Is there a "dog mode" when away?

jeepin95

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502A
We are getting a PB when we find the right one but I was wondering if there is a "dog mode" feature like on some EVs. Where you can leave the climate control running without the truck running, and the display shows that the air is running and current indoor temperature in case you needed to leave a pet for a short time. I realize the engine would start from time to time for charging the battery, but it wouldn't be constant and wouldn't be deliverable.
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
It pretty much does that if you start it and just sit there. I do it all the time working in my truck on job sites.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
we leave the truck “running” and lock the door using the keypad. Truck stays cool and cycles the engine for 60 seconds every 30 minutes or so. There isn’t a notification on the dash, but we haven’t had any issues yet of someone trying to be a hero.

Last edited:

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Maybe put up a note somewhere noting “Climate Control ON - Dog is OK” In a window, over sync screen, etc. in case someone gets curious.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my dog would most likely sit in drivers seat and watch the people and maybe figure out how to change radio stations. she is a ham

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
If you ever leave the dogs in the truck with it off (i.e. windows cracked for a bit on a nice day), make sure to turn off the interior motion sensors on the alarm (there is a separate setting for this). They work very well...haha.

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
If you ever leave the dogs in the truck with it off (i.e. windows cracked for a bit on a nice day), make sure to turn off the interior motion sensors on the alarm (there is a separate setting for this). They work very well...haha.
I have this disabled permanently for this very reason because the dogs are often with me and I literally forget to turn it off every time.. 😂

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Generator mode will keep the climate control running and screen on unless you turn them off. As mentioned previously, lock the vehicle with the door keypad. The vehicle will run the engine to charge the batteries as needed. The 21 models have the temp displayed on the adjustment nobs, the 22 put it on the screen

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Just note that if you are in park, won't it ask you to keep the truck running if it idles more than 30 minutes? There is a setting to change this though (can't remember if it's forscan or in sync).

Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Just note that if you are in park, won't it ask you to keep the truck running if it idles more than 30 minutes? There is a setting to change this though (can't remember if it's forscan or in sync).
The 30 minute limit is disabled by Generator Mode.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
The 30 minute limit is disabled by Generator Mode.
true, but there is another way to remove that without going into Generator Mode.

I just checked, it's in forscan you have to do it:

Ford F-150 Is there a "dog mode" when away? 1652299431697

edit: and sorry, I just noticed that someone mentioned Generator mode above as well.

lawduck1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost XLT on order
If you are in generator mode and someone breaks a window to get in, can they put it in drive and steal the truck, or do you need the key or door code to do so?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
If you are in generator mode and someone breaks a window to get in, can they put it in drive and steal the truck, or do you need the key or door code to do so?
You have to have the key fob in the truck to put it into gear (assuming you have push to start and not a keyed ignition. Not sure of the f150s still have models that have keyed ignitions or not)