Expired BlueCruise

PaulO

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 PB
I just bought a 2022 PB that has active bluecruise but I haven’t been able to use it because I see the hands free maps expired in October 2022.

I have the automatic update’s enabled and everything says it’s up to date. Has anyone figured out another way to fix this? I really don’t want to go to my dealership to get this done.
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I just bought a 2022 PB that has active bluecruise but I haven’t been able to use it because I see the hands free maps expired in October 2022.

I have the automatic update’s enabled and everything says it’s up to date. Has anyone figured out another way to fix this? I really don’t want to go to my dealership to get this done.
There were a couple of OTAs that pushed the expiration date forward on the BC trucks. It sounds like you haven't received them. There is no way to force the OTAs to the truck.

I would start by requesting someone to check your ota status at the thread below. You'll then know what was missed or pending as far as OTA's . rugedraw is the guy you want to ask.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/request-vin-lookup-thread.13393/

If OTAs are not working and you're hesitant about you're dealer performing the work, you can go the DIY method with FDRS as most of us are doing here. There's an extensive thread on this as well with many people that are willing to help.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
There was a September expiration date and the last BC map expiration date was 12/10. The date in About Sync uses a different format and it shows up as 10/12/22. I believe the current expiration date is in April, but I'd have to double check. Mine was delivered with maps that had been expired for 3 months due to chip hold. I waited several weeks with no luck from OTA's taking care of the issue. I had it taken care of with file downloaded to USB and manually installed. Another guy on here in almost the exact same situation, had his issue resolved by OTA after waiting a couple of weeks after expiration. My next map update came in a few days after the expiration and the most recent one showed up before the maps expired.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yes, my truck WAS set to December 10th until a recent update of some kind that I was unaware of. Or at least the date was extended at a moment that I was NOT doing anything to the truck to account for the change. (April 13 2023)

Ford F-150 Expired BlueCruise 20221123_204820

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Send me your vin Ill send you the update

Sponsored

JohnC

First Name
JohnC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Hi Jesse @Jesse-Infotainment
Could you also take a look at my VIN please? Blue cruise does not work and the dealer is not excited about looking at it. I'm not sure if it's related, but the truck is also having trouble with 3.5.5. It failed for the last 5 nights in a row. Thanks!!
John
VIN: 1FTVW1EV8NWG01420

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Could you also take a look at my VIN please? Blue cruise does not work and the dealer is not excited about looking at it. I'm not sure if it's related, but the truck is also having trouble with 3.5.5. It failed for the last 5 nights in a row. Thanks!!
John
Are you sure it's Power Up 3.5.5? No F150 has gotten a revision with that number, and actually I don't think any Mach E or Lightning has either...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
John
Youre in a tough situation. the update has been installed but the date hasnt rolled over. It installed via OTA in October. Not much can be done at this point unfortunately. Youre the third person in this situation I have run into. For the lightning the only fix is to get the latest Gateway update installed but it wont release until the other updates are installed.

That would be your only hope at this point

Are you sure it's Power Up 3.5.5? No F150 has gotten a revision with that number, and actually I don't think any Mach E or Lightning has either...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History
Yeah it is.. its the SOBDMC,SOBDMB,PCM,BECM

JohnC

First Name
JohnC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thanks @Jesse-Infotainment
I appreciate you looking into that for me. What should I do next? Should I bring it to the dealership and explain this? Would it help?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks @Jesse-Infotainment
I appreciate you looking into that for me. What should I do next? Should I bring it to the dealership and explain this? Would it help?
I cant really say. Most dealers are pretty bad. they dont want to hear it . When you mention a forum they immediately start closing their ears and say one of those people.

Dealers wont do updates for anything either. They also dont understand that some updates have to be done for others to become available. They will most likely IF they even hook up look and say SEE there is no gateway update. Not knowing they have to install a couple updates to get it to show.

If it were available I would have no issue sending it.

JohnC

First Name
JohnC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I cant really say. Most dealers are pretty bad. they dont want to hear it . When you mention a forum they immediately start closing their ears and say one of those people.

Dealers wont do updates for anything either. They also dont understand that some updates have to be done for others to become available. They will most likely IF they even hook up look and say SEE there is no gateway update. Not knowing they have to install a couple updates to get it to show.

If it were available I would have no issue sending it.
Thanks Jesse. I'm new to this. Do I just wait for an update to become available? If so, how do I know when abd where to look? Or is it just bricked for good? I appreciate all the knowledge you are passing along.
John

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks Jesse. I'm new to this. Do I just wait for an update to become available? If so, how do I know when abd where to look? Or is it just bricked for good? I appreciate all the knowledge you are passing along.
John
Updates come available as they install. You can try to wait. If you have the ability and or budget I would suggest you buy the things to have the ability to update the truck yourself. That is about a $650 spend. To me it makes sense because the min time a dealer will have your truck is a week.. maybe more. How much does your truck cost a month and how much loss of use

If its in the budget its a no brainer.

JohnC

First Name
JohnC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Updates come available as they install. You can try to wait. If you have the ability and or budget I would suggest you buy the things to have the ability to update the truck yourself. That is about a $650 spend. To me it makes sense because the min time a dealer will have your truck is a week.. maybe more. How much does your truck cost a month and how much loss of use

If its in the budget its a no brainer.
That makes a ton of sense to me Jesse. I would absolutely love to be able to update and fix this thing on my own. I know we ask a lot from you, but would you mind telling me what to get so I can solve this?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That makes a ton of sense to me Jesse. I would absolutely love to be able to update and fix this thing on my own. I know we ask a lot from you, but would you mind telling me what to get so I can solve this?
We have a thread all about it.. It contains a tremendous amount of real life real world information you could ever hope for.

Here is the link and read post one. It is the "Handbook" for doing it yourself. Please read it thoroughly. Once you get the ability you become hooked and immediately feel more empowered and knowledgeable about your vehicle.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/
Sponsored