Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yes, it has the power supply option.
I knew nothing about this charger but it was recommended at the very beginning when this thread was birthed by Iceman.

Who could have ever predicted? Lol
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
By the way, just to prepare for a possible OTA, I fetched the truck out of the barn and parked it on the RV porch on a charger. It was at 12.3 and I'd like to see it up at 12.6 or better just in case.

However, I checked FDRS @Jesse-Infotainment and I still don't see an IPMA for the truck. :)

But maybe I can trigger that TRM BB update to go. Who knows. :)

20220704_100455.jpg
Does your 22 have the larger battery tray like the 21's did. Were you can accommodate the larger battery that they were using with the now defunct diesels

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't know for sure.
I do know it's the 800 battery and if you look closely at the tray there is additional available surface area in all 4 directions. Not a lot, but some.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220704_112102

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I guess they got cheap on mine. I have the 760 with 3 more inches of room to go in the battery box. I might look into getting an 800 like you have. I guess BMS can be programed for it.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220704_122809

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Yes, it has the power supply option.
I knew nothing about this charger but it was recommended at the very beginning when this thread was birthed by Iceman.

Who could have ever predicted? Lol
Found it. So bottom line, put a charge on it before you start, once it gets to like 90% you can switch to PS mode and it will maintain 14.1 volts for programming and vary the amps as necessary. I wondered why I hadn't seen a voltage setting on that one in PS mode like I have on the PL6100.

Learn something everyday...

Attachments

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess they got cheap on mine. I have the 760 with 3 more inches of room to go in the battery box. I might look into getting an 800 like you have. I guess BMS can be programed for it.

20220704_122809.jpg

Hmmmm
That big void is a bit misleading because on the positive end of the tray on my truck is a "module" and its mounting housing. While my battery is bigger than yours in exterior dimensions, I don't think it's as much increased as your photo might imply.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220704_114626

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And then compare that to the Lightning's 12V (Low Voltage Battery-LVB) and you'll see why you need a powersupply to do any programming at all:

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_LVBattery

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So guys, if you are fully up to date through FDRS or possibly even through OTAs I suggest you turn Otas OFF> They have gone form bad to worse. They are sending out OTAs that are really outdated. I dont know what they are trying to do. THere is no excuse for it.

I just Pulled @Big Dog Daddy and he is up to date through FDRS. They just tried to send an OTA for the Gateway. The Update as the AKE files which was 2.1.1 I believe. What a disaster that would have been. He would have gone so backwards. I dont believe Big Dog Daddy Has blue cruise BUT if he di that would have been terminal. He would have lost it and we would have had to fight to get it back. I am sure we could have eventually but I dont know what it would have taken.

So just a suggestion. I feel even if you got updated through OTA there is a chance they will send you an old update.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So guys, if you are fully up to date through FDRS or possibly even through OTAs I suggest you turn Otas OFF> They have gone form bad to worse. They are sending out OTAs that are really outdated. I dont know what they are trying to do. THere is no excuse for it.

I just Pulled @Big Dog Daddy and he is up to date through FDRS. They just tried to send an OTA for the Gateway. The Update as the AKE files which was 2.1.1 I believe. What a disaster that would have been. He would have gone so backwards. I dont believe Big Dog Daddy Has blue cruise BUT if he di that would have been terminal. He would have lost it and we would have had to fight to get it back. I am sure we could have eventually but I dont know what it would have taken.

So just a suggestion. I feel even if you got updated through OTA there is a chance they will send you an old update.
Off and staying off!! FDRS is worth the cost of not having a borked truck.

Mike

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I consider that an official public service announcement. Thanks!

I'd like to think that Ford will catch this sooner than later because it can't possibly go unnoticed for long. It will definitely cause a meeting or 2 at OTA HQ. Lol

Sponsored

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I consider that an official public service announcement. Thanks!

I'd like to think that Ford will catch this sooner than later because it can't possibly go unnoticed for long. It will definitely cause a meeting or 2 at OTA HQ. Lol
Wonder how long it'll take em to fix all of the trucks that are gonna be screwed up. It was trying to take me backwards from OTAs I actually received and didn't use FDRS for smh. What a CF.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a question and this looks like the perfect place...

During some module programming procedures there is a troubleshooting section usually at the end of the procedural steps section that talks about things like making sure you have a fully charged battery and are using a 'Rotunda' powersuppy or battery charger, etc. And then it talks about if the SOC is low to charge the battery "and/or" go into the BCM section and run the battery learned values reset tool.

Why do you not just want to make sure the battery is fully charged, or to ask another way, what does resetting the battery monitor learned values in the BCM do for you?

I always just make sure the battery is fully charged and have never reset that, so that's why I'm asking.

Mike

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It could be that if the SOC was altered artificially, meaning external by you using a charger, the onboard battery management algorithm might not account for it.

Similar to replacing a battery with a new one..... If the onboard management system isn't informed of the new battery, it might take a while for it to adjust or recognize the new battery condition.

An oil change algorithm needs to be reset as well because it is unaware that the truck has fresh oil. Admittedly not a perfect comparison, but it is similar.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It could be that if the SOC was altered artificially, meaning external by you using a charger, the onboard battery management algorithm might not account for it.

Similar to replacing a battery with a new one..... If the onboard management system isn't informed of the new battery, it might take a while for it to adjust or recognize the new battery condition.

An oil change algorithm needs to be reset as well because it is unaware that the truck has fresh oil. Admittedly not a perfect comparison, but it is similar.
You mean by putting the jumper on the negative battery terminal instead of on the ground point where it belongs right?

Just seems strange to wipe out learned values like that when the system checks to make sure the SOC is above 80% before programming steps. Like resetting that puts it back to 100% or something?

I'll just continue on with doing a brief charge up before I start programming like I have been.

Thanks for the info though.

Mike