First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I also managed to get 30 mpg from the top of the mountain down (and declare 675 miles left to empty!) and about 24 for the whole trip back. At $5.69 per gallon I’ll take any mpg I can get.

0CE79B9F-C4C8-43FA-B45E-D43AFB6AB2DC.jpeg

7B209D06-CC39-4E25-842E-7CAA4A074385.jpeg
805BD3DF-03A3-4E1D-9A7A-23E141DE0ECD.jpeg
5.70 for gas is outrageous. I remember in the 70's when it took less than 20 bucks to fill the tank in my 69 Nova and I said if it went up anymore than 20 bucks, I'd park the car and walk. Just a little side note on the evolution of the automobile --- My first car didn't have power steering, brakes, windows, locks and had no cruise control. I now own a lawn tractor that has cruise control and power steering.
Sponsored

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
We are all just Guinee pigs at this stage. Some day this technology will be used against us. Our vehicles will be programed to only allow us to the vehicle for specific reasons and destinations. Once we go all electric, the amount of electricity for vehicles we get will be metered and allotted. We clearly don't and won't have the capability to power a society of all electric vehicles (at our current population). Years from now we will look back at the freedoms we once had.
Wow, wonder what they said when Edison invented the light bulb and said this would replace candles and torches for everyone in the world. Or electric heating.... or Air Conditioning or...

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
This is from the manual. Does the last sentence mean people who have had lasik surgery?? Surely not.

1. ACTIVE DRIVE ASSIST LIMITATIONS
    Any of the following conditions could result in active drive assist not operating correctly:
    • Your vehicle is not centered in the lane.
    • The lane is too narrow or too wide.
    • The system does not detect at least one lane marking or when lanes merge or split.
    • Limited steering torque input is applied.
    • Using the system in areas under construction.
    • When modifications to the steering system have been made.
    • When using a spare tire.
    • If you have a pre-existing eye condition, such as an eye misalignment, or have had eye surgery.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have used the Adaptive cruise and Lane Keeping assist for about 6 months now. And I find it to work at 80mph just fine, on the interstate.
Obviously at higher speeds I increase the buffer for distance and although it invites other vehicles to fill that space, it feels like the truck is less panicked that the new vehicle has impeded the buffer. If you have the shorter buffer engaged the truck is a little too dramatic with its response, in my opinion.
I recently took a Hertz rental Genesis G80 on a 3000 mile interstate round trip. It was equipped with exactly the same technology but I have to admit it was more polished in many ways. The good news is that it showed me just how GOOD this technology can perform. I suspect it is software, not hardware, that differentiates the 2 experiences. If so, that implies that Ford can continue to improve the existing truck as time goes forward?

FXDR131

First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT SC Sport - On Order - 2022 Lariat SC 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
Wow, wonder what they said when Edison invented the light bulb and said this would replace candles and torches for everyone in the world. Or electric heating.... or Air Conditioning or...
Instead of writing an inane reply to my comment, please tell me where my comments may not be a possibility.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They are a possibility. But dang if they aren't pessimistic. ??
I'm going to enjoy modern technology and conveniences of life, regardless of the potential that I am powerless to stop.

I'm the ostrich with his head in the sand. Lol

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
This is from the manual. Does the last sentence mean people who have had lasik surgery?? Surely not.

1. ACTIVE DRIVE ASSIST LIMITATIONS
    Any of the following conditions could result in active drive assist not operating correctly:
    • Your vehicle is not centered in the lane.
    • The lane is too narrow or too wide.
    • The system does not detect at least one lane marking or when lanes merge or split.
    • Limited steering torque input is applied.
    • Using the system in areas under construction.
    • When modifications to the steering system have been made.
    • When using a spare tire.
    • If you have a pre-existing eye condition, such as an eye misalignment, or have had eye surgery.
Not LASIK. Some condition the eye tracking cameras can’t figure out, like an eye patch, bandage, or Steve Buscemi in Mr Deeds
Ford F-150 Hands Free Experience 6EBCE5F7-2773-492E-8739-A5615D717858

Last edited:

Doggydoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Not LASIK. Some condition the eye tracking cameras can’t figure out, like an eye patch, bandage, or Steve Buscemi in Mr Deeds
6EBCE5F7-2773-492E-8739-A5615D717858.png
Thanks for the laugh! ?

Does anyone know if the sensor on the pillar on the left hand side is the only sensor that tracks your eyes? I am wondering if there are 2 of them instead of just 1.

