Sponsored

Approximately when will 2023 F-150 be on dealer lots?

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
Hey guys, I apologize if this has been covered prior. Would anyone know a ball park estimate of when 2023 models may be on dealer lots? I'd like to see some of the paint options in person before making a decision to seek a 21-22 or order a new 23. Thanks for your input!
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
No earlier than mid to late November in small numbers and with the order backlog for custom orders plus trucking/rail delays inventory will be lean for several months after.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
And it is worth noting that paint colors are not always “available” during the whole production year, so it’s possible you wouldn’t be able to see an example until well into the model year run. For example, sometimes a color is a late introduction, only available in the latter portion of a model year. And of course, dealers don’t always end up with the widest color selection, either.

Which color are you most interested in?

Last edited:
OP
OP
LostBoy

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And it is worth noting that paint colors are not always “available” during the whole production year, so it’s possible you wouldn’t be able to see an example until well into the model year run. For example, sometimes a color is a late introduction, only available in the latter portion of a model year. And of course, dealers don’t always end up with the widest color selection, either.

Which color are you most interested in?
Wow great point! I'm hoping to see avalanche grey in person. i understand it was used on the raptor and Gt350 but i doubt i'd be able to find any of those either lol.

I've been hunting a 21-22 space white, but thought about ordering a 23 avalanche grey. Was just hoping to see it in person first.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow great point! I'm hoping to see avalanche grey in person. i understand it was used on the raptor and Gt350 but i doubt i'd be able to find any of those either lol.

I've been hunting a 21-22 space white, but thought about ordering a 23 avalanche grey. Was just hoping to see it in person first.
I believe it is also available on the Transit, or at least was for 2021. Probably only going to be customer orders though, as most dealer transits I’ve seen are white or black.

It’s going to be on several other 2023 models. Since it’s been available on other models/trims you’re more likely to manage to find one of those somewhere to check, but also keep an eye out for the other 2023 models using it (I know the Maverick gets it 2023) in case one of those hits a lot first.

It is available as touch up paint, so in a pinch you could paint a swatch but that’s going a bit far lol

I suspect your best bet before finding a dealer 2023 is the Raptor. Several of the folks I see trying to visualize this color for the Transit managed to find Raptors in this color. It won’t be easy, but it’s probably the quickest option to see a whole vehicle, if chance smiles on you and theres one within driving distance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Side note, your dealer *should* have the annual exterior colors brochure thing, it usually has color tabs in it if I recall that are easier to visualize than online. They may not have 2023 yet, but if they’ve got 2021 or 2022 there are vehicles that used it, so it should be in there too. It’s not the whole vehicle, but it’s better than nothing and adds a data point to compare with online.

OP
OP
LostBoy

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great info guys, thank you so much. I'll keep an eye out for all mention aboved
Sponsored