2021 Ford Limited F-150 Hybrid Powerboost Whining issue

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You should see that piece missing from the side of the fuel tank possibly? I've heard that is the area that the factory adhesives have been failing.
Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I have the same thing with my 21 limited PB. Has a slight shake to it, almost like the tires need to be balanced. Had it checked out by the dealership and everything is fine according to them. I'm still not satisfied with the way is drives, should be super smooth ?

Kliza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I took my truck into the dealer today due to the fact that the truck has a very loud whine to it at low speed. The dealer admitted the sounder is way too loud and they are looking to replace it, if they can find one in stock :).

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
Had truck in for oil change (15,000 - 3rd change), mentioned the thumping noise. Service Manager came out - says I think I know what this is - an insulation panel above the drive shaft might have come loose. Truck was on the lift - he inspected and told me it was loose and resting on the drive shaft. They used aluminum aircraft tape and reattached. He said it was an in production fix at the factory, they have a service check at the dealer for it - it likely will not be a recall or TSB, etc. That one fix cured almost all of the noises, thumps and bangs I would hear on a normal drive. Now to get the damn ped speaker taken care of ...

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Had truck in for oil change (15,000 - 3rd change), mentioned the thumping noise. Service Manager came out - says I think I know what this is - an insulation panel above the drive shaft might have come loose. Truck was on the lift - he inspected and told me it was loose and resting on the drive shaft. They used aluminum aircraft tape and reattached. He said it was an in production fix at the factory, they have a service check at the dealer for it - it likely will not be a recall or TSB, etc. That one fix cured almost all of the noises, thumps and bangs I would hear on a normal drive. Now to get the damn ped speaker taken care of ...
This has been reported on several posts here. It's encouraging to hear a dealership is starting to accumulate some history with these trucks and thus taking care of the customer with some form of expertise.

Beydmosky

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
If you're talking about that humming noise, mine does it as well and it's definitely from the electric motor. I haven't tried listening to it outside with the engine running, but I can certainly hear it with the engine off in electric mode and the windows up.

My truck also vibrates while in electric mode and with my foot on the brake. I keep telling myself it's by design to let me know my vehicle is on. This is how I keep myself from thinking every little sound or annoyance means that the truck is broken. One of the joys of new technology. :)
Page 86 of the operator's manual talks about a pedestrian warning system but has no explanation of what it should sound like nor how the sound is produced.
Sponsored