Sponsored

Ford Power Up Wiki facing possible deletion.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
We have a lot of very smart people in this community, I'm also in favor of having our own spreadsheet or page hosted somewhere. That way the lightning and Mach E folks can't muddy it up ;)
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I decided to sign up for a Wikipedia account and pulled the text from each section and saved it to a file. Also went through and read the deletion discussion. The one guy seems like a real piece of :poop: and was arguing over semantics. Complaining that articles only said OTA and didn't mention PowerUp throughout, even though the few mentions of PowerUp said that's what Ford calls their OTAs.

I should have some time this weekend, I'll see what I can put together. It didn't look like turning the wiki page text into a Google site or sheet would be too difficult, but I was looking at everything on my phone.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Hi @Mike G You're a prominent guy on the MachE forum and a lot of the MachE members have helped to build "power up" wiki page. Can you post something there to help Rugedraw in his quest to save the wiki page? Maybe they have some Wiki knowledge that will help all.
I went to the wiki page looking for something specific yesterday and saw the banner announcements about the page in the process of deletion. I clicked on the conversation thing and read through all of @rugedraw 's efforts to talk sense to them...and was kindof struck by the single-mindedness of that one guy who seemed determined that this material was not important/relevant to enough people, and that because of the lack of 'official' authoritative references (meaning Ford's lack of documentation provided to the rest of the world) that the page was going to get deleted no matter what anybody did.

It is far better in my view to have a singular listing at the top of a forum thread that members can refer others to. It's in the community's best interest to keep this in-house anyway. You'd have more of the people who have a genuine interest in the details of PowerUps working to make sure it's kept up to date and is accurate....and an additional upside is I wouldn't have to make any donations to wikipedia during their holiday nag-fests.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
An option we can offer is a Wiki style thread where the first post in the thread can be edited by all registered forum members.

Of course that means the info/data must be presented/organized according to the forum software’s style and tools (just like a regular post).

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
An option we can offer is a Wiki style thread where the first post in the thread can be edited by all registered forum members.

Of course that means the info/data must be presented/organized according to the forum software’s style and tools (just like a regular post).
Does the spreadsheet meet the standard and it can be posted for all to see. Was thinking that only someone with access code could edit the file. The latest file is on Post 21.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Never been a fan of Wiki. Most of my reasons have already been posted above.

Complete fan of keeping this in house. Don't need an F-150 hater from Wiki messing with the updates here :p

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Does the spreadsheet meet the standard and it can be posted for all to see. Was thinking that only someone with access code could edit the file. The latest file is on Post 21.
We can simply embed a spreadsheet (i.e. Google sheet) which displays a file that only someone with access code could edit. The thread/post would look like this orders tracking list for example:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-orders-tracking-list-stats-enter-yours.206/

Lite4d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2020 Explorer ST

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
May I make a suggestion....

With tabbed Google Sheets, would it be beneficial to readers to have a tab for the F-150, a tab for the Mach-E and a tab for the Lightning.

Not trying to start a war of words, just an idea to make it easier for those to keep track and simplify.

Thanks for all the work that people have done to allow us to make our trucks what they were intended.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
May I make a suggestion....

With tabbed Google Sheets, would it be beneficial to readers to have a tab for the F-150, a tab for the Mach-E and a tab for the Lightning.

Not trying to start a war of words, just an idea to make it easier for those to keep track and simplify.

Thanks for all the work that people have done to allow us to make our trucks what they were intended.
I think that would cause a lot of duplication and possible confusion. As you can see, alot of the updates apply to all vehicles. The one thing I question now i the need for the references. Are they required?

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I don't have a Wiki account but can someone jump in to the convo over there and say "I'm a Ford rep\mechanic\salesman and will look through this page, please give me a week to clean this up"
Maybe "hide" the page while the cleanup happens? (If that's even a thing)

Steve_A71

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2918 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Senior Master Ford Technician
I don't have a Wiki account but can someone jump in to the convo over there and say "I'm a Ford rep\mechanic\salesman and will look through this page, please give me a week to clean this up"
Maybe "hide" the page while the cleanup happens? (If that's even a thing)
I would do that, however, the information on the PTS website is copyrighted by Ford, and I particularly love my job and stepping on the toes of big daddy isn't my idea of a good time.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I do understand not wanting to bite that hand that feeds you. I would be the same way.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the information is from owners getting told by Ford what the updates are for or what they did to our vehicles. All we have done is made a list of the updates and modules that were targeted.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I would do that, however, the information on the PTS website is copyrighted by Ford, and I particularly love my job and stepping on the toes of big daddy isn't my idea of a good time.
You missed what I said... I said to clean up the wiki... Delete the copyrighted material and forum info and replace with better sourced information.
Sponsored