Forscan help-rear view camera at speed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
I did the cameras at speed mod.
Now i cannot turn the rear camera on when moving under 10~ km/hr. It does turn on when travelling over 10~ km/hr but only on the hitch view. Rear view camera works asit should when truck is put into reverse.
I have an early 2021 build and used the values on livinitups forscan spreadsheet.
Does anyone have any info to help me?
Has anyone done this to make it work on an early 2021 build?

I have done quite a few forscan mods on my truck with adding lariat tail lights, bambi, bright led drl, seat belts etc with no issue. Any help woud be great appreciated!!!
Sponsored

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
Just tried my first Forscan mods yesterday, and can confirm the same as you with the camera. I only get the hitch view at speed. Would be nice if it was the rear view instead.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Not sure what Sync level/OTA level you guys are at. I did the camera at speed mod shown in the Forscan sheet most of us work from. Worked great.. for a while.

When I recently did a 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 OTA equivalent update using FDRS my cameras at speed went away and I had similar problems to what you are now seeing. I fixed with this mod and I now note the date I made the change as well as what the previous values were.

Enable Cameras at speed after 3.5.3 FS CarPlay2022-11-4APIM7D0-01-02Axxxxxxxxx

Good luck.

OP
OP
302alongboxmaxtow
First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
I reached out to livnitup about this and he(im assuming its a he 😬) was really quick to respond and tell me i needed to do an APIM module update at dealer. I havent done that yet but am planning on getting it in there!

OP
OP
302alongboxmaxtow
First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Not sure what Sync level/OTA level you guys are at. I did the camera at speed mod shown in the Forscan sheet most of us work from. Worked great.. for a while.

When I recently did a 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 OTA equivalent update using FDRS my cameras at speed went away and I had similar problems to what you are now seeing. I fixed with this mod and I now note the date I made the change as well as what the previous values were.

Enable Cameras at speed after 3.5.3 FS CarPlay2022-11-4APIM7D0-01-02Axxxxxxxxx

Good luck.
thats awesome man thanks a lot! i might have to look at that! So are you just saying you changed first character to an “A” ?

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
I'm definitely not at 3.5.2 yet. Also noticed today like you, that I can't turn my camera on manually anymore while rolling slowly forward, which was nice when pulling through a parking spot. I think I'm just going to revert back to stock settings for now. This was just a nice to have thing for me, so I'm not too worried about not having it.
Sponsored