Disappointed in B&O Unleashed

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Sirius uses satellites to broadcast signals to terrestrial receivers. The satellites orbit far above the earth, on the order of thousands of miles. The satellites can't transmit with the same bandwidth or power of FM radio or other systems located on earth and perhaps only a few miles away from your car's radio.

If you were to stream Sirius on the mobile app, which is not going through the satellites, connected to your car's radio via a lighting or USB cable the sound quality would be much better.

Spotify has good sound quality depending on your subscription level. But don't expect great sound quality, for example, if you're using Bluetooth to stream from your phone to the car's radio because the Bluetooth connection is likely reducing the quality of the Spotify audio.

There are lots of variables in play, and it's not necessarily the source from Sirius (well, it is in the case of satellite radio), Spotify, Tidal or whatever that's the weak link in sound quality.
Thanks for the info,
I appreciate it..
I now know much more than I did..
Will try the USB cable tomorrow.
Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
P.S. I put my ears directly up against the head rest and could easily hear the sound coming from each of the two headrest speakers for both driver and passenger. Tilting the headrest had no effect on sound for me.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
P.S. I put my ears directly up against the head rest and could easily hear the sound coming from each of the two headrest speakers for both driver and passenger. Tilting the headrest had no effect on sound for me.
I find the same..

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Yes a huge library for premium account.
But see nothing indicating it's a premium account.
Other than the unlimited music collection.
Still haven't tested the Android Auto with the USB cable.
I have a month to decide if I keep it.
I have Sirius so may drop one of them then, undecided.
Yes a huge library for premium account.
But see nothing indicating it's a premium account.
Other than the unlimited music collection.
Still haven't tested the Android Auto with the USB cable.
I have a month to decide if I keep it.
I have Sirius so may drop one of them then, undecided.
When I said larger music files, I was referring to each song was larger data file less compressed and more detail in it when you get it from Spotify Premium instead of basic Spotify. Maybe I am wrong but I thought this was why "premium" was more money.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
I believe these are on the phone app settings
I don't see a playback under settings on my iphone X that match the settings FirstF150 talked about. Any help? I have Spotify Premium with iphone X and unleashed B&O.....and I confuse easily...lol

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I don't see a playback under settings on my iphone X that match the settings FirstF150 talked about. Any help? I have Spotify Premium with iphone X and unleashed B&O.....and I confuse easily...lol
No idea I don't have either LOL

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
Weird. I find CarPlay and FM radio the best. Sirius XM stations definitely don’t sound as good for me and are more tinny/faint.
I was listening to a live rock concert the other night on Xm radio and got the best sound I ever heard out of the B&O system it was really awesome from all angles and speakers. Have not been able to duplicate it since.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Spotify
Set all to very loud and and audio quality

Set wifi and cellular streaming to
Very high

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
For u spotify user's...under the home button..settings this is where u can see the adjustment options...does help in quality.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yup- still love the system. Sat in the truck last night to finally get my garage door opener. Played a lil Billy Currington - People are Crazy via CarPlay. This system is incredible!

Also, to really verify if your headrest speakers are on, I realized if you actually press (not just turn) your ear into the outer edge of each side of the headrest you can hear the speakers distinctly.

Love it!

Sponsored

OFFICERHORN

First Name
ROBBY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 XLT LARIAT POWERBOOST
Occupation
PUBLIC SERVICE
anyone else have any of their B&O speakers sound like they are blown? my passenger side rear door sometimes sounds like it is blown, and other times sounds fine. I almost think maybe there is some kind of interference. I have called Ford and they said they have never had a speaker come back busted or any kind of wiring issue just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

RogueCow

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Ford Powertrain Engineer
anyone else have any of their B&O speakers sound like they are blown? my passenger side rear door sometimes sounds like it is blown, and other times sounds fine. I almost think maybe there is some kind of interference. I have called Ford and they said they have never had a speaker come back busted or any kind of wiring issue just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Its probably your headrest speakers. Mine distort above 25 volume level and sound like someone is crinkling a shopping bag behind me....

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
Sooooo......in order for my Spotify premium from iphone X to give best signal to unleashed B&O system, I should turn off bluetooth and plug into usb with cord from iphone? Because just plugging it in will not switch bluetooth to wired carplay? Is this correct? Thanks!

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
I have noticed some random blown speaker sounds from the one in the roof above my head, but its never consistent. Can't figure it out...

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
I was listening to a live rock concert the other night on Xm radio and got the best sound I ever heard out of the B&O system it was really awesome from all angles and speakers. Have not been able to duplicate it since.
Certain live stuff sounds really excellent and other sounds muddy. More recent music has probably been mixed for surround vs just stereo.

I've been traveling around with both back seats up and that makes a difference in sound (subwoofer exposed?). For acoustic jazz or "several people in a wood-lined room" music it seems to sound better. Part of it might be there's just a lot empty space (versus previous smaller cars) and that recreates the studio space better?
Sponsored