Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I was told if you do have a VIN in the order system your truck will be built this year now will be it a 21 or 22 who knows ?:) going on my 4th push back by the way, from 9/20 to 10/25 to 11/1 to
11/15 now.
Anyone know - Does Ford just continue production or will there be downtime before production continues into 2022?
Sponsored

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport (order), 17 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
VP of Construction
I texted my dealer about my 21 Lariat Sport order (ordered July 21, build date 9/1/21, blend date 9/2/21, in production) to inquire about this.
His statement was, yes they're going to be pushing some later orders to 22.
He also said, I have a Vin and build date... Mine will be in 21.

Rader398

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F150. 2001 Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Not looking forward to telling a customer who placed an order in February that his truck won’t get built unless we move it to 22.
Ordered mine in April and that’s what I expect to hear in the near future but of course can’t get confirmation on that from the dealer!

Sponsored

Thinbluef150

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Police Officer
I picked up my truck on 8/24. While at the dealer, I ordered a Bronco Sport for the girlfriend. I texted the dealer today and asked for the VIN. He advised that no VIN has been assigned and the order has been bumped to 2022.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Gonna be really upset if I get kicked to '22 and miss out on the 0.99% financing on the '21. Dealer predicting 3.5% for the '22.

I've got absolutely no info to go off of, dealer's taking a "no news is good news" approach to this, which isn't giving me much confidence.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Gonna be really upset if I get kicked to '22 and miss out on the 0.99% financing on the '21. Dealer predicting 3.5% for the '22.

I've got absolutely no info to go off of, dealer's taking a "no news is good news" approach to this, which isn't giving me much confidence.
Dealer predicting 3.5% for the '22.
Go see a credit union, not sure where your dealer got that number from but it sounds like a scare tactic.

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
So after reading many of the posts on this site I sent a few questions to my dealer about orders and such. I have a f150 platinum on order and asked if he could clear up the process: would unscheduled orders get automatically flipped to 2022? or would we have to reorder and be put in the back of the line compared to 2022 orders that open up TOMMOROW? and are there any holds on any other options that would delay or speed up the production order?
He is at Elder Ford in the Detroit area. I have bought from them before and found them pretty straight shooters.

His responce.....

"First off, I’m glad you recognize that the internet can have a lot of good information and also so not so good information
Ford F-150 Dealer update: No more 2021 F-150 orders will be built.  MY2022 Order Bank opens Sept 15 32
. I can almost guarantee you will hear more of the problems happening with orders then the people that received their trucks in a timely fashion and never posted that on the forms lol
As luck would have it our Ford Regional rep stopped in today, So I was able to get some clarity on your questions. The adaptive steering is only affecting the superduty trucks. If you order a superduty with that options wont be built. It does not have anything to do with F-150 trucks. We can change your order code to a 10, but Ford is building the F-150’s in the order they were submitted. There is a possibility that your truck could be pushed to a 2022 truck. If that is the case, you don’t get put to the back of the line, all the 2021 orders that weren’t built and transferred to a 2022 will take priority and be built first."

We will see if my dealer is correct.

Rader398

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F150. 2001 Navigator
Occupation
Retired
So after reading many of the posts on this site I sent a few questions to my dealer about orders and such. I have a f150 platinum on order and asked if he could clear up the process: would unscheduled orders get automatically flipped to 2022? or would we have to reorder and be put in the back of the line compared to 2022 orders that open up TOMMOROW? and are there any holds on any other options that would delay or speed up the production order?
He is at Elder Ford in the Detroit area. I have bought from them before and found them pretty straight shooters.

His responce.....

"First off, I’m glad you recognize that the internet can have a lot of good information and also so not so good information
32.png
. I can almost guarantee you will hear more of the problems happening with orders then the people that received their trucks in a timely fashion and never posted that on the forms lol
As luck would have it our Ford Regional rep stopped in today, So I was able to get some clarity on your questions. The adaptive steering is only affecting the superduty trucks. If you order a superduty with that options wont be built. It does not have anything to do with F-150 trucks. We can change your order code to a 10, but Ford is building the F-150’s in the order they were submitted. There is a possibility that your truck could be pushed to a 2022 truck. If that is the case, you don’t get put to the back of the line, all the 2021 orders that weren’t built and transferred to a 2022 will take priority and be built first."

We will see if my dealer is correct.
Hopefully he is correct. My order is a Platinum as well and if it gets transferred to a 22 and takes priority I’m good with that!!

Sponsored

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future f150
So any clarity on if it gets bumped to a 22 will you have to resubmit an order? Or will it be automatic?

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
So my dealer said mine would be built 7/13 order date 3.0 so I would be really shit out of luck if it don't get it built this year and would really have to look at the 22 tundra at that point

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
This is NOT accurate.
While I do not believe it's accurate either, my dealer corroborated unprompted that retail orders within the 10-19 priority range were being built in the order submitted. So, maybe true?

One thing is consistent: the inconsistency across dealers. Understandable given the scenario.

Last edited: