ghostbit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 402A
Uh, no.

Nothing you can do will trigger an OTA update. They are somewhat randomly queued up by Ford by VIN number when they damn well feel like it. It's an ongoing joke around here and you'll get used to it.

Once it is in your queue it will attempt to download only when you start your truck. May AT&T cell service be in your favor.
then I got randomly lucky I guess. Happened same day I did that.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
then I got randomly lucky I guess. Happened same day I did that.
It has come up before and someone said it worked every time for them. Really it doesn't hurt anything. You should get the update downloading shortly after you start truck though.

I can always tell when my truck is starting to download or install an update because my radio presets will temporarily display something different than normal. It is back to normal next start.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
where do you get PTS?
Ford employees only. You can also pay for access, but from what I've heard, it's not as good as having a Ford employee login.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Non-Dealer you can't see full service history and you need to get a code emailed to owner (you) to be able to see anything on the OTA page. At least that is how it was when I tried it earlier this year. Code entry was broken that week but someone posted that it was fixed after my access expired.

You get full access to wiring diagrams which I was poking around on looking at those. When I subscribed to FDRS later in year I could see everything I clicked on in PTS. Can see same with dealers messing around like when Rugedraw is checking for us, you'll see that in your history if you pay for access.

I'm not sure dealers are aware we can see what they do. 🤔
Sponsored