upped the years from 8 to 10 max so that is wonderful to me.

Good luck with your truck!

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I went with the Premium Care 7/100k.
I purchased at the time of delivery, rolled it into my loan and added $25.00+/- to my payments.

In all the new vehicles I've purchased over the years, this is the 1st time I ever got the ESP.

Mainly because of all the tech but also because of the supply chain issues. If Ford can keep the lines running by sourcing components from a supplier they usually don't use, they will. Do they really have a choice?!!

That concerns me a little. A lot less with the ESP.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the ESP but it seems like I'm getting better treatment from the Service Dept as well.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
And if you have FordPass points, the dealer you buy the ESP plan from can convert your points to $$ amount to drive down your plan price.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The only real reason to buy it on day one is that you’ll be able to roll it into the vehicle financing. Since you said that you’re paying cash for the truck, this isn’t really in the cards, so it pays to shop around to some of the other online providers.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I’m also going to get the ESP. I’m waiting to purchase it from Granger until my Ford pass points hit my account.

Sponsored

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Remember when you sell your old truck to factor in the savings in sales tax trading vs selling private. If they are within a couple thousand of your sell price might be better to let them deal with it.
Florida allows reducing sales tax from a trade anyway. I know some states don’t do that.

OP
OP

Indy443

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Powerboost
How long does it typically take for the ford pass points to register?

I’m also going to get the ESP. I’m waiting to purchase it from Granger until my Ford pass points hit my account.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
I just did today. Got the 6 yr/125k (I put a ton of miles on it) with FordPass conversion from the purchase of the truck, got the ESP for $1,785 with a $100 deductible and including the key coverage and the lighting package. Great deal.

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
How do you get Ford Pass Point? Do they start when I pay for my truck, or what?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
How do you get Ford Pass Point? Do they start when I pay for my truck, or what?
You’ll get them after you take delivery. The points usually take a few days to populate into FordPass.
Sponsored