Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Jesse IS blue, in so many ways.

Mr. Bluecruise (as attested by many)

A Blue Oval first responder volunteer

And relief for so many with the OTA blues.

Sorry, couldn't resist :)
The Robin Hood of updates. Takes from Ford and gives to the technologically poor.

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I appreciate the words. I do. I’m glad I can help and things have been going smoothly with people after my vent.

I’m also glad to see some people see their date change finally. I hope ford starts to hit a stride soon. It’s going onto the third MY of the 14Gen F150 and problems still persist.

When the OTAs work it’s great.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I appreciate the words. I do. I’m glad I can help and things have been going smoothly with people after my vent.

I’m also glad to see some people see their date change finally. I hope ford starts to hit a stride soon. It’s going onto the third MY of the 14Gen F150 and problems still persist.

When the OTAs work it’s great.
They've already spied the 2024 F150 that's being refreshed in camo. Their focus is elsewhere, imo. Hopefully for us, they will have the same OTA system in those. If they do go to the new Android platform like it's been rumored, you know these trucks will be left on the back burner.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Are you saying that if the APIM is running on Android that 1.5 million 2021-2023 F150's (as well as ALL the other Fords with Sync4) are not a risk to Ford?

I'm disappointed in Ford's OTA prowess at this point too. But I'm not quite that pessimistic yet. 🤣

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Are you saying that if the APIM is running on Android that 1.5 million 2021-2023 F150's (as well as ALL the other Fords with Sync4) are not a risk to Ford?

I'm disappointed in Ford's OTA prowess at this point too. But I'm not quite that pessimistic yet. 🤣
Problem is, how many of these 1.5 million + even know they have an issue? I can tell you there aren't 1.5 million people on this forum talking about not having updates. Most of those trucks don't have BC or 360 cameras, so not getting updates is not an issue because what are you really missing OTA if you bought a truck without the bells and whistles?

Plus, in our case, it's the 2021 job 1 owners that are having most of the problem. Job 2 2021 owners and up got all their goodies already. The issue here isn't 1.5 million F150 owners not getting 3.5.3......it's the ones that paid for BC and 360 cameras and still don't have them which is a small fraction of that number.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
OK. Good points.

But once all the Bluecruise capable Job1 2021's are updated, to software versions that have been available for quite some time already, they WILL have Bluecruise. So what would Ford owe them in 2024 or later?

I think Ford has every intention of giving the latest and greatest (at this time) versions to even the oldest Gen14 built truck. (even if the owner doesn't have a clue about it)

3.5.2 was intended for Job1 2021 trucks, with the same promises of what that update's purpose is. (Alexa and Full Screen CP/AA)
Edit: Preparation for further updates that would bring Alexa and full screen CP/AA

Of course whether Ford ever figures out HOW to get that software ON the Job1 2021 truck is another subject. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
They've already spied the 2024 F150 that's being refreshed in camo. Their focus is elsewhere, imo. Hopefully for us, they will have the same OTA system in those. If they do go to the new Android platform like it's been rumored, you know these trucks will be left on the back burner.
Android OS has been delayed

Sponsored

se7entys

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
IT
Yes send your vin.. SO I can make the update and have it. in case the fix I haev gets shut out some how

I dont htink the BT OBD link will be anissue. sHould be fine.

Thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment. Popped in my update on the weekend and the Hands Free date updated within a half hour. Thanks for the help! What a good group here!

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Problem is, how many of these 1.5 million + even know they have an issue? I can tell you there aren't 1.5 million people on this forum talking about not having updates. Most of those trucks don't have BC or 360 cameras, so not getting updates is not an issue because what are you really missing OTA if you bought a truck without the bells and whistles?

Plus, in our case, it's the 2021 job 1 owners that are having most of the problem. Job 2 2021 owners and up got all their goodies already. The issue here isn't 1.5 million F150 owners not getting 3.5.3......it's the ones that paid for BC and 360 cameras and still don't have them which is a small fraction of that number.
I’m a 21 job 2 owner that has been stuck on 2.7.4 since 6/18/22. I feel like Ford should meet their obligations of providing the OTA updates without me having to spend more money pursuing Bluecruise. I have gone through the BBB and have gotten no results. I’m at the point now of filing a claim against Ford through the small claims court. But I’m not sure l want to expend any more effort!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’m a 21 job 2 owner that has been stuck on 2.7.4 since 6/18/22. I feel like Ford should meet their obligations of providing the OTA updates without me having to spend more money pursuing Bluecruise. I have gone through the BBB and have gotten no results. I’m at the point now of filing a claim against Ford through the small claims court. But I’m not sure l want to expend any more effort!
That's the same IPC update my truck was stuck on when I gave in and did it myself with Jesse's help. No need for you to spend your money, though. At least not a lot of it. I loaned out my Mongoose to one member and am sending it to another member tomorrow so he can update his truck. I'd be happy to do the same to you if you are inclined to do so.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/community-mongoose-thread.13145/

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
I have gone through the BBB and have gotten no results.
Waste of time. The BBB doesn't do what it used to do (act as an independent arbiter on behalf of consumers). Those day are long gone. Today, all they do is collect money from the very businesses that they are being watchdogs against. Their reputation and trustworth "rating system" favors those who pay membership fees.

I’m at the point now of filing a claim against Ford through the small claims court. But I’m not sure l want to expend any more effort!
Another waste of time.

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That's the same IPC update my truck was stuck on when I gave in and did it myself with Jesse's help. No need for you to spend your money, though. At least not a lot of it. I loaned out my Mongoose to one member and am sending it to another member tomorrow so he can update his truck. I'd be happy to do the same to you if you are inclined to do so.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/community-mongoose-thread.13145/
I appreciate the offer but I’m going to keep on trying to get Ford to meet their obligations. At this point, I don’t care about Bluecruise anymore, I just want a refund for the Prep Package!
Sponsored