While driving from Salem to Portland the other day, I paced my beanie on top of the sensor for really long time more than a minute and it didn’t complain for me to keep eye on the road, granted I was still looking forwar. I then tried looking away for a few seconds and it complained within a couple seconds while the beanie was still covering it. I looked forward and the warning stopped.

so that made me wonder if there is Another sensor somewhere.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I have used the Adaptive cruise and Lane Keeping assist for about 6 months now. And I find it to work at 80mph just fine, on the interstate.
Obviously at higher speeds I increase the buffer for distance and although it invites other vehicles to fill that space, it feels like the truck is less panicked that the new vehicle has impeded the buffer. If you have the shorter buffer engaged the truck is a little too dramatic with its response, in my opinion.
I recently took a Hertz rental Genesis G80 on a 3000 mile interstate round trip. It was equipped with exactly the same technology but I have to admit it was more polished in many ways. The good news is that it showed me just how GOOD this technology can perform. I suspect it is software, not hardware, that differentiates the 2 experiences. If so, that implies that Ford can continue to improve the existing truck as time goes forward?
I have a Genesis G70 and I love the lane keep assist and centering on it. You don't even have to do anything to engage it other than keep it on. No issues with my hand being detected on the wheel either. That's the main thing I want Ford to improve on.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Doggydoug I believe you will find a second sensor just above the 12" Sync screen. Next to the row of feature buttons.

@Itsjustmd ,I could go much longer on the G80 without any input from my hands to the steering, compared to the truck, but it still gave an alert to keep my hands on the wheel. It's a subtle alert with a golden circular light around the speedometer.
Admittedly the effort to nix the alert was just the tiniest nudge, compared to the effort my F150 requires. I really really enjoyed the Genesis. I chose it over a Land Rover and BMW based on sitting in all 3 and concluding the Genesis was more comfortable. Great car.

Sponsored

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Instead of writing an inane reply to my comment, please tell me where my comments may not be a possibility.
I'm "inane" yet you need me to point out what YOU wrote....?

Ok:

" We clearly don't and won't have the capability to power a society of all electric vehicles (at our current population). Years from now we will look back at the freedoms we once had. "

My point was I am sure some people thought Edison was ridiculous when talking about replacing EVERY candle/torch in the world with an Electric Lightbulb. Obviously completely ridiculous as we clearly won't have the capability to power a society of all electric lights....

FXDR131

First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT SC Sport - On Order - 2022 Lariat SC 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm "inane" yet you need me to point out what YOU wrote....?

Ok:

" We clearly don't and won't have the capability to power a society of all electric vehicles (at our current population). Years from now we will look back at the freedoms we once had. "

My point was I am sure some people thought Edison was ridiculous when talking about replacing EVERY candle/torch in the world with an Electric Lightbulb. Obviously completely ridiculous as we clearly won't have the capability to power a society of all electric lights....
I never stated you are inane, only your comment...and I don't need you to do anything. I still stand behind my OP and you are welcome to have a different opinion. I'd be happy to read about why you disagree. Respectfully, I still believe your comment was inane and cursory.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I didn’t know you can set the distance anywhere. I’ll have to look into that. I also just noticed that you have to press the resume button from a stand still to get it going again. It seems just a brief 0 mph would auto resume. (To correct my earlier observation)
It depends on the type of road you're on as to whether it'll auto-resume or not. If it thinks you're on a divided highway (Must be based on GPS map data) it will Auto-Resume from a stop, it'll even say it once you come to a complete stop after a few seconds. If it doesn't think you're on a divided highway it'll give you 3 seconds of being stopped before requiring you to either hit the resume button or the gas pedal to resume, in those cases it'll say "Stopped" on the screen.

You set the distance to maintain with the button on the left of the steering wheel that has the car with the lines in front of it. There are 4 settings available. They're speed-sensitive, so the furthest distance with 4 "blocks" will be further back when doing 75mph than it is when doing 30mph.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Thanks for the laugh! ?

Does anyone know if the sensor on the pillar on the left hand side is the only sensor that tracks your eyes? I am wondering if there are 2 of them instead of just 1.

While driving from Salem to Portland the other day, I paced my beanie on top of the sensor for really long time more than a minute and it didn’t complain for me to keep eye on the road, granted I was still looking forwar. I then tried looking away for a few seconds and it complained within a couple seconds while the beanie was still covering it. I looked forward and the warning stopped.

there is a second sensor in the dash above the center screen.

Plattypuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Rapid red
Thanks for the laugh! ?

There is an IR sensor in the pillar and one in the top right of the screen area. There is also a traditional camera in the top left of the screen area.
Sponsored