• Total voters

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I got a couple of my most desired features tonight! You don't have to wait for Ford to listen to us. ?
No more horn honking when I exit the truck while it's running. Woo-hoo! No reason to cause everyone in earshot or someone in the house to come see what's up. Stealth is sweet.

And even better is I got my REAL Coolant Temps and Transmission Temps back on the dash. Those ridiculous gauges just sit there static while the real temperatures can vary by 30 or 40 degrees. It's crazy.

Ford F-150 Feature Requests for the F-150 Hybrid Screenshot_20210809-213852_Gallery

Gotta give props to the fellow inmate on the forum that so GENEROUSLY shares and supports Forscan for these 2021 trucks. And it's awesome that he bought a Powerboost Platinum himself. :)

Thank you @Livnitup
Sponsored

OP
OP
F-150 Prius

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I got a couple of my most desired features tonight! You don't have to wait for Ford to listen to us. ?
No more horn honking when I exit the truck while it's running. Woo-hoo! No reason to cause everyone in earshot or someone in the house to come see what's up. Stealth is sweet.

And even better is I got my REAL Coolant Temps and Transmission Temps back on the dash. Those ridiculous gauges just sit there static while the real temperatures can vary by 30 or 40 degrees. It's crazy.

Screenshot_20210809-213852_Gallery.jpg

Gotta give props to the fellow inmate on the forum that so GENEROUSLY shares and supports Forscan for these 2021 trucks. And it's awesome that he bought a Powerboost Platinum himself. :)

Thank you @Livnitup
Two excellent feature upgrades:
1) real gauge readouts (e.g. engine and trans temps)
2) no honk when closing a door with the engine on
thanks!

p.s. is there a thread somewhere that explains how to tweak these settings in FORScan?
and there's no way to get oil pressure psi?
It's bizarre that the display code is there to show temp and ªF but it's not in the menu …
also, 21.2 lifetime mpg … : )

OP
OP
F-150 Prius

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
p.s. oops, just typo'd one of the options … and edit doesn't allow me to change a poll option, only add more poll options … oh well … perhaps my typo is a valid feature request, too …

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Two excellent feature upgrades:
1) real gauge readouts (e.g. engine and trans temps)
2) no honk when closing a door with the engine on
thanks!

p.s. is there a thread somewhere that explains how to tweak these settings in FORScan?
and there's no way to get oil pressure psi?
It's bizarre that the display code is there to show temp and ªF but it's not in the menu …
also, 21.2 lifetime mpg … : )
Here's the EXCELLENT Forscan thread for our trucks.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet-💻.1578/

And no, the actual oil pressure readout has never been cracked by the Forscan gurus on any year model. But Ford does have a PID for it so you can monitor it from the ODB. I use the now sadly discontinued Ngauge for monitoring 7 Pids

Ford F-150 Feature Requests for the F-150 Hybrid 20210622_085813

OP
OP
F-150 Prius

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Here's the EXCELLENT Forscan thread for our trucks.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet-?.1578/

And no, the actual oil pressure readout has never been cracked by the Forscan gurus on any year model. But Ford does have a PID for it so you can monitor it from the ODB. I use the now sadly discontinued Ngauge for monitoring 7 Pids

20210622_085813.jpg
you are consistently a step ahead of me! : )
is there another OBD->Ford->PID gizmo?
Thanks!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
you are consistently a step ahead of me! : )
is there another OBD->Ford->PID gizmo?
Thanks!
Lol
If you are chasing me, you ain't going fast. But I'm flattered! So thanks.

I would spend the tiniest amount of money first just to play with and discover and learn all the ODB Pids and what you can monitor. That would be something you can do very inexpensively with a cheap Amazon ODB scanner and the Torque Pro app. (Depending on whether you are Android or Apple, I think you need a Bluetooth for Apple and a WiFi for Android)

I think Torque Pro is about $10 and the ODB adapter is $15-30, depending on which one you fetch. Then there's the endless amount of internet information sharing of Torque Pro PID sharing.

Or........you can just purchase a hardware device like I have and plug it in and browse through all the built-in Pids. I think the Ngauge I have has like 160 parameters that it saw when it first probed my new Powerboost. It's INSANE what you can monitor. And since the Ngauge has been discontinued, you probably can find them used for a fraction of their original cost. Pure Plug and Play and you are up and running.

The Ngauge and the SCT Livewire are actually "tuning devices" for custom tuning your truck, which is why I have one because I had my 2018 dynotuned to perfection. :)
But since the 2021 F150 isn't tunable (yet), my Ngauge is only playing the role of an ODB driven set of gauges.

If I see one available cheap enough, I'll let you know. But I think you will have fun probing your truck with a cheap Android tablet and an ODB wifi adapter.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Everything in your list is valid, but for the life of me I cannot understand why people want to deactivate start/stop for this hybrid truck. Start/stop is fundamental to a hybrid platform, and it's not at all implemented like stop/start is in ICE vehicles. If you don't want the truck to go into electric only mode, then put it in Sports mode.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything in your list is valid, but for the life of me I cannot understand why people want to deactivate start/stop for this hybrid truck. Start/stop is fundamental to a hybrid platform, and it's not at all implemented like stop/start is in ICE vehicles. If you don't want the truck to go into electric only mode, then put it in Sports mode.
Not to mention that every once in a while you should treat yourself to the Hyde side (Jekyll/Hyde) of your 600lbs of Torque 10-speed Beast that it is. ?

Afterall, Ford included it in your Hybrid F150.

Besides, if you've been an Ecobooster since 2011 you would know that the one danger of using the 3.5 Ecoboost as the Hybrid platform is that while it's mesmerizing you with high fuel mileage and extremely low RPM cruising, those wastegates are NOT getting exercised and moving through their full range. As a result the wastegates will build up deposits and risk sticking at some point later in higher mileage times.

Also there's sufficient anecdotal evidence that the guys with the least troublesome Ecoboosts with more than 100,000 miles were the meticulous about maintenance but they worked their trucks. Hauling and towing and such.

In other words, it's cool to take it easy and pamper your truck much of the time, but this motor NEEDS to hit full boost every once in a while. It's literally built for it.

dasstrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I like the auto-hold feature and how it works in my 2013 C63 AMG - in order to engage the auto-hold when you come to a stop you just have to gently pump the brake one time and it will turn on.

Maybe this is a feature that can be added by Ford at a later time? Probably will never happen

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Ford has the auto-hold feature. (button on steering wheel)

It's a GREAT feature, but requires a stopped vehicle in front of you, of course.
However, as mentioned earlier by another poster, once the vehicle in front of you takes off, the Ford is too conservative about taking off itself. It allows the gap to be big enough that an impatient vehicle behind you might think you are looking at your phone or something. Lol

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My addition to the list: disable “double honk” when in Generator mode.
I agree with you so strongly that I went through the trouble to disable it.

Generator mode is a mode that never existed until this truck was invented. I'm surprised that the same brilliant folks that came up with the generator idea, which MUST have been some awesome brainstorm meetings to witness, didn't also forsee the need to disable double-honk.

kman67

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150?
I would like the option to be in generator mode without using the ICE. When I go tent camping I would like to plug my ARB fridge into the bed outlet and not have the ICE engine come on in the middle of the night.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Generator mode doesn't use ICE unless the battery is discharged enough to require ICE.
So if you plugged something in to power it all night, and it didn't draw the battery down, why would ICE need to come on?

Last edited:
OP
OP
F-150 Prius

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Generator mode doesn't use ICE unless the battery is discharged enough to require ICE.
So if you plugged something in to power it all night, and it didn't draw the battery down, why would ICE need to come on?
Right. I leave the ICECO fridge on 0ºF and the engine doesn't come on. If I turn on the hvac, the engine cycles about every 30 minutes or so. I sleep through it. If you want the engine off for longer periods, put a small "solar generator" battery in the bed. I have small one that's probably obsolete by now, but it was cheap (on kickstarter) it's light and basically doubles the total system Wh capacity.
https://iallpowers.com/products/monster-x-1500-the-future-of-portable-power-stations
If I was going to buy another battery, the next one will probably be the EcoFlow DELTA Max which can be linked to multiple units and an automatic starting gas generator for outages.
https://ecoflow.com/products/ecoflow-delta-max-portable-power-station
Sponsored