Sponsored

Ford Power Up Wiki facing possible deletion.

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2020 Explorer ST
OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Walk away.
You've made a fair attempt with the necessary integrity. If it's not enough, just step away.

This forum is a wonderful place to host the Forum Version of what that Wiki was hosting.

We're all fortunate to have access to all the information provided here by so many generous contributors.

Or put another way "We don't need no stinkin Wiki"? 😁
I agree 100%. I just don't like losing.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I agree 100%. I just don't like losing.
Losing is subjective. I'm just saying.

I think what you are describing is more "I just don't like not being able to impose my will on my adversary"

Not the same thing. Lol

(please don't be offended by my wording. It comes from raising a bunch of kids. At some point I realized I wasn't LOSING the debate with an offspring, rather I was simply no longer capable of imposing my will. It's inevitable. 🙄🤣)

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
2021 F150 Power up Updates

i put @Kanuck spreadsheet on Google sheets. Let me know if you can get to it
I see it. 3.5.3.2 is missing for the 2022 F150.

Also, all the 2.3.x, 2.4.x and 2.5.x updates are NA to the F150. Those are Lightning/Mach-E revision numbers. There is no mention of 3.5.3 adding full screen capability, either.

All of these things can be fixed...not worried about that. I am going on a cruise on Sunday and I will be off the interwebs for a whole week. I will have to get caught up on everything that transpires between Sunday and the following Sunday when I get back. Whether we use google docs or a stickied thread, we will figure it out as we go.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Losing is subjective. I'm just saying.

I think what you are describing is more "I just don't like not being able to impose my will on my adversary"

Not the same thing. Lol

(please don't be offended by my wording. It comes from raising a bunch of kids. At some point I realized I wasn't LOSING the debate with an offspring, rather I was simply no longer capable of imposing my will. It's inevitable. 🙄🤣)
lol It seems to me like they are imposing their will on me. No offense taken. At all.

Sponsored

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2020 Explorer ST
Maybe we can get a sticky for “Tools” and put the @Kanuck spreadsheet and @Livnitup Forscan spreadsheet in it.? We could add more as they come up?

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Maybe we can get a sticky for “Tools” and put the @Kanuck spreadsheet and @Livnitup Forscan spreadsheet in it.? We could add more as they come up?
Admin already agreed to make the final product a sticky in this section. I think it should remain separate from the FORscan thread as they are two totally different things.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I don't know who wiki user Jo7hs2 is, but my man is putting in that work in the deletion thread.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I'm in the discussion page right now pleading my case for them not to close it. It doesn't pass the wiki vibe check and it doesn't look promising. We'll see what happens. If they do allow me some time to get some more "credible" sources than this forum, I can try linking them to NHTSA filings, vlogs and whatever else I can find, but it will take more time than I probably have. I can't use PTS because it has to be verifiable by whatever they determine to be a qualifying second party source..
Screw them... Just create a GitHub project wiki page. It's free and you can edit as much as you want.
I can help you get it setup if required.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Screw them... Just create a GitHub project wiki page. It's free and you can edit as much as you want.
I can help you get it setup if required.
This is a great idea, I was looking at data size and thinking I could host something in AWS using Wiki.JS

I promise to never grow taste buds in my butthole like the Wikipedia mods.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I didn't look at the Google Sheets version here, but if you need help setting up and formatting a spreadsheet, let me know. It could potentially be set up in a Google site as well, which would be similar to the GitHub wiki.

@rugedraw Can you copy the raw post data from the wiki page and save it to a text file as well? It may be easier to import that into another wiki or similar.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I didn't look at the Google Sheets version here, but if you need help setting up and formatting a spreadsheet, let me know. It could potentially be set up in a Google site as well, which would be similar to the GitHub wiki.

@rugedraw Can you copy the raw post data from the wiki page and save it to a text file as well? It may be easier to import that into another wiki or similar.
I'm out of the office and didn't bring my laptop. Not sure if I can do it from my phone. If not, I'll do it tomorrow. From what I have been seeing on the discussion page over there, we have a warrior on our side that seems to be wiki fluent and is making a strong case to keep it open. It may survive after all.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I'm out of the office and didn't bring my laptop. Not sure if I can do it from my phone. If not, I'll do it tomorrow. From what I have been seeing on the discussion page over there, we have a warrior on our side that seems to be wiki fluent and is making a strong case to keep it open. It may survive after all.

Awesome, anyone with a web browser should be able to save page as HTML and get the data, but there’s a lot of links and there are scraper that automate the process, but I won’t be back to my laptop until Wednesday.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
That spread sheet that was put up was the one that matches my 21 XLT and there fore not all updates were listed. I am working on the complete one copied from Wiki. It will take some time to adjust the data and create a working file. I have to add the 1007,1009 & 1010 updates as well.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
2021 F150 Power up Updates

i put @Kanuck spreadsheet on Google sheets. Let me know if you can get to it

When I get home tonight I can send you the file with all the updates listed.
Sponsored