Sponsored

Ford Power Up Wiki facing possible deletion.

Steve_A71

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2918 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Senior Master Ford Technician
I do understand not wanting to bite that hand that feeds you. I would be the same way.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the information is from owners getting told by Ford what the updates are for or what they did to our vehicles. All we have done is made a list of the updates and modules that were targeted.
Don,
Yea I reckon that would be ok, but someone early on had mentioned that the information was coming from PTS.
You missed what I said... I said to clean up the wiki... Delete the copyrighted material and forum info and replace with better sourced information.
I see that now; I didn't catch that. My apologies. I understand the reasoning behind being copyrighted material, its unfortunate that its difficult to share, and even if we were to ask permission, we would most likely be denied.
Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I see that now; I didn't catch that. My apologies. I understand the reasoning behind being copyrighted material, its unfortunate that its difficult to share, and even if we were to ask permission, we would most likely be denied.
Yah, I cant see Ford approving info thats negative. (Not all of it is but).... I think any way possible to bring them back to one of their own sites where the ultimate redirect would be to their latest product offerings to induce a new sale would be their goal...
For what its worth I like these forums better than Wiki anyway, cant tell you the last time i even went to Wiki... for anything. Snopes, Wiki and other "fact sites' have all lost their credibilty over the last few years...

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Don,
Yea I reckon that would be ok, but someone early on had mentioned that the information was coming from PTS.

That I did not read. From what I can see, all information on the list is from members. Ford did not tell us to not tell other owner that "I got Update XXX-XXXXXXXX---XXX and it turned my grey truck red." And if it is such a big deal, why would they (Ford) allow us to log on to the site and sell us a license to us the software. Just my thoughts.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Rugedraw — It's a lost cause. I wrote a reply to one of your messages and you are exactly on-point. They are quite willing to house old useless information on Windows 10 with no other reference than Microsoft, but they have been creating new rules like topsy and it's just going to be deleted. I am not sure who runs this site, for example, but there might be a place for at least a sticky thread on power versions that you can edit here and publicize to the extent possible. Once Google gets it, people will come here anyway instead of Wikipedia.

Their gatekeepers have already seeded the system with enough to have it whacked. In the end, I support deleting the entry because it is better put somewhere not left to the whims of anonymous busybodies who take pleasure in nothing more than pulling some obscure rule out of their hat to remove a change to their favored topics. Heck, they do not allow someone with a biography on the system to correct an inaccuracy because that would be "personal research." It's a horrible system for anything but physics, chemistry, math, and some well-established histories.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
How about a Google doc? Maybe a spreadsheet that is publicly available but only editable by Rugedraw and those he wants to add? Easy enough to do. Heck, I did that for a state districting proposal once and had millions of hits without even worrying about it.

I can add anyone with a google account as an editor if they send their email address to me, but I'd rather Rugedraw decide who gets to edit, if you think its useful.

Here's a link to the Sheet

Take a look at an example with current data from the Wikipedia:

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
How about a Google doc? Maybe a spreadsheet that is publicly available but only editable by Rugedraw and those he wants to add? Easy enough to do. Heck, I did that for a state districting proposal once and had millions of hits without even worrying about it.

I can add anyone with a google account as an editor if they send their email address to me, but I'd rather Rugedraw decide who gets to edit, if you think its useful.

Here's a link to the Sheet

Take a look at an example with current data from the Wikipedia:

All ready done. Have a look at threads 21 and 31 in this discussion.

NOTE: This is under construction.

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
All ready done. Here is the Link.

NOTE: This is under construction.
Nice — but that does not have the link, just the media content. Highlight a word and click on the link icon then paste the link. That will make is shareable.

EDITED TO ADD:

Nevermind found it! — This is the link to your sheet. Looks great!

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Nice — but that does not have the link, just the media content. Highlight a word and click on the link icon then paste the link. That will make is shareable. Like this.
Look at #31

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
No big loss, we will survive. Working on our own listing.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
What a bunch of stuck up douchebags, hope they feel good about that.
Not likely.
Those kind of folks really don't feel good about anything. That's actually what is wrong. Their feel-good is broken.

Don't let it/them break yours!

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Not likely.
Those kind of folks really don't feel good about anything. That's actually what is wrong. Their feel-good is broken.

Don't let it/them break yours!
"How can you kill something that has no heart?"

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Once certain parties got involved in the delete discussion, it was doomed. I supported the deletion in the conversation there because I want to be consistent in my criticism of their policy enforcement (and change logs are supposed to be against policy) — not to mention it's a bear to update this sort of data in that site.

Rugedraw and others have done a monumental amount of work there and I am very glad it was preserved by Kanuck and put into a more easily edited form that also has more flexibility and fewer Grand Poobahs to deal with. Even so, seeing it deleted is a bit of a gut punch.

The list itself has been invaluable to many Ford owners, including me. I have referred to it dozens of times since I got my F150 and if it did not exist, I would have been completely at sea without ammo when I went to the dealership for help.
Sponsored