Sponsored

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
Updated the APIM on my 22 302a and all went well. It wound up taking over 2 hours to download and copy 38 files to the USB so i disconnected the truck and let the laptop finish inside overnight. Kept the same FDRS session open and reconnected when the APIM update finished. All file checks and configuration passed, then a TCU update popped up and I did that too.

Im surprised to see my Forscan changes to the APIM have persisted through the update. The unreal engine active and climate controls are still there.
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Updated the APIM on my 22 302a and all went well. It wound up taking over 2 hours to download and copy 38 files to the USB so i disconnected the truck and let the laptop finish inside overnight. Kept the same FDRS session open and reconnected when the APIM update finished. All file checks and configuration passed, then a TCU update popped up and I did that too.

Im surprised to see my Forscan changes to the APIM have persisted through the update. The unreal engine active and climate controls are still there.
How long before the updates were the changes made in FORScan?

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
On second look nevermind. After another reboot it was back to stock. Strange.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Only The Shadow knows for sure...lol
Just us OLD folks will understand this comment....lmao
HA! I bought the episodes of The Shadow, Green Hornet and The Whisperer! I loaded them on an ExFat formated USB drive and with any luck it will work in my 2022 Lariat when I go to pick it up from Granger, hopefully soon. These will be for passing the time on the drive home, 1100 miles. :)

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
How long before the updates were the changes made in FORScan?
I was/have been curious about that same. When I did my updates, all my asbuilt came over just fine, but it had been a while before that since I made any changes. However when I did some of my buddies updates, did a network scan first thing, then did a few updates, and it took everything back to stock that I had changed right before the scan. I wonder if for some, maybe do a network scan, then give it a good 24 hours, then come back and start updating if you don't want to lose your latest asbuilt changes?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I was/have been curious about that same. When I did my updates, all my asbuilt came over just fine, but it had been a while before that since I made any changes. However when I did some of my buddies updates, did a network scan first thing, then did a few updates, and it took everything back to stock that I had changed right before the scan. I wonder if for some, maybe do a network scan, then give it a good 24 hours, then come back and start updating if you don't want to lose your latest asbuilt changes?
I wish we could figure out what triggers as-built updates with Ford proper, but if the collective group on the forum can’t figure it out, it must really be a mystery lol. There’s ALOT of brainpower on here

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I wish we could figure out what triggers as-built updates with Ford proper, but if the collective group on the forum can’t figure it out, it must really be a mystery lol. There’s ALOT of brainpower on here
Haha you would think. I know that running a network scan in FDRS will update it all on the backside values, just not sure on the turn around on that as to when you can then program those right back with the correct values. Might be a few hours, a day, two days? Not exactly sure so might warrant some investigation just to try out. Change just one thing someplace, network scan, then keep updating that module until it gets programmed with that new value.
OTA is a whole different animal I believe, there it's really hard to tell when the truck connects to the mothership and updates its asbuilt. As it's not when it does OTA update, it can do it sporadically from what I've seen.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
So I made 1 change in forscan on my truck on 11/04/22 to enable unreal mode in sync. I have since pulled my as built from the motorcraft site every day at 8:00 am when I get to work. As of today the change has not propagated up to the motorcraft site. When it does ill let you all know.

ThunderKat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My last update was a month ago for 3.5.2. I really want to manually update up to get full screen CarPlay. Before I spend another $50, can anyone check if there are modules available to update? Or how is everyone doing it manually?

Thanks in Advance!
VIN: 1FTFW1E80MFA32625

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My last update was a month ago for 3.5.2. I really want to manually update up to get full screen CarPlay. Before I spend another $50, can anyone check if there are modules available to update? Or how is everyone doing it manually?

Thanks in Advance!
VIN: 1FTFW1E80MFA32625
You'll need to make the update with fdrs , after doing so you will then be able to update your TCU this will bring you to 3.5.4 or .5 im not sure. For android auto full screen is not available until Google releases cool walk. With car play im not sure if you'll then have full screen or not.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If Ford Sync4/Android Auto/Carplay had been released with Full Screen ONLY, and suddenly update 9.x.x came out and enabled Side Card/Screen sharing, it would be all the rage. 🤣

Finally I can see Navigation map and Spotify simultaneously!

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If Ford Sync4/Android Auto/Carplay had been released with Full Screen ONLY, and suddenly update 9.x.x came out and enabled Side Card/Screen sharing, it would be all the rage. 🤣

I think everyone is gone for turkey day! Can you help a fellow texan @ThunderKat and let him know what other updates he may have pending.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think everyone is gone for turkey day! Can you help a fellow texan @ThunderKat and let him know what other updates he may have pending.
You'd be a tough one to turn down.
And you aren't even a fellow Texan. 🤣

I'll login as soon as I get to the RV

ThunderKat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

You'd be a tough one to turn down.
And you aren't even a fellow Texan. 🤣

I'll login as soon as I get to the RV
Thanks that would be great! 90% of the time I’m only using one screen, sometimes it’s Spotify on both left and right. But there are times when towing I would definitely switch out off full screen for the side card cameras and nav. Also, the more I utilize this Mongoose, the more I can justify spending my kids Christmas present money on it.
Sponsored