• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I don't understand why everyone is talking about going to their dealer to order, you will be able to build and order the truck online and then the dealer just accepts the order.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I don't understand why everyone is talking about going to their dealer to order, you will be able to build and order the truck online and then the dealer just accepts the order.
I don't understand it either!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That's what everyone needs to hear on a 100K truck. Not much recourse if it's wrong
I don't understand it either!
Because by submitting an order without looking at all available options, regardless of trim level, it means they can post that they ordered one sooner. They'll win the internet for that day.

Jokes on them. It doesn't matter how quickly you order one if scheduling is months out.

Sponsored

WillProgram4Cash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning (CANCELED)
I called Ford yesterday and after being transferred about 3 times I was told that the online order/configuration would be available on Oct 26, 2021. I have the option of building it online myself then going to the dealer to finalize the deal or doing everything at the dealer.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Because by submitting an order without looking at all available options, regardless of trim level, it means they can post that they ordered one sooner. They'll win the internet for that day.
Don't get it. Are you saying that Ford will have some super secret options that only the dealer's sales droids will know about?
Jokes on them. It doesn't matter how quickly you order one if scheduling is months out.
I am not retired, so going to the dealer to spend hours talking to the the sales droid for several hours, will cost me hundreds of dollars. Why would a sane person want to do that.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
That's what everyone needs to hear on a 100K truck. Not much recourse if it's wrong
Why worry about the details? It's only money...?

This is not going to be like the traditional f150 customize every detail ordering model. You're going to have the trim levels and a few basic options - that's it.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
That Reuters article is BS.
Agreed. It made it seem like there was a surprising amount of pushback, but there wasn't really anything that supported that.

Ford and anyone with a brain at all realizes some people would be hesitant until they had more info than we have now, plus with a ~$4500 tax credit bump in limbo, *some* people being in a "wait and see" mode isn't surprising whatsoever.

I got a call from my dealer today. He said orders will begin in February. Jerry's Ford in Leesburg.
If InsideEVs reads this, they can write another article with a headline confidently claiming a date change based on a single dealer with no backup evidence whatsoever!

Oh, and then they can make the 15,000 trucks in 2022 claim again even though Darren Palmer literally said the number was inaccurate in THEIR OWN INSIDEEVs PODCAST a few weeks ago.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Don't get it. Are you saying that Ford will have some super secret options that only the dealer's sales droids will know about?
Tell me what the options are and I'll give you my opinion.

There are over 2 Billion ways to order an F150. And that is knowing what the options are. How many ways can you configure a Lightning? Nobody can answer that question and pointing to an email survey of possible configurations is not an order guide.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Sure, I believe it is possible for Ford to create a robust and granular customer build process. But I don't think it will be nearly as much as the ordinary F150 simply because a huge percentage of those options don't apply.

Just the wheelbase/cab/bed and drivetrain options alone are not applicable. That's a huge simplification.

Go to Ford site and build a Mach-E
It's AMAZINGLY finite compared to building an F150.

I suspect the Lightning is far more similar to the Mach-E than the F150 ICE process

Last edited:

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
from a bronco order holder… welcome to the ford reservation gamezzzzzzzzz

Kevv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Range Rover Infiniti Bronco
Occupation
Retired
I haven't heard anything from my dealer. Im a first night first couple minutes reservation
I Just took delivery of my 2021 Bronco last week from same dealer

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tell me what the options are and I'll give you my opinion.

There are over 2 Billion ways to order an F150. And that is knowing what the options are. How many ways can you configure a Lightning? Nobody can answer that question and pointing to an email survey of possible configurations is not an order guide.
Sure, to start with F150 has 8 trims vs 4 for Lightning. Not counting stripped chassis. Most of the Lightning options are identified in the spec sheet. That's not an email survey. On top of that, if I discover some option that I absolutely must have before Lightning is scheduled for production, I should be able to update my configuration.

Also, pretty sure that 2 Billion is a huge exaggeration. That's more than 2,000 times the total annual sales of F150.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Also, pretty sure that 2 Billion is a huge exaggeration. That's more than 2,000 times the total annual sales of F150.
I think you misunderstood. They're saying there's over 2 billion possible configurations of trims and options.
Sponsored