Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90 T5 22 Ford Lightning 23 Subaru Outbac
next, the driver in the back seat
Don’t laugh . . . . A Tesla driver actually did that in California. It did not end well and he was fitted for some silver bracelets.
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Am I the only one that gets nervous at how casual he's being trusting the Co Pilot to pass a semi and a concrete barrier at 78 MPH? I don't trust any machine/sensor 100% in that specific scenario...anything can fail and there's a number of ways something can spoof the sensors...and the potential accident at that speed would be no joke...
Well he could also have a really hard sneeze and hit the wall with no aids active. Life is a risk, just be safe. It won't be long when are children say how dangerous "dumb" cruise control is, they'll be like, "are you serious, your cruise control didn't maintain distance automatically?your car would just smash into the car in front of it on the highway? That was really unsafe!

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Well he could also have a really hard sneeze and hit the wall with no aids active. Life is a risk, just be safe. It won't be long when are children say how dangerous "dumb" cruise control is, they'll be like, "are you serious, your cruise control didn't maintain distance automatically?your car would just smash into the car in front of it on the highway? That was really unsafe!
Yeah ok, I don't think I'm going to be subscribing to your profound observations to justify some dude risking his and other driver's lives on the highway by hanging a bean bag on his steering wheel to trick a piece of early release software (that itself relies on mass produced, relatively cheap Chinese made sensors) to not bother him to pay attention to the road.

Also, I don't think "the children" are going to think how dangerous "dumb" cruise control is, I think they will recognize what's dumb is the person using it incorrectly.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Yeah ok, I don't think I'm going to be subscribing to your profound observations to justify some dude risking his and other driver's lives on the highway by hanging a bean bag on his steering wheel to trick a piece of early release software (that itself relies on mass produced, relatively cheap Chinese made sensors) to not bother him to pay attention to the road.

Also, I don't think "the children" are going to think how dangerous "dumb" cruise control is, I think they will recognize what's dumb is the person using it incorrectly.
Well filming it and posting certainly opens him up to public ridicule, so I'll give you that.
Sponsored