Sponsored

Is there a way to keep the look of the dash from different driving modes?

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Is it possible to keep the style/colours of the dash from a driving mode? I really like the way it looks in sport (white and red) or tow haul (green and yellow), but in normal driving mode?

OP
OP

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Too bad. The look in other modes is way nicer imo.

Airforcetxn

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Powerboost. Reservation on Lightning.
Occupation
Stupid Computer Tricks
I have noticed that if I go to sport mode, it will go back to normal driving mode on next restart, BUT it stays in 4x4 Auto which is kind of annoying.

PowerboostedF150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2011 explorer ltd
Occupation
Knowledge Manager, use PB as my office.
It’s amazing to me that manufacturers offer all these features, options, and focus a lot on the interior materials…but the capabilities of the user interface to be customized to suit the ‘customer’ seem to be overlooked. It does seem to be getting better, but the core ability to set used defined defaults should be a key component. One example, engine start-stop… except for the chip shortage, previously it would take an aftermarket alteration to disable that behaviour. Drive modes (and a custom one) should default to last mode used until you change it, not ask to go back to the mode, or default to a predefined mode.

As more connected features become future monetized, a custom user interface will be key to retaining customers in this space. Enter the metaverse and our online avatars will be driving our digital NFT versions of our 3d wheels, and likely entering/engaging with businesses as we go.

One feature the new Tundra hybrid has ….wait for it… battery level!!!! Who would have thought that the single most understood aspect of the past twenty years would be for those little battery level bars on every battery operated screen ever made…has failed to make the cut in any screen, or any sequence of buttons known to man .. to show up on the PB!

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Yeah, I kind of like how you can manually keep a different speedometer option in my wife's 22 Tucson. On the downside, I don't like any of them on hers. lol

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
The new GMC digital clusters offer four different appearance options independent of drive mode, and each of the four options is individually customizable. Source...my dad's new 2022 Denali Ultimate.
Sponsored