Sponsored

forscan – solving problems … your favorite remedies? is there a DIY for Forscan and the F-150 Hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I just used forscan to reset the transmission and that was a success.
Now I'm looking for other forscan "remedies"
I had a bit of a search around forscan.com and here, but I'm wondering if someone has already compiled the "DIY" for the F-150 Hybrid and Forscan.

1) "add digital values to idiot gauges" for example.
2) disable the "double honk" when closing a door with the engine running.
3) disable the woodle-oo chime (sorry) when opening the door with the transmission engaged.
4) I'd REALLY love to silence the derp-derp back-up pedestrian safety noise … at least in 4L off-road.
5) set Sport mode to remain in 2WD
6) have the front camera remain on in D (above whatever the speed limit is imposed by default)
7) have the front camera come on when shifting from R to D
Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Visit the 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet forum and use Livinitup's spreadsheet to accomplish 1 & 2, which many of us have done.

4 - 7 are not possible yet with Forscan.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Can it do the walk away auto lock?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Many people want a way to stay in the drive mode last selected, I would be interested, especially since I am pretty sure Eco Mode does have an effect in my truck at least. It's a real drag to switch it on every start-up and the "stay in drive mode?" prompt interferes with the parking brake prompt and often needs three pushes to confirm, not to mention that I would rather be paying attention to my surroundings rather than the dashboard.

I would also like to set my speed limit warning at 10+, since where I live, the 6+ maximum is useless.

The recirculate function on the AC cancels itself at random times and it's infuriating! I find myself checking to make sure it's still on if I pass road construction, someplace dusty or merging onto the highway. It's just another annoying distraction and recirculate stays on in every single other make other than Ford.

OP
OP
F-150 Prius

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Many people want a way to stay in the drive mode last selected, I would be interested, especially since I am pretty sure Eco Mode does have an effect in my truck at least. It's a real drag to switch it on every start-up and the "stay in drive mode?" prompt interferes with the parking brake prompt and often needs three pushes to confirm, not to mention that I would rather be paying attention to my surroundings rather than the dashboard.

I would also like to set my speed limit warning at 10+, since where I live, the 6+ maximum is useless.

The recirculate function on the AC cancels itself at random times and it's infuriating! I find myself checking to make sure it's still on if I pass road construction, someplace dusty or merging onto the highway. It's just another annoying distraction and recirculate stays on in every single other make other than Ford.
The number of times you have to press the ok button can be a bit of joke … "driver's door open" … yup, that's how I got in and pressed the start button … "tailgate ajar" … yep, I'm loading things in the box, just starting the engine … and when you're driving, the touchscreen shows the "wireless charging" message that covers up the nav or "USB not connected" … I guess they will sort these out in later software updates, small stuff.

But I agree the recirc just turns off … and I notice it once I'm smelling the diesel or the city pollution … thanks. FWIW, in Mercedes and Porsche they have some European design rule that says the cabin air must "refresh" every so often to avoid the cabin filling with stale air and resulting in a drowsy driver (I guess.) I'd also like a "blast it" mode for the fan speed … level "7" is still pretty timid when trying to combat 110ªF … I want the maximum noise fighter jet afterburner level noise if it will just get the air moving through the cabin.

OP
OP
F-150 Prius

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms