2021 hybrid transmission problems?

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
My experience with a 06 Escape Hybrid and the 21 PB Hybrid is that if you're on the battery and floor the gas pedal the system takes a couple of seconds to respond. 1st it kicks the electric motor up, then recognizes that the engine must be started and starts it, then accelerates the engine. This just takes a couple of seconds for the system to recognize the call for power and respond. What I learned on the Escape Hyrbid is to kick in the engine, by selecting "Defrost," if I thought I might need quick power entering traffic. I'm learning how to do that on my PB.
Sponsored

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
My experience with a 06 Escape Hybrid and the 21 PB Hybrid is that if you're on the battery and floor the gas pedal the system takes a couple of seconds to respond. 1st it kicks the electric motor up, then recognizes that the engine must be started and starts it, then accelerates the engine. This just takes a couple of seconds for the system to recognize the call for power and respond. What I learned on the Escape Hyrbid is to kick in the engine, by selecting "Defrost," if I thought I might need quick power entering traffic. I'm learning how to do that on my PB.
You can also put it in sport or tow mode to keep the engine running.

Sharpknife52

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I got my truck in Feb. and haven’t driven it much…just over 3000 miles.
The tranny shifts very hard.
When flooring from a dead stop, the truck hesitated for 3sec before it decided to go. This has happened twice now. I would be dead if this happens when crashing a busy hiway.!

I am making a list of stuff I need fixed before I take it in for 1st service.

Sharpknife52

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I have a 2021 F150 Hybrid and have experienced similar hesitation on trying to accelerate from a stop. After several occurrences I happened to notice the transmission indicated 8
gear . I have even tried shifting into park, transmission shifts to 1but as soon as I accelerate shifts back to 8 , then with a little speed downshifts hard into 3.
Just went to dealer not scheduled for weeks.
Ford F-150 2021 hybrid transmission problems? IMG_2004(1).PNG

Sponsored

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
I have a 2021 F150 Hybrid and have experienced similar hesitation on trying to accelerate from a stop. After several occurrences I happened to notice the transmission indicated 8
gear . I have even tried shifting into park, transmission shifts to 1but as soon as I accelerate shifts back to 8 , then with a little speed downshifts hard into 3.
IMG_2004(1).PNG
Mine is doing the same thing. Let us know if it gets fixed!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
IMG_2004(1).PNG
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
Took my 22 Limited PB in today for that exact problem. With under 4k miles they gave it back to me this afternoon, saying they have to contact Ford to get the ok, and they have to replace the tranny!

Apparently, the computer gave a code saying to replace it. So another trip once they get the ok, then order it, once they have it they will contact me with the next service date.

Ugg......

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Truck started to act up again in regards to electric to ice transition. This is the second time I've had to deal with this. Seems to be a lot worse now then the first time. Rough transition from electric to ice is so bad the truck feels like it going to fall apart. Worse part of this is I have a funeral to go to tomorrow in the city, hope this dam thing keeps it together. Going to my nephews funeral is bad as it is don't want to worry about being stranded during the drive from church to the cemetery. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored