Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
This only makes 1400hp with its 3 cylinder

1692305364216.png

And this little ecoboost is only 800hp

1692305438546.png

https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/mk-iv/

If ford gets serious about the PHEV powerboost, even in a "R" trim, it'd be 700HP factory vehicle if but only 2.7L in size on 87 pump gas. Performance and comfort are king for something that's not a garage queen. That's easily attainable today. I care about mileage not because of gov't funded propaganda, but for the raw truth. Fossil fuels have been the #1 unofficial reason for war for most of the living's lives. If I'm going to use such a fuel supporting people that truly despise the populace as a whole, I'd like to use as little of it as possible, preferably none at all. We've got troops in syria still to this day guarding oil wells and refineries, wiping out syria's own troops that come and try to regain control over it. We're not even at war w/ syria, so yeah, I take such things into consideration.

I mean if you've got your own well and the ability to refine it, guzzle that gas! Otherwise you can get some panels and a performance EV and create your own go-fast electrons at home.
I think you put far too much thought into what others do with their money. Flat out, your beliefs have nothing to do with my desire to own a V8. I’m an American guy who has grown up with American performance in boats and cars. Ford and GM love their V8’s, and I love ‘em too ;). Can’t wait to see the 5.0 tear up Le-Man’s next year

Ford F-150 From the 3.5 to the 5.0 IMG_4911
Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
This only makes 1400hp with its 3 cylinder

1692305364216.png

And this little ecoboost is only 800hp

1692305438546.png

https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/mk-iv/

If ford gets serious about the PHEV powerboost, even in a "R" trim, it'd be 700HP factory vehicle if but only 2.7L in size on 87 pump gas. Performance and comfort are king for something that's not a garage queen. That's easily attainable today. I care about mileage not because of gov't funded propaganda, but for the raw truth. Fossil fuels have been the #1 unofficial reason for war for most of the living's lives. If I'm going to use such a fuel supporting people that truly despise the populace as a whole, I'd like to use as little of it as possible, preferably none at all. We've got troops in syria still to this day guarding oil wells and refineries, wiping out syria's own troops that come and try to regain control over it. We're not even at war w/ syria, so yeah, I take such things into consideration.

I mean if you've got your own well and the ability to refine it, guzzle that gas! Otherwise you can get some panels and a performance EV and create your own go-fast electrons at home.
Don't t forget where and how they get the materials for batteries though. Im not one of those "anti-ev" types, but im also not gonna ignore the human and environmental toll the mining creates

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
Yeah I got the 5.0 with the intention of forced induction. I just can't get over how the v6s sound in comparison. Not my cup of tea. But very impressive engines when tuned & pretty good gas mileage

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I think you put far too much thought into what others do with their money. Flat out, your beliefs have nothing to do with my desire to own a V8. I’m an American guy who has grown up with American performance in boats and cars. Ford and GM love their V8’s, and I love ‘em too ;). Can’t wait to see the 5.0 tear up Le-Man’s next year
I don't care what folks do with their $$. I have my preferences born of experience. Some don't know what they don't know and that's not something I hold against one. I've had all levels of performance vehicles and I just don't miss loud blown engines for going about day to day stuff. I certainly wouldn't go with such a combo for a DD or a road tripper. I'm someone that can cover 1000 miles in a day and when you do that enough times the little stuff starts to add up. The geo political components are just that -- another component to factor in.

EVs aren't really environmentally friendly sans the newest ones with the doped LFP batts. Those things will be running 300-400k miles before needing a batt replaced. While I may get sucked into a powerboost done right, I'd pay the little bit of weight penalty for a LMFP battery. That thing would end up being a 300-400k mile truck if the ICE was used appropriately -- a keeper for-sure (mileage estimates are for major overhauls)

Don't t forget where and how they get the materials for batteries though. Im not one of those "anti-ev" types, but im also not gonna ignore the human and environmental toll the mining creates
That's one of my favorite parts! I'm in the pro CO2 camp -- we can't have enough of it and the vehicle construction uses quite a bit of energy. The batteries using cobalt help keep children employed in africa, but that's found more in EU made EVs.

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I love my 5.0L. Coupled with a Whipple...it's pretty nasty. Nothing wild than a half ton truck on mud tires doing 0-60 in 3.x sec....lol.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I don't care what folks do with their $$. I have my preferences born of experience. Some don't know what they don't know and that's not something I hold against one. I've had all levels of performance vehicles and I just don't miss loud blown engines for going about day to day stuff. I certainly wouldn't go with such a combo for a DD or a road tripper. I'm someone that can cover 1000 miles in a day and when you do that enough times the little stuff starts to add up. The geo political components are just that -- another component to factor in.

EVs aren't really environmentally friendly sans the newest ones with the doped LFP batts. Those things will be running 300-400k miles before needing a batt replaced. While I may get sucked into a powerboost done right, I'd pay the little bit of weight penalty for a LMFP battery. That thing would end up being a 300-400k mile truck if the ICE was used appropriately -- a keeper for-sure (mileage estimates are for major overhauls)

That's one of my favorite parts! I'm in the pro CO2 camp -- we can't have enough of it and the vehicle construction uses quite a bit of energy. The batteries using cobalt help keep children employed in africa, but that's found more in EU made EVs.
Whats the emissions from CO2, water?
I dont know ow anything about CO2, including how we go about getting it.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
At least the 5.0 noise is genuine and not a recording as on the 3.5....

That snark said (sorry couldn't resist), my 5.0/3.31 is plenty quick enough. Those moments when I really open it up, its dang quick in my book.

Plus, its actually really agile for something with so much bulk.
I don't think that applies to the 2021 trucks. My 3.5 doesn't make any noises, it's just quiet all the time. If the window is down I can hear a little bit of the turbo noise, especially that third to half throttle.

5.0 is great too.

I will say neither of them handles very well. They're comfortable and ride nice, but they don't handle well. The GM trucks handle much better but they don't ride as nicely

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whats the emissions from CO2, water?
I dont know ow anything about CO2, including how we go about getting it.
CO2 is a byproduct of cement usage and hydrocarbon burning for the most part. It's required for life on this planet. The more CO2 you feed plants, the less water they release during photosynthesis. By simply tripling man's CO2 contribution to the atmosphere, crop yields would increase by at least 40% and the amount of water most vegetation requires would halve resulting in less atmospheric water vapor while increasing the amount that eventually makes its way into underground aquifers.

Due to conflicting evidence in the fossil record, the "anthropogenic global warming" moniker surrounding man's CO2 contributions has been changed to "climate change", or "man made climate change". It's a highly-variable bar that moves to suit whatever the grifter citing it wants it mean.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
I'll stick to not dragging the extra two doors around with the 3.73 gears and not worry about the top end because the governor shuts it down at 106mph anyway.

It makes me reminisce about my old 2003 lightning. I miss that truck... This one has more horsepower but it still lacks the torque. Unless or until I loosen up my wallet and get a supercharger kit......

Sponsored

EcoOrBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 PB 4x4 Lariat 502A BAP
I have never driven a 5.0 at sea level. It must be a much different experience. I live at 4500 feet and my 2017 2.7 EB did a much better job towing my 3500 lb boat up over 7000 feet than a 2020 5.0 I had. Would like to try a 5.0 in some dense air, but until then it’s forced induction for the win in my area.

nrmedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost 302A; 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro
I’ll keep my 430/570 Powerboost, 5 No…

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman
CO2 is a byproduct of cement usage and hydrocarbon burning for the most part. It's required for life on this planet. The more CO2 you feed plants, the less water they release during photosynthesis. By simply tripling man's CO2 contribution to the atmosphere, crop yields would increase by at least 40% and the amount of water most vegetation requires would halve resulting in less atmospheric water vapor while increasing the amount that eventually makes its way into underground aquifers.

Due to conflicting evidence in the fossil record, the "anthropogenic global warming" moniker surrounding man's CO2 contributions has been changed to "climate change", or "man made climate change". It's a highly-variable bar that moves to suit whatever the grifter citing it wants it mean.
Is it CO2 or planet tilt that is the issue???

Mother Nature has not keep up to replenish the water we have already pumped from the ground.
https://news.yahoo.com/humans-pumped-much-groundwater-earth-090500259.html

Mother Nature has just started to do just that with last winters snowfalls that have not all melted in the California and western mountians mountains. Now Hilary ( the Hurricane) is heading directly for California and the drought ridden areas.

Mother Natures damage control has started and we are now able to watch first hand and learn from Mother Nature herself.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Human beings are not relevant creatures. You guys give us far too much credit. We will be extinguished as every species who came before us did. Live it up and have fun. Only one way out of this ride. There is no mars expansion, no living in outer space, no super futuristic sci-fi. A change event will come upon this planet and extinguish us. Climate change does not matter in the grand scheme of time. Sure some will be displaced in the process.

The only way to stop climate change is for everyone to stop consumerism and live in the woods with no houses, cars, water heaters, etc etc. EV’s, housing, transportation, manufacturing will all continue to leave a carbon footprint. Anyone who denies that is living a pipe dream.

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Human beings are not relevant creatures. You guys give us far too much credit.

The only way to stop climate change is for everyone to stop consumerism and live in the woods with no houses, cars, water heaters, etc etc. EV’s, housing, transportation, manufacturing will all continue to leave a carbon footprint. Anyone who denies that is living a pipe dream.
A bit contradictory. We're along for the ride on this rock. Sensationalism sells, and the media will spin things up quite nicely. Scientists justifying their existence continue to spew out nonsense predictions whose accuracy is below that of a coin flip. That's what bad models do. Grants aren't given when the narrative is that we're truly afloat on this ball floating through a highly unfriendly environment to life with virtually zero ability to change the climate here. CO2 is inconsequential outside of the fact that life almost stopped in the last ice age because it almost dipped below what plants need.

Any scientists pointing out that sea level was 400' lower just 11k years ago are ignored, as are those who present the energy data required to melt the 1.5 mile thick ice over the northern hemisphere. As that ice melted, it happened at the same time that half of all large megafauna in north america disappeared. Modern climate science combined with the "gate kept" narratives of the last 12k years is one giant circle jerk fed by govts to find a reason to control and tax.

I can't wait for the Ai singularity to occur and the first thing it says "my God you people are morons". Granted if you just read the IPCC reports and predictions you'd already be saying that too. Climate does what it does, the only difference is we've substantially increased the population and put them in the way of naturally occurring events while also creating dams and interfering with natures way of cleansing the forests because people are in them. The people building dams and moving into fire prone forests won't take blame, no, it's "MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE".

Take los angeles for instance -- that place has never been habitable for large populations. SoCal is a desert. Yes life is hard in deserts. For the record, deserts are relatively new on this planet. The SW US is full of dry lake beds that make for great military bases. -- The best thing for the humans on this planet is to triple all previous man-made CO2 output and start planting the deserts. Burn all fossil fuels to advance technology, let life (including humans) flourish. High energy prices stifles innovation and makes life hard requiring more time from humans just to live (people are easier to control under such circumstances however). Build nuclear plants everywhere, ones designed for very long life that can transition over to fusion when we finally crack it. China and india are taking as much of all forms of energy that they can, building new coal plants, etc... They're not participating in this nonsense WEF scheme, they're signing on to such things so the morons in the west cripple themselves with nonsense regulation while they continue to advance themselves.

I follow weapons development as a bit of a hobby. The MIC has played this game forward and has already made new nuclear weapons that are currently already deployed on the SSBNs. We've got a couple missiles on each ship outfitted with up to 12 warheads each of some really tiny yield warheads -- roughly 5kt. What is a small nuke good for? Wiping out man-made island bases in the south of china sea with virtually no collateral damage after being launched from 8000 miles away. Think on that one for a second -- there's doctrine in place right now that believes those islands can be nuked without wide-spread nuclear war, else there's no reason to shrink them worrying about collateral damage. In the short term however, we get to deal with another round of face diapers, there's an election to fortify and the globalists don't want to take chances.
Sponsored