Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I got my laptop and charger, but not receiving my Mongoose cable until Monday. I installed the Opus Driver from the link, which was an old version and proceeded to update to the latest. I then downloaded the FDRS software and installed, but it said that my VCI driver is an old version. Does anyone know what this is about? In the FDRS package there was also a 64 to 32 bit bridge. Is that something I have to download?

A little confused as to what exactly I need with this FDRS program. Thanks for any advice. I just wanted to have everything straight before I attempt these updates.
The VCI driver is for Ford's VCM interface. You don't really need to install it, but I installed it just to make the software stop asking about it every time I load FDRS.
Sponsored

betathalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
The VCI driver is for Ford's VCM interface. You don't really need to install it, but I installed it just to make the software stop asking about it every time I load FDRS.
Okay, good. I didn’t know if downloading it would screw anything else up. Ill just wait to get the cable and reinstall everything after I activate the cable..

Tungy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor 37 PP
Just picked up my truck from the dealer for warranty work. I had asked them to update 4 modules and they said it was completed, but i don't see the version 22293 - Revision 610. They were suppose to update the APIM/BCM/WACM/PCM

Can someone list the updates available for my truck, so i could see if they did the updates or not.

Much appreciated: 1FTFW1RG1NFC31153

Shyrax

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Limited
Occupation
IT Management
Mongoose should be delivered in a couple days. Looking at my list, what is the suggested order to install these updates?

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1674276539432

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I don't mean to be ding-a-ling here... I'm really trying to follow this... so instead of going to my local Ford dealer to enable all the things I did with FORScan, I can use this "FDRS" procedure/process/software/cable/licensing/juju/etc?

My truck is set for OTA updates but I thought that was only for Sync4 updates?

How do owners get the OTA flash updates? Is this the same as going to a dealer and them flashing you?

Sorry for not knowing this stuff, I'm trying to keep up 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I don't mean to be ding-a-ling here... I'm really trying to follow this... so instead of going to my local Ford dealer to enable all the things I did with FORScan, I can use this "FDRS" procedure/process/software/cable/licensing/juju/etc?
FDRS goes much deeper than most anything offered by FORScan. FDRS actually updates your modules with the latest Ford supplied software. FORScan simply enables you to make changes to SOME of the parameters set up in the software
My truck is set for OTA updates but I thought that was only for Sync4 updates?
There are a few modules that can be updated OTA, but not all of them can (and even those that can doesn't necessarily mean the will). FDRS gives you a lot more control over this
How do owners get the OTA flash updates? Is this the same as going to a dealer and them flashing you?
I am not sure what you mean by flash updates
Sorry for not knowing this stuff, I'm trying to keep up 🤷‍♂️
That's what this thread is for, asking questions for clarification and learning how FDRS works, it is not simple or intuitive

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
The best thing about having a compatible pass-thru (Mongoose or some approved J2534 device) and FDRS access is that you can replace a module and run a PMI (programmable module installation) without needing to fool around with the dealer. This can come in handy when something fails outside of the bumper-to-bumper period or you just want to upgrade functionality.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
So for example, I ordered a trailer brake controller. The install is simple, but my plan was to have my dealer program it. I do use FORScan (bed lights, power folding mirrors, key pad on the B pillar, etc.) but this FDRS setup sounds like it would do what the dealer would do, right?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Actually, with FDRS you will be able to accomplish things that your dealership can't.
Or won't.
Whichever viewpoint applies.

No appointment
No runaround
No invoice

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
The best thing about having a compatible pass-thru (Mongoose or some approved J2534 device) and FDRS access is that you can replace a module and run a PMI (programmable module installation) without needing to fool around with the dealer. This can come in handy when something fails outside of the bumper-to-bumper period or you just want to upgrade functionality.
So, with as many people as have been swapping out HVAC modules, many of us have gotten that dreaded DTC because the module hasn't been programmed. Does the PMI get rid of that DTC?

Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
So, with as many people as have been swapping out HVAC modules, many of us have gotten that dreaded DTC because the module hasn't been programmed. Does the PMI get rid of that DTC?
Theoretically it should as long as there isn't anything electrically wrong with the module.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Theoretically it should as long as there isn't anything electrically wrong with the module.
I remembered reading that some people were having issues because the module wasn't the correct one for the vehicle or something like that

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
i’m glad you asked it specifically. It’s come up various times in threads and it seems to have conflicting responses, Initially it was felt that fdrs could fix the dtc. But twice I’ve seen posts indicating that when adding the digital dials as a replacement for a non digital unit, fdrs would not program the module indicating the unit was not available for that truck.

Insufficient info in those instances if a PMI was run iirc.

@Snakebitten, did you add the digital HVAC to your KR?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@erixgix I have not.
I don't want to put a curse on myself by saying I don't have any plans to, but I don't have any plans currently to. 😁

The recent dramatic price drop makes it considerably more difficult to ignore though.
Sponsored