Sponsored

Ford 'big brother' insurance - update...

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
(original post https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ford-insure-quote-w-big-brother-mode-active.13140/ )

Not sure how I got the MME to 25% given how I drive it (though I did temper myself a little bit during the 90 day window, back to 'balls to the wall' mode :devilish: )

Ford F-150 Ford 'big brother' insurance - update... 1679539704190

Ford F-150 Ford 'big brother' insurance - update... 1679540443524

Here's the F150 coverage which already reflects a 10% discount for enrolling in the program. The new cost for it is $348.36, or $58/mo. The insurance company gets vehicle telemetry for 90 days and automatically terminates after that time (and it's VERY detailed showing a map of everywhere the vehicles went and when/where each 'infraction' was marked). This discount is good for the life of the policy, no more monitoring (back to disabled). I just saw a few things I'm going to change, by selecting "vanishing deductible" it raises the price $2/mo, immediately removes $100 from the deductible, and $100 each claim-free year you have. There are other things I'm going to change as well, which won't reset the whole monitoring thing.

Ford F-150 Ford 'big brother' insurance - update... 1679540393472
Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Do you know which insurance company is actually providing the policy?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
2022 FORD F-150 SUPERCREW XL/XLT/LRT/KNRN/PLAT
VIN:
Class Code:
M5M7YPPNNNN
Current Vehicle Premium:
$736
Garaging County:
Wood

Liability
Bodily Injury
$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
Property Damage
$100,000 each accident
Medical/Personal Injury Protection
$2,500 each person
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists - Bodily Injury
$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists - Property Damage
$100,000 each accident
Other than Collision
$500 deductible
Collision
$500 deductible
Rental/Reimbursement
$35 per day
$1,050 per occurrence
Roadside Assistance
$120 per disablement
Death Indemnity
$5,000 per designated person list
Endorsements
400A
Miscellaneous Type Vehicle Endorsement
Amendment of Policy Provisions - Temporary Vehicles and Special Equipment
Transportation Network Exclusion Endorsement
Roadside Assistance Coverage
523C
Rental Reimbursement Coverage
528A
Loss Payable Clause-Modified
Mexico Coverage - Limited
Auto Death Indemnity and Total Disability Coverage A
573A
Supplementary Death Benefit
Discounts
Companion Discount
Claims Free Discount
Multi-Car Discount
Passive Restraints Discount

this is my new price from farm bureau for apr to oct
uninsured motorists and theft are among some of the BS given for rate hikes

in insured is imo an easy fix
get pulled over with no insurance....impound the vehicle until a 6 month policy is paid in full

oh i got a hit because my 21 year granddaughter is living with us, no tickets...just 21

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

get pulled over with no insurance....impound the vehicle until a 6 month policy is paid in full

oh i got a hit because my 21 year granddaughter is living with us, no tickets...just 21
Yeah, unlicensed / uninsured driving should result in 6 months in the cement hotel at a minimum. Fleeing from an accident should be a felony. Vehicle impounded until it's at least got insurance. Making everyone else pay because dumb people and their unpunished bad habits is for the birds. Uninsured vehicles captured on the road should have 60 days to get coverage, then it should be sold and the funds added to a state uninsured reimbursement fund.

It's crazy I'm now paying about half of what you are. Nationwide's site is easy and clear to change policy. I've since added vanishing deductible, raised med payments to 10k, added glass replacement coverage, new vehicle replacement (first 3 years of ownership, if totaled, new vehicle is purchased) and it went up $8/mo. before discount is added. The policy includes $3k of aftermarket parts coverage, I need to call them and see how much it is to up it.

I believe there's a mileage component to their calculations and it was around 10 or 12k / yr where it started to raise costs.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Yeah, unlicensed / uninsured driving should result in 6 months in the cement hotel at a minimum. Fleeing from an accident should be a felony. Vehicle impounded until it's at least got insurance. Making everyone else pay because dumb people and their unpunished bad habits is for the birds. Uninsured vehicles captured on the road should have 60 days to get coverage, then it should be sold and the funds added to a state uninsured reimbursement fund.

It's crazy I'm now paying about half of what you are. Nationwide's site is easy and clear to change policy. I've since added vanishing deductible, raised med payments to 10k, added glass replacement coverage, new vehicle replacement (first 3 years of ownership, if totaled, new vehicle is purchased) and it went up $8/mo. before discount is added. The policy includes $3k of aftermarket parts coverage, I need to call them and see how much it is to up it.

I believe there's a mileage component to their calculations and it was around 10 or 12k / yr where it started to raise costs.
in texas our rates went up 12% in oct-dec and now another 17 to 34% depending on carrier
my farm bureau is still about 200 less than anyone else here.
you do not want to see my whole policy. they cut me slack and used the 2012 edge as the least pricey car to set the 21 year old rate, it double it from last time
424 to almost 800, it costs mor than the truck
total for 4 vehicles with a 21 yr old driver is 2700 for 6 months, once she moves out or gets her own policy in oct...it should go back to somewhat normal
i just put on ebay one kidney slightly used

Vehicles
2008 Damon Tuscany M-4056
VIN: 4
Class Code:
Current Vehicle Premium:
$607
Garaging County:
Wood

2012 FORD EDGE LIMITED
VIN: 2
Class Code:
S2F1YPUNNNN
Current Vehicle Premium:
$788
Garaging County:
Wood

VIN: 1
Class Code:
M5M7YPPNNNN
Current Vehicle Premium:
$736
Garaging County:
Wood

2019 FORD FUSION SE
VIN:
Class Code:
M6F3YMSNNNN
Current Vehicle Premium:
$602
Garaging County:
Wood

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
in texas our rates went up 12% in oct-dec and now another 17 to 34% depending on carrier
Wow, that's just nuts. Have you looked into a self-insured bond approach, or do the other drivers not make it plausible? Might want to give ford insure a call and have a chat.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
i got a quote from ford unsure late/early this morning
they are close to what i have total now.
but they wont cover the BUS , the bus is 32k lbs of screaming machine so having adequate coverage if i plow into someone or vice versa.

ad they wont cover my 21 year grand child. not because of her record, simply her age and lack of driving history.
so we will stick it out till oct for next renewal and see what changes.

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Uninsured dude ran a red light and hit my wife, who was driving our 3 week old son to his doctor appointment. Agree 100% that it should be a criminal offense if one chooses to drive a vehicle without the required insurance.

That said, I would support a gas tax to cover the required base level car insurance in our state. That way everyone on the road contributes based on usage (add a fee to registration & renewals of EVs) and everyone is covered. Insurers can participate in that coverage and sell all of us responsible folks additional coverage on top of it. Done and done.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
oh sure let austin devise another tax..
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Well I admit that the IDEA is sound.

But as you pointed out, Austin (and any other taxing entity) would screw the concept up assuredly.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
VIN:
Class Code:
M5M7YPPNNNN
Current Vehicle Premium:
$736
Garaging County:
Wood

Liability
Bodily Injury
$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
Property Damage
$100,000 each accident
Medical/Personal Injury Protection
$2,500 each person
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists - Bodily Injury
$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists - Property Damage
$100,000 each accident
Other than Collision
$500 deductible
Collision
$500 deductible
Rental/Reimbursement
$35 per day
$1,050 per occurrence
Roadside Assistance
$120 per disablement
Death Indemnity
$5,000 per designated person list
Endorsements
400A
Miscellaneous Type Vehicle Endorsement
Amendment of Policy Provisions - Temporary Vehicles and Special Equipment
Transportation Network Exclusion Endorsement
Roadside Assistance Coverage
523C
Rental Reimbursement Coverage
528A
Loss Payable Clause-Modified
Mexico Coverage - Limited
Auto Death Indemnity and Total Disability Coverage A
573A
Supplementary Death Benefit
Discounts
Companion Discount
Claims Free Discount
Multi-Car Discount
Passive Restraints Discount

I have Farm Bureau in South Carolina and tell me the same bs they tell you. Im with you you get caught driving w/o insurance, impound car, lock your A$^ up for 48 hrs 1st offense,30 days for second. You've got my vote

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That said, I would support a gas tax to cover the required base level car insurance in our state. That way everyone on the road contributes based on usage (add a fee to registration & renewals of EVs) and everyone is covered. Insurers can participate in that coverage and sell all of us responsible folks additional coverage on top of it. Done and done.
Why my lawnmower gas gotta pay for someone's insurance? I'd prefer them nail the uninsured to the wall instead of punishing the rest of us for their dumbasses. Codify the 'state' paying for it making them hammer down on those fools. No extra taxes, they've got to shuffle current funds. They'd just raise gas taxes and divert the funds.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Please, please don't give the State or WashDC any more money, it will just pad their pockets...

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
and it's VERY detailed showing a map of everywhere the vehicles went and when/where each 'infraction' was marked
How granular? Like "37 in a 35?"
Sponsored