First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Again. Ford not caring about the customer. Here in the midwest AM radios are a staple. Instant weather. Local sports coverage, talk radio.
Oh wait. That's it! Talk radio... most talk radio on AM is conservative talk. Just another way of silencing the right. Screw ford if they do this.

The case that the ev motor is effecting AM is bull crap. They need to fix their rf issues. The fcc specifically states that no electronic device can cause undue RF interference.
Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Again. Ford not caring about the customer. Here in the midwest AM radios are a staple. Instant weather. Local sports coverage, talk radio.
Oh wait. That's it! Talk radio... most talk radio on AM is conservative talk. Just another way of silencing the right. Screw ford if they do this.

The case that the ev motor is effecting AM is bull crap. They need to fix their rf issues. The fcc specifically states that no electronic device can cause undue RF interference.
Can't tell if serious regarding silencing the right...

I doubt Ford considered that ramification, but maybe I'm wrong.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND

Agreed! Not everything is based on politics. Sounds like some no-insignificant interference issues. Odds are, most of us are only hearing about it recently because it’s Ford doing it (an article I read said they will keep AM for Canada vehicles).
The real issue is weather/safety IMO. Every highway I’ve ever been on has signs for an AM station for latest status on the roads. I’m guessing now that Ford is doing this (Volvo, BMW, and Tesla already have for EV’s), it’ll raise attention of politicians and advocates to turn the decision around. My 2c.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agreed! Not everything is based on politics. Sounds like some no-insignificant interference issues. Odds are, most of us are only hearing about it recently because it’s Ford doing it (an article I read said they will keep AM for Canada vehicles).
The real issue is weather/safety IMO. Every highway I’ve ever been on has signs for an AM station for latest status on the roads. I’m guessing now that Ford is doing this (Volvo, BMW, and Tesla already have for EV’s), it’ll raise attention of politicians and advocates to turn the decision around. My 2c.
Or they'll add it back in but charge a subscription fee to use it 😂

OP
OP
Nasto

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew

[/QUOTE

I don’t think Farely is even clever enough to think up a political angle. I’d bet the farm he’s just looking to pinch a few more pennies per vehicle without giving a thought to what AM actually does well.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
EV’s are great and all but what’s that got to do with AM radio lol? An EV should have AM too, so take that to your drawing board Ford…take out a little marker and write “add AM receiver to Lightning and Mach-E” perfect. Thanks.

Last edited:

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Don’t drive ins use AM?!? Sports? Emergency? Getting rid of CD’s is one thing, I’m not on board with this one. You are telling me if I bought a 2024 and met a rocket that I’d bring her to the drive in to find out I can’t get sound? Not cool Ford, not cool.
lol who goes to a drive in to watch a movie? i thought the whole thing was a just a place for car sex...

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
The last time I’ve listened to AM radio was the mid 70s.
It's great if you have an old ass airplane with an ADF! You can listen to Nebraska's top high school football while flying from Bumfuck to Nowhere., Nebraska!

Longdeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
Sad….will not be able to listen Grand Ole Opry on Clear Channel WSM 650 AM or local sport Football games on different AM channel. I’ll have to listen through Wi-Fi.

Sponsored

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
That's fine. I've used AM radio maybe once or twice in 9 years.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
It is really interesting how polarizing this topic is. For some folks, they haven't used AM radio in 20+ years and yet others use it daily/weekly.

Maybe one of these would work for those that still need AM:

Ford F-150 Ford plans to drop AM radios from most of its new vehicles starting in 2024 1680691679212

Or if you want to look like a storm chaser, mount one of these puppies on a ram mount:

Ford F-150 Ford plans to drop AM radios from most of its new vehicles starting in 2024 1680691771938

Ford F-150 Ford plans to drop AM radios from most of its new vehicles starting in 2024 1680691901648

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is really interesting how polarizing this topic is. For some folks, they haven't used AM radio in 20+ years and yet others use it daily/weekly.

Maybe one of these would work for those that still need AM:

1680691679212.png

Or if you want to look like a storm chaser, mount one of these puppies on a ram mount:

1680691771938.png

1680691901648.png
Can we see a mockup of Option #2 please? Photoshop would suffice. 🤣

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Last time I listened to AM was 2011 before the Red Sox switched to FM. I won’t miss it.