Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You mean by putting the jumper on the negative battery terminal instead of on the ground point where it belongs right?

Just seems strange to wipe out learned values like that when the system checks to make sure the SOC is above 80% before programming steps. Like resetting that puts it back to 100% or something?

I'll just continue on with doing a brief charge up before I start programming like I have been.

Thanks for the info though.

Mike
I honestly don't know how sophisticated the Battery Management System is, but it appears to be far more than just reading the current SOC. I'm sure we would be impressed with how many parameters actually come into play, whether it works as intended or not. :)

Nothing wrong with charging your battery!
I have a 17 year old Porsche with Battery Management and if I don't keep it trickle charged it can behave like it's demon possessed. Lol

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Thanks Jesse
OTA is now OFF! You are correct, the truck does not have blue cruise. I'm now not sure what to do about the attempted update. I take it that this nightmare has been downloaded is now sitting in the GWM waiting. Should it be cleared somehow? Can it be cleared?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Is there a way we can report this to Ford's developer team via something more useful than @Ford Motor Company ?
My hope is that some engineer at Ford reads these and the Mach E forums to keep up with what I would called more advanced cutting edge users and spot potential problems.

Then again, maybe they don't give a crap :oops:

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I honestly don't know how sophisticated the Battery Management System is, but it appears to be far more than just reading the current SOC. I'm sure we would be impressed with how many parameters actually come into play, whether it works as intended or not. :)

Nothing wrong with charging your battery!
I have a 17 year old Porsche with Battery Management and if I don't keep it trickle charged it can behave like it's demon possessed. Lol
I don’t know whether I would call it “sophisticated,” but the BMS is what can put the truck into deep sleep. That’s why some of the service procedure bulletins relating to module programming will caution against putting a battery charger on the negative terminal. Any disruption in the current between the negative terminal and the BMS sensor can cause the BMS to think that the voltage has dropped which can fool it into thinking an immediate deep sleep is required. Very bad if this happens in the middle of module programming.

Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
So guys, if you are fully up to date through FDRS or possibly even through OTAs I suggest you turn Otas OFF> They have gone form bad to worse. They are sending out OTAs that are really outdated. I dont know what they are trying to do. THere is no excuse for it.

I just Pulled @Big Dog Daddy and he is up to date through FDRS. They just tried to send an OTA for the Gateway. The Update as the AKE files which was 2.1.1 I believe. What a disaster that would have been. He would have gone so backwards. I dont believe Big Dog Daddy Has blue cruise BUT if he di that would have been terminal. He would have lost it and we would have had to fight to get it back. I am sure we could have eventually but I dont know what it would have taken.

So just a suggestion. I feel even if you got updated through OTA there is a chance they will send you an old update.
Thanks Jessie-

I was hoping you or one of the other experts would do this. Here's my evidence. Currently at 2.8.3 with BC and here's what's in the queue.....OTO's will stay off on my truck for a while.

Best

Jeff C

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_2048.PNG

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks Jessie-

I was hoping you or one of the other experts would do this. Here's my evidence. Currently at 2.8.3 with BC and here's what's in the queue.....OTO's will stay off on my truck for a while.

Best

Jeff C

IMG_2048.PNG
Wow. You would be exactly in the situation I mentioned if that came through

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Wow. You would be exactly in the situation I mentioned if that came through
Yes, I dodged a bullet here and I'm not sure how. I had OTA's set up every night at 02:00. Perhaps because I had not started the truck for several days and the battery voltage was too low. Guess I got lucky.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Apim isn’t the gat
Just curious, why didn't I get completely wrecked like you describe? You were able to give me a quick fix via the APIM update.
Apim isn’t the gateway. Gateway were to downgrade that could pull bluecruise from the connected services. Gateway is way more of a involved modules than the apim

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Apim isn’t the gat

Apim isn’t the gateway. Gateway were to downgrade that could pull bluecruise from the connected services. Gateway is way more of a involved modules than the apim
Ohhhhh gotcha, so I got freaking lucky then.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes, I dodged a bullet here and I'm not sure how. I had OTA's set up every night at 02:00. Perhaps because I had not started the truck for several days and the battery voltage was too low. Guess I got lucky.
Yeah. Would have been a disaster in my estimation

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Yeah. Gateway would have rolled back it could have been a disaster trying to get moved back.
It has either happened to someone, or is about to happen to someone.

I thought mine was just a fluke but now we got 3 confirmed members on here with potential downgrades almost pushed to them.
Sponsored