• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I think you misunderstood. They're saying there's over 2 billion possible configurations of trims and options.
Who is "they"? One guy said it. And no I didn't misunderstand. I just don't believe there are 2,000,000 possible permutations of F150. That is unless you built it from stolen parts over 25 years :)
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Sure, to start with F150 has 8 trims vs 4 for Lightning. Not counting stripped chassis. Most of the Lightning options are identified in the spec sheet. That's not an email survey. On top of that, if I discover some option that I absolutely must have before Lightning is scheduled for production, I should be able to update my configuration.

Also, pretty sure that 2 Billion is a huge exaggeration. That's more than 2,000 times the total annual sales of F150.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.c...ild-an-f-150-would-you-believe-2-billion/amp/

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy

Attachments

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
So what options are on those 4 trims? Nobody knows.
According to the document cited, not much.
Just like the Mach-E

I've been ordering and web-building Ford trucks since their website allowed for it. (2003?)

The current web configurator for the
Mach-E is the future. I suspect

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

carguymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Pathfinder
Just want to point out that when I was at the Ford event where they provided rides in the lightning, I spoke to one of the Ford employees. When I asked if we could convert our reservations to orders in the fall, he said before the end of the year. He also stated that there would be a way to build them on Ford's website prior to ordering so you could check out all the options and that building them on the website would be available for some amount of time (to allow everyone to figure out what they wanted) prior to Ford actually taking orders. When I asked if they were still planning to start deliveries in May or June of next year, he said yes. I hope this helps.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Just want to point out that when I was at the Ford event where they provided rides in the lightning, I spoke to one of the Ford employees. When I asked if we could convert our reservations to orders in the fall, he said before the end of the year. He also stated that there would be a way to build them on Ford's website prior to ordering so you could check out all the options and that building them on the website would be available for some amount of time (to allow everyone to figure out what they wanted) prior to Ford actually taking orders. When I asked if they were still planning to start deliveries in May or June of next year, he said yes. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, but apparently we don't need an online build and price tool. We're going to select our options by magic 8-ball and Ouija board, and transmit our order by telepathy.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
If true, then this lines up with the 26th not being order banks day. My salesperson told me November 5th is the date. Let's pretend that they're right: It'd make sense that the configurator would open on the 26th in anticipation for a 5th launch.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for. I'm too excited for this thing to sit by and idly twiddle my thumbs, so throwing out hopes and prayers is all I've got!

danane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ Cruiser, 1994 Jeep Wrangler
My dealer said ordering window will open early Nov., so maybe Nov. 5th is the day =)

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
Over the weekend it looks like ford added build and price for the 2022 Super Duty. That is need to me end indicates some movement on the site…

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
My dealer said ordering window will open early Nov., so maybe Nov. 5th is the day =)
My dealer originally told me this past Saturday..... honestly nobody knows until Ford releases information. I have a pretty good feeling Ford is going to email reservation holders directly seeing as how the orders can be done online if you choose.