Sponsored

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Another way to achieve a major reduction in parts is to have only a couple "mega modules" communicating to sensors/systems instead of the 30-40 intelligent modules that current F-150s have. Another area Tesla pioneered. Not only does it simplify things, but it also reduces Ford's exposure to chip availability.
That means we are removing the simple and reliable parts in exchange for fewer parts with higher fail rates. I hate a digital dash. Totally agree that were likely to see higher repair costs and more complex parts that were formerly assemblies.
Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Throttle by wire is completely 100% sub-par to a throttle cable

Last edited:

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
“2400 fewer parts as soon as next year” is such an off putting message to consumers! They are better off saying they will evaluate all their trims/ ridiculous option selections. Would of sounded better! Smh

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I’m sure removing some processes will follow. They already got rid of some process like corrosion prevention on rear differential housings.
For me, they didn't tighten one of the frame cross members. The bridge under the transercase had the bolts barely threaded on.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Tough crowd.

But Farley wasn't the CEO when the trucks we drive were designed. And the CEO, no matter who he is, didn't invent fly by wire. 🤣

I happen to be as enamored with my 2022 KingRanch Powerboost as any truck I have ever owned. Farley doesn't get ANY credit for that. And if the exhaust heat exchanger starts to leak tomorrow, he doesn't get any blame for it. I don't think that's how it works.

There's going to be plenty to blame or credit the CEO for over the next few years, as the decisions that he has made at the helm come full circle.

But I get rant threads. Everyone needs to rant every once in a while.

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
Blame the CEO for build quality, the president for the economy-I wish it was that simple!

Rants make you feel better, they don’t need to make sense!

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I think e-throttle is fine, I'd just like to see even a couple notches of adjustability, preferably unique to each drive mode. Take sport for instance, it should have 3 options, aggressive, very aggressive, and weeee which could map an expo curve that's 100% by 50% pedal position.

Another benefit of drive by wire is the ability make for some seamless shifts where a cable throttle just couldn't do. It as gives manuals rev matching and other similar capabilities. This is all natively possible. We're just seeing poor implementations by the manufacturers right now while aftermarket companies happily make products for the low price of ~10,000,000% of what it'd actually cost to incorporate a few lines of code to do it.

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
Coming from the Toyota camp that can’t even get a single map to act right without aftermarket help, I’m really happy with Ford coming correct with several options, a 10 speed with gear lockout capability, and a truck that can get out of its own way even on stock mapping.
Evidently this takes more R & D than meets the average consumer these days

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Either this will all work out well for Ford and everyone else will follow, or they will lose market share to GM and Ram and eventually have to reverse course and try to regain market share. Time will tell. The no discounted MSRP pricing will likely drive consumers to competitors more though if you can get a comparable truck for 10-20% less.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Tough crowd.

But Farley wasn't the CEO when the trucks we drive were designed. And the CEO, no matter who he is, didn't invent fly by wire. 🤣

I happen to be as enamored with my 2022 KingRanch Powerboost as any truck I have ever owned. Farley doesn't get ANY credit for that. And if the exhaust heat exchanger starts to leak tomorrow, he doesn't get any blame for it. I don't think that's how it works.

There's going to be plenty to blame or credit the CEO for over the next few years, as the decisions that he has made at the helm come full circle.

But I get rant threads. Everyone needs to rant every once in a while.
Nothing really wrong with the design, but what is infact wrong with the Gen 14s and the entire electric lineup is directly under Farleys purview. The design is actually quite good even later in the lifecycle. Farley is responsible for:
  • Supply chain issues
  • blatant quality issues
  • feature deletes
  • high profile warranty denials
  • lack of clarity to shareholders and customers
  • negative margins on a line he's pushing for as "the future"
  • approval of the mustang brand assassination
  • Rust on brand new vehicles
  • an out of control dealer network
  • over investment in risky Chinese supplychain and consumer markets
So what of that isn't falling directly at Farley's feet as the CEO and responsible steer? I have over a thousand shares and have watched this shit sink over the years. We're at 11.50ish a share right now, and that's proof enough this is a real issue. Get him out and give me a pitchfork.

fwiw I do love my f150s and mustangs. Fields was the one to bring Ford forward, not Farley.

/rant

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
His cousin was pretty overrated, too...

Sponsored