• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ford has never officially announced anything any dates anyone says or has said is purely speculation. I have a feeling Ford marketing will be emailing reservation holders before orders open to let them know when orders will be opening.

Clean150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
Reuters has an article published yesterday reporting Ford is getting pushback from fleet customers and with the legislation still pending in congress, it makes sense to delay. Purely from a profit standpoint, if there will be less fleet orders and more available for the hoi polloi and big rebates pending, I would think those rebates equal bigger profits as more orders will be optioned up. Maybe the delay allows them to fine tune the ordering to increase profits and hopefully does not correlate to a delay in deliveries all though it's hard to imagine delays are not in the cards.
Marathon not a sprint obvs

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Lol……Man, imagine when deliveries start getting delayed and the panic that will set in…. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Reuters has an article published yesterday reporting Ford is getting pushback from fleet customers and with the legislation still pending in congress, it makes sense to delay. Purely from a profit standpoint, if there will be less fleet orders and more available for the hoi polloi and big rebates pending, I would think those rebates equal bigger profits as more orders will be optioned up. Maybe the delay allows them to fine tune the ordering to increase profits and hopefully does not correlate to a delay in deliveries all though it's hard to imagine delays are not in the cards.
Marathon not a sprint obvs
That Reuters article is BS. I used to run a small business. I don't know what Ford expects(or Reuters expected) but its not reasonable to expect a business to "sign up" or commit to a product that hasn't even been produced yet. There are too many variables and too much risk from the business owner's perspective.

I do believe Ford will have a huge market once they start churning out trucks....economically if range is not a concern an EV makes a lot of sense. They cost less to operate and maintain. I just don't get how anyone can be shocked or disappointed when the truck hasn't even hit the market yet.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
If it's from a dealer I would ignore it.

If it's from Ford...thats different.
I got a call from my dealer today. He said orders will begin in February. Jerry's Ford in Leesburg.

I said Huh??? How do you figure that, and off what information?

He also told me X-plan wouldn't be available. When I asked if it was his dealer making the dealer policy on it, or if Ford just released something, he had no clue.

Weird thing is, I never called them. The Dealer called ME to tell me things they weren't even sure about.. it was odd.

I agree. We all need to stop listening to dealers as if they are Ford themselves.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
odd.

It almost seems like these dealers found out their allotment of Lightnings for the first shipments to their dealership. And the allotment just happens to be how many dealer employees have a reservation.

Regardless of when they reserved, they submit THEIR orders, and call the rest of US when theirs are secured.... December, February, whenever.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Or they need to get their ICE F-150's off the lot after the whole debacle earlier in the year

So we have all kinds of rumors. Here is the email from my dealer:

Hi! We have 160 reservations and we will be calling to convert those to orders the 1st week of November.

October 26th, December 2021, and now February.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
4 more days, boys and girls. 4 more days then we'll know for sure.

My dealer still says it will still open up on the 26th. And I was told I'm number 27. So I expect to get a '23 model. No rush.

Sponsored

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
The lack of communication from Ford makes me think 10/26 isn’t happening. These dealers may know what they’re talking about…

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
I still dont see the Lightning arriving before the fourth quarter next year. Too many problems with suppliers that cant deliver and that's not going to end any time soon.
Sponsored