BI Developer

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
This may be a dumb question, but can the mongoose also be used to make FORScan changes? I assume it can, but I’d hate to screw something up

Sponsored

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
Trying to decide if going this route is worth it. I don't have access to the ATT network and where I park I don't have wifi signal. Multiple times on vacations I have left the truck parked for several days connected to wifi and it never pulled an update. I also cannot activate it in Fordpass Connect due to no ATT network.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 18.24.24

If I choose to drop the $500+ on Mongoose and $50 for the 2 day pass, can I go straight to the last updates? Or do I have to do them incrementally? I don't have a battery maintainer or Windows laptop, so I'll have some extra costs, too. Alternative is wait 3+ years to get back to America. I just wish there was a simpler way, like a USB.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Trying to decide if going this route is worth it. I don't have access to the ATT network and where I park I don't have wifi signal. Multiple times on vacations I have left the truck parked for several days connected to wifi and it never pulled an update. I also cannot activate it in Fordpass Connect due to no ATT network.

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 18.24.24.png

If I choose to drop the $500+ on Mongoose and $50 for the 2 day pass, can I go straight to the last updates? Or do I have to do them incrementally? I don't have a battery maintainer or Windows laptop, so I'll have some extra costs, too. Alternative is wait 3+ years to get back to America. I just wish there was a simpler way, like a USB.
I’m fairly certain you have to do them incrementally. And some updates, like APIM and I believe GWM also require a USB on top of the FDRS and mongoose cable. It’s not cheap upfront, but I’ve used it on both of my vehicles and I tend to purchase mostly Fords, so it’ll be useable into the future as well, which is another thing to consider with the cost

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 18.24.24.png

Are you having problems with your truck that will be fixed with a software update? Is full screen Apple CarPlay important to you? I assume Bluecruise is not available where you are, right? If having a fully updated truck is important to you the cost is probably worth it but the major reason everyone has invested into this process was for Bluecruise.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
No bluecruise. Mostly for the full screen carplay.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Are you having problems with your truck that will be fixed with a software update? Is full screen Apple CarPlay important to you? I assume Bluecruise is not available where you are, right? If having a fully updated truck is important to you the cost is probably worth it but the major reason everyone has invested into this process was for Bluecruise.
I did it mostly because I wanted a fully updated explorer ST and F150.

probably wasn’t exactly a worthwhile investment for me, but I certainly don’t regret it. Especially knowing my next several cars will also likely be Fords and will be able to be used on them as well.

but your point is very valid

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
No bluecruise. Mostly for the full screen carplay.
If you use CarPlay A LOT it may be worth it, I haven’t used it once though, except to see the full screen carplay

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I did it mostly because I wanted a fully updated explorer ST and F150.

probably wasn’t exactly a worthwhile investment for me, but I certainly don’t regret it. Especially knowing my next several cars will also likely be Fords and will be able to be used on them as well.

but your point is very valid
I actually never use Bluecruise after the expense of getting everything and pretty much always have my screen on the factory navigation even though I have the latest full screen CarPlay update completed. I still like knowing my truck is up to date thought even though the features are nothing I use in daily life.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I actually never use Bluecruise after the expense of getting everything and pretty much always have my screen on the factory navigation even though I have the latest full screen CarPlay update completed. I still like knowing my truck is up to date thought even though the features are nothing I use in daily life.
Of all the updates I eventually applied to my 2021 Powerboost (24 updates in total), I believe the updates relating to PCM/TCM/ABS... etc, ended up what improved the ownership experience most. The truck simply improved drivability and was a nicer truck to drive.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Of all the updates I eventually applied to my 2021 Powerboost (24 updates in total), I believe the updates relating to PCM/TCM/ABS... etc, ended up what improved the ownership experience most. The truck simply improved drivability and was a nicer truck to drive.
None of those updates did much for my diesel truck and the transmission is acting like its usual garbage self again lately with the colder weather. I wish an update would actually fix the rough shifting nature of these poorly designed transmissions.