Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm picturing a queen sized mattress just tossed on the floor. I tried to use image generators to make some but this is all they came up with.... (these are apparently F150s :ROFLMAO: )

Ford F-150 Ford CEO: 2024 F-150 refresh to have 2400 fewer parts 1684990804628

Ford F-150 Ford CEO: 2024 F-150 refresh to have 2400 fewer parts 1684990435034

Ford F-150 Ford CEO: 2024 F-150 refresh to have 2400 fewer parts 1684990470947

have to admit, that last one looks pretty comfy. I tried prompting myself, then using GPT to create a prompt. It's got a way to go. GPT turned my prompt into
"Picture the interior of a 2021 F-150 Super Crew Cab, devoid of seats and console. Instead, a snug mattress fills the floor space, complete with a plush comforter and inviting pillows, transforming the cab into an unexpected, cozy sleeping sanctuary"
from " give me an image prompt for the following -- a 2021 super crew cab F150 with no seats or center console, but instead there is a mattress on the floor " 🤷‍♂️

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
have to admit, that last one looks pretty comfy. I tried prompting myself, then using GPT to create a prompt. It's got a way to go. GPT turned my prompt into
Last time I used ChatGPT, Sam Bankman got famous
<whistles innocently>

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last time I used ChatGPT, Sam Bankman got famous
<whistles innocently>
This code interpreter is nuts. You can upload a bunch of documents like population / crime statistics and get to find all sorts of strange correlations you wouldn't even begin to look for. This channel is pretty good with experimenting with things. This is worth everyone's time IMO. Only thing that sucks is the govt gets to use this stuff too, I prefer them remain incompetent.

/tangent

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
This code interpreter is nuts. You can upload a bunch of documents like population / crime statistics and get to find all sorts of strange correlations you wouldn't even begin to look for. This channel is pretty good with experimenting with things. This is worth everyone's time IMO. Only thing that sucks is the govt gets to use this stuff too, I prefer them remain incompetent.
Yah it takes practice to "learn" how to make it work. But once you learn how to ask Qs it's pretty remarkable... Google search engine will die

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yah it takes practice to "learn" how to make it work. But once you learn how to ask Qs it's pretty remarkable... Google search engine will die
What's google? Is that like what AOL and yahoo used to be? :ROFLMAO:
On the same note, youtube search results are trash. Can't wait for 3rd party models to start indexing them so one can find relevant videos via search.

I've been actively trying to get all of my family members to play with it and learn it all the way down to the 6yr old. I'm working on a private site that each kid can have their own access to that's already got a primer built-in so that the answers are tailored to them while at the same giving me the ability to monitor the output and adjust the parameters accordingly.

Last edited:

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
So this made me think, another way of eliminating parts would be to “upgrade” the lower levels. Idk if any trim has manual windows or locks, but upgrading everything to powered windows and locks would eliminate a handful of parts. Also upgrading base level gauges to XLT level would eliminate more parts as well. Idk if, or how much Ford breaks down subassemblies into individual components for “part counts” but it could be anywhere from a couple of parts (bezel, gauges, and mounting fasteners) to hundreds (counting the lens, gauges, dial indicators, chips, etc)
Tell me about it. I've not understood the reason to have so many different styles of tail lights, grills, headlights, etc. I'm sure it cost a pretty penny to pay a manufacturer to tool up and make an XL/STX style halogen headlamp. Why not just save that cost and step up to LED lights for he "lower" grades. You still have the adaptive projectors of the Lariat & up models. Same goes for the tail lights. What, 4 different styles?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Can’t wait for them to come after our right to repair.
It's not going to be easy for them to do now that there's precedent with the John Deere Right to Repair case. Doesn't mean they won't try, but it would make it much easier to win against actions like that in court now.

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I have a few friends that work in GM manufacturing kitting design and manufacturing implementation, sorta related here... I was at lunch with those guys just last week, talking cars, trucks and telling lies when the topic came up about how soon owners get bored with their vehicles. This probably isn't new, but it was said that GM (and maybe the other makers too) is experimenting with a replaceable body component. Since most owners only "see" the wheels, colors, style, interior features, etc. and rarely pay any attention to the unseen components. Owners would simply reuse their chassis, engine, trans, all that unseen stuff, the dealer would remove the "body" and replace it with a new "style"...

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have no doubt that manufacturers discuss those kinds of things. But it's obviously never gotten past the conference room yet. :)

But hey, someone discussed "would if we install a 7.2KW inverter under the truck and then a 240V outlet in the bed? Guys could weld a fence post out in West Texas 100 miles from an outlet?

I still can't believe some suit didn't shoot the idea down. Lol

Man did that idea getting past the conference table rock my world!

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
It's not going to be easy for them to do now that there's precedent with the John Deere Right to Repair case. Doesn't mean they won't try, but it would make it much easier to win against actions like that in court now.
Ford will not bother wasting resources trying to blaze that path again or so I hope they're smart enough to not waste resources blazing that path...

They will likely follow the Apple playbook:
https://9to5mac.com/2023/02/17/lobbyist-working-for-apple/

TLDR important piece:
'Of particular relevance to Apple products, one of the changes meant that companies were free to offer “assemblies” of parts, rather than separate components. This could, for example, mean that Apple only has to offer fully-populated motherboards for sale, rather than access to individual components like SSDs. The effect would be to make some repairs uneconomic, as well as to block DIY upgrades.'

Farley is already tipping his hand at this, solenoid go bad on the starter, too bad, have to buy the whole starter, can't replace just the solenoid, replace just the throttle body wiring harness, LOL, whole vehicle harness.

Right to repair laws will start to look like right to work laws, just jokes that people who can't be bothered to read think actually protect them.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Guys could weld a fence post out in West Texas 100 miles from an outlet?
I was one of those guys that gave it some thought (horse ranch) and then that little voice reminded me simplify Scott. Not to mention the "Big Freeze" we (Texas) had a couple of years ago when my two 20K watt generators were getting tired over those couple of weeks......

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
I was one of those guys that gave it some thought (horse ranch) and then that little voice reminded me simplify Scott. Not to mention the "Big Freeze" we (Texas) had a couple of years ago when my two 20K watt generators were getting tired over those couple of weeks......
Unfortunately, my PB was still on the assembly line during the "Freezemageddon". I got it a month later.
Sponsored