• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
My dealer (fleet sales manager) contacted me a couple days ago and asked for color and option selections for my Platinum Lightning so that he could pre-configure the truck now and be ready for the 26th. #2 at Grieco in Delray Beach. Still all systems go. MSRP.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
My dealer (fleet sales manager) contacted me a couple days ago and asked for color and option selections for my Platinum Lightning so that he could pre-configure the truck now and be ready for the 26th. #2 at Grieco in Delray Beach. Still all systems go. MSRP.
How do you expect to answer those questions without an order guide?

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
How do you expect to answer those questions without an order guide?
I assume, if you know what options you want, trim, etc, you can have all that info down ahead of time.

Especially if none of the things you are waiting to hear about are prices. If money is not an issue.

So I can see that if money isn't an issue, one could feasibly tell their dealer, "look, I know I want a Platinum. Which is generally fully loaded. I know I want this color. I know I want this interior color. This XYZ thing here, we still aren't sure if it's an option or standard. Either way, put it in the order [or, don't put it in]..." Yada Yada Yada.

Then, the dealer, I can easily see, gets that paperwork in order once the ability to get it in order is in place.

All he'd need to do is go in a sign some stuff.

It doesn't seem too far fetched to me. It's just planning ahead really. Some people aren't waiting for some final deep details to make a decision on something. I guess, because it's a Platinum with minimal to nothing extra, it's easy for me to interpret it all this way.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
That seems like such a hassle. Yeah, a lot of people generally know which trim they want, but if Ford moves things around when the order guide is released it could change a lot of things, depending on your feature priority.

Nothing wrong with having an idea of what you want based on what we know, but if I'm spending $50k+ on a new vehicle I want to be 100% sure I'm getting what I want, instead of relying on the dealer to keep my best interest in mind.

Besides, being the first to put an order in gives you no advantage whatsoever.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
That seems like such a hassle. Yeah, a lot of people generally know which trim they want, but if Ford moves things around when the order guide is released it could change a lot of things, depending on your feature priority.

Nothing wrong with having an idea of what you want based on what we know, but if I'm spending $50k+ on a new vehicle I want to be 100% sure I'm getting what I want, instead of relying on the dealer to keep my best interest in mind.

Besides, being the first to put an order in gives you no advantage whatsoever.
I understand your point, but if the dealership knows the customer and understands when he says "Platinum" that he means loaded....

I guarantee you my guy at my dealership could prepare for me if I was intending a Platinum.
I'm not saying that on the day the official order form is available that a question might not be warranted, but he texts me often, so no big deal.

I'm a really late reservation. Probably YEARS out. But IF my dealership ever has a lightning uncalled for, I'm pretty sure he will text me and ask if I'm interested.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I assume, if you know what options you want, trim, etc, you can have all that info down ahead of time
Gonna be hard to know what options you want when you don't know what any of the options are.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gonna be hard to know what options you want when you don't know what any of the options are.
What I'm saying is he knows he wants a Platinum. And Ford has been pretty liberal in saying the Platinum is Fully Loaded.

The only real things he needs to figure out... IS colors for the most part.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I think the confusion is that the word "Platinum" can mean different things to different folks.
For some people it's just telling their dealership "everything". All options.

In 2004 my dealership found me the F350 I was looking for by me simply saying "Find me one with every check mark except PTO.

Took them a few days but they found a King Ranch with absolutely everything except PTO. I asked what color. Then I said yes.

Wonderful truck and I kept it 9 years. Longer than usual for me. About double.

Last edited:

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It appears all he needs to, at THIS POINT, is decide on color, max recline seats, and or deployable running boards.

Seems easy to say to dealer, IF the spec sheet looks like the media graphic, fill the paperwork with those, or skip those, with these colors. Get the paperwork ready. I'll sign when I get there.

Besides those options, he COULD buy extra the 48A charger. Not sure why he would tho, so that's doubtful.

Sponsored

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I think the confusion is that the word "Platinum" can mean different things to different folks.
For some people it's just telling their dealership "everything". All options.

In 2004 my dealership found me the F350 I was looking for by me simply saying "Find me one with every check mark except PTO.

Took them a few days but they found a King Ranch with absolutely everything except PTO. I asked what color. Then I said yes.

Wonderful truck and I kept it 9 years. Longer than usual for me. About double.
What’s PTO